Characters that need to die forever

rofl.png

That'd make him the most predictable character ever.

Lol isn't every MK boss? Give him an anti air grab with his tail and let him keep his teleport.

You do realize they probably would've needed a horse in studio for motion capturing?

It's hard to catch realistic movements doing it straight from programming.

NRS could get a favor from Santa Monica studios to let them get their Centaur rigging from God of War.

NRS could get a favor from Santa Monica studios to let them get their Centaur rigging from God of War.

That's very true.
NRS worked with Sony Santa Monica to get Kratos on PS3, anyways.
They could have also collaborated to help make Motaro. ;-)

lol, yes because 2 dudes under a blanket totally do motions like a horse hahaha

Hell, I'd do it for fun, as long as NRS paid for my plane ticket and provided lunch. :laugh: :rofl:

Point is, Yes they really could've.

But motaro is unfit size wise for a fighting game. he'd have to be like Galactus in MVC3 where he's only on one side of the stage unless he teleports. And you can't cross him up.

That would be boring as hell.

And even if you gave them jump over animations. In MK9 they'd have to make special animations to jump extra far to get past him. And teleports wouldn't work if they did the one sided version because you're not allowed to be behind him.

Lets add on you can't grab him, or air juggle him(that would look so retarded)

It'd be like fighting a wall with arms.

extremely boring.

I don't see why Critical.

I say change a few things about fighting him.

-Low attacks/sweeps make him stumble, not fall

-Uppercuts/power attacks knock him far back

-Jumping over him would cause him to anti air you

-Getting into a corner would cause him to teleport behind you so he doesn't corner rape you

-He has a trample move that knocks you back so you can't corner him

Lets add on you can't grab him, or air juggle him(that would look so retarded)

It'd be like fighting a wall with arms.

extremely boring.

See now I see your point on him.
However I don't see how it would be extremely boring when you have a 1 in 3 chance of fighting him once in a ladder.

The only way I can see myself somewhat enjoying a character like that
is if they made it sort of like an obstacle course

where you gotta be defensive and dodge crap flying at you, then you'll get a small window opportunity to run up and do damage.

But the damage you do will be unflashy because it won't be linked combos, it'll just be you spamming strings lol.

Well then I guess they should have just made him a challenge tower mission :roll:

I'm not saying I think Goro and Kintaro or Khan are fun.

They are just as boring. It's not like I'd have to fight motaro daily so I wouldn't care if he was included.

I'm just saying I can see why they wouldn't bother.

If they could pull off Motaro back when MK3 came out, there's no reason they couldn't make it work so many years later for MK9.

Would he be an awkward predictable boss battle? Sure. But we've got a lot of those in MK9 already... So what's the problem?

If they could pull off Motaro back when MK3 came out, there's no reason they couldn't make it work so many years later for MK9.

Would he be an awkward predictable boss battle? Sure. But we've got a lot of those in MK9 already... So what's the problem?

The problem is the resources to do motaro vs goro/khan ect is a big difference. And for very little extra satisfaction.

I mean lets be honest you guys would fight him like 10-15 times and probably no longer give a shit lol.

The problem is the resources to do motaro vs goro/khan ect is a big difference. And for very little extra satisfaction.

I mean lets be honest you guys would fight him like 10-15 times and probably no longer give a shit lol.

Wouldn't be any different than Goro or Kintaro. Those fights got quite old after a while. The only two who keep me on my feet are Shang Tsung and Kahn.

At least with Motaro in there I would have the satisfaction of seeing one of my favorite MK villains as a boss again. And not reduced to some cheap background character filler.

Like all bosses in MK.

Beat Goro in MK1 ~ Freeze him when he stand up and uppercut his ass over and over

Beat Kintaro in MKII ~ Jump kick him to death

Beat Kahn in MK3 ~ Spear him as he tries to get up

Beat Goro in MK4 ~ He was actually fun to fight

Beat Moloch ~ Walk around a lot and spam the ungodly shit out of him

Beat Onaga ~ Smash his ceramic collection

MK is known for its tedious boss fights.

Yes. which further proves my point.

That the EXTRA resources aka asking an extra team to help the with Centaur Animations

Isn't worth the small level of extra hype you'd get, from a developers PoV

Goro/Kinataro/Khan Easy in comparison to Motaro.

Wouldn't be any different than Goro or Kintaro. Those fights got quite old after a while. The only two who keep me on my feet are Shang Tsung and Kahn.

At least with Motaro in there I would have the satisfaction of seeing one of my favorite MK villains as a boss again. And not reduced to some cheap background character filler.

The ONLY one who keeps me on my feet in MK9 is Shang Tsung.
Kahn is very predictable, as are Goro and Kintaro.

Shang morphing into completely different people each time throws me off, because you never know WHO you're going to fight when you face off against Shang. ;-)

The ONLY one who keeps me on my feet in MK9 is Shang Tsung.
Kahn is very predictable, as are Goro and Kintaro.

Shang morphing into completely different people each time throws me off, because you never know WHO you're going to fight when you face off against Shang. ;-)

Kahn was easy for me with certain fighters. Others not so much. I can easily destroy him with Kitana, Sheeva, Sonya, Sub Zero, Rain and Mileena.

In this new MK, all characters are AWESOME. and Sheeva is no exception

I could not agree more! As a fan of MK since 1992, MK (2011) is the roster I think of when I think of the core MK characters (Kratos, Freddy, and Skarlet excluded obviously as they are guest/new characters respectively). Skarlet I like though. Best new character...since...since...pretty much Kenshi in MKDA.

With very, very few exceptions, the rest of the cast can drop dead and I wouldn't miss them.

Sheeva
Blaze
Tanya
Jax
Stryker
Kai
Jarek
Quan Chi
Bo' Rai Cho
Drahmin
Frost
Hsu Hao
Li Mei
Movado
Nitara
Taven
Daegon
Mokap
Sareena
Fujin
Ashrah
Darrius
Havik
Onaga
Moloch
Hotaru
Dairou
Shujinko
Kobra
Kira
Chris Redfield

Die, all of you.

Wow I didnt expect you to put Chris name on your list at all ;)