Characters that need to die forever

I changed my mind. Noob Saibot can stay.

Also Sub-Zero has actually a very bad story.
His story is that he is a Lin Kuei assassin who killed Scorpion`s family. What is totally not true.
He was only to fully complete Scorpion`s story.

His story is that he is a Lin Kuei assassin who killed Scorpion`s family. What is totally not true.

He never did kill his family.
He killed his CLAN.
If you're going accuse something of being false, at least get your facts straight.

Well Quan Chi killed all.
Though..his family was killed also..?

----------------------------------------------------- EDIT ---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scorpion" is the code name of the ninja named Hanzo Hasashi, formerly one of the finest warriors of the Japanese ninja clan Shirai Ryu.[4] After he was originally killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Chinese clan Lin Kuei, Scorpion became a hellspawned revenant residing in the Netherrealm underworld and seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his family

Now, Scorpion is a black and yellow garbed, hell-spawned spectre, inexorably seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his own family

(sources: wikipedia & themortalkombatwikia)

Last edited:
Well Quan Chi killed all.
Though..his family was killed also..?

Quan Chi only killed Scorpion's family.
Sub-Zero killed Scorpion and his clan.

Quan Chi fooled Scorpion into thinking that Sub-Zero had killed his family, so that Scorpion would get revenge and kill Sub-Zero.

I know the story. But WTF?
So Sub-Zero AND Quan Chi were the killers?

I thought Quan Chi killed ALL and Sub-Zero killed Scorpion..?

So the whole Lin Kuei and Quan Chi killed the Shirai Ryu.

1. Why did Quan Chi also helped killing the Shirai Ryu?
2. If the Lin Kuei helped..why does Scorpion not seek vengeance on the whole Lin Kuei - but only on Sub-Zero?

So much hate for liu kang geez considering the potential now he could be a much darker rouge character now if anyone needs to die off it's quan chi. They have given this guy to much attention especially considering how he stole shang tsungs thunder in mk9 plus the fact that he has jumped the the most out of all characters. Personally I don't mind him appearing in the new mk sometime in the future but they have make it his last at least for a while

So the whole Lin Kuei and Quan Chi killed the Shirai Ryu.

1. Why did Quan Chi also helped killing the Shirai Ryu?
2. If the Lin Kuei helped..why does Scorpion not seek vengeance on the whole Lin Kuei - but only on Sub-Zero?

I don't think the Lin Kuei exterminated his clan. It was done by Quan Chi himself, along with killing Scorpion's family. Bi Han however was responsible for killing Scorpion's human form, Hanzo Hasashi.

The Lin Kuei wasn't responsible for their deaths, they were just rivals with the Shirai Ryu, something which Quan Chi took advantage of.

But Araknyd_Commander said that the Lin Kuei killed it off with Sub-Zero?

Yea I had a doubt about that as well, I think this clears things up.

After Sub Zero delivered the map, Quan Chi made good on a promise to the lin kuei grandmaster; the rival clan, the Shirai Ryu was wiped out.

From the lin kuei wiki page under the section: The defeat of Shirai Ryu.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Lin_Kuei

Edit: Just saw Arkanyd's link as well. Looks like there seems to be a confilct of facts here. Not sure which to go by now.

I think it's a result of not checking their own facts when messing with the story. And thus they created accidental paradoxes or oxymorons in an attempt to just "remember" what happened.

No basis on this. Just an assumption.

I think it's a result of not checking their own facts when messing with the story. And thus they created accidental paradoxes or oxymorons in an attempt to just "remember" what happened.

No basis on this. Just an assumption.

Even MK9's explanation of the situation, it STILL seemed a bit fuzzy.
We know that Sub Zero said "That is not me," when it showed him killing Scorpion's family, but does that also mean that it wasn't him riding the horse killing the Shirai Ryu clan???
It would have been nice if NRS also made Sub-Zero say "I didn't kill your clan."
It's still up in the air whether that was Sub-Zero on the horse, or Quan Chi masquerading all along.
The Lin Kuei and Shirai Ryu are rival clans, and if they were at war with eachother, Sub-Zero would probably have been among the ranks, killing the Shirai Ryu.

I changed my mind. Noob Saibot can stay.

He was only to fully complete Scorpion`s story.

On the contrary...it was Sub-Zero that was created for the game first. Scorpion was created later due to a memory shortage in MK1, using the same method Namco used to create Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.

I know the story. But WTF?
So Sub-Zero AND Quan Chi were the killers?

I thought Quan Chi killed ALL and Sub-Zero killed Scorpion..?

According to the canon version of the story, Bi-Han killed Scorpion, while Quan Chi killed the Shirai Ryu along with Scorpion's wife and child; the fact that Quan Chi personally showed the bones of the Shirai Ryu's leader to the Lin Kuei Grandmaster, plus the fact that he openly admitted it in Scorpion's MK4 ending, is all the proof you need.

Last edited:
So much hate for liu kang geez considering the potential now he could be a much darker rouge character
Nah

Liu Kang needs to retain his personality and stay good. I mean, he's the main hero after all, right? No need to change up his personality just to make him more popular or well-liked amongst fans. There are much better ways to capitalize on his potential than that, speaking of which...

If/when they revive Liu Kang in MK10, I'd like to see NRS make him a renegade Forces of Light member; by that, I mean he could rebel from Raiden and go off to form his own Forces of Light (this is where I would like to see new characters come in, btw). The group would be mainly formed to defeat Quan Chi and force him to resurrect all of the good warriors that were killed during MK9 (especially Kitana).

What I like about this idea is the conflict that would arise between his faction and Raiden's faction and the parallels between Raiden's approach and Liu Kang's approach to things. Liu Kang's strategy is more straightforward, where his main goal is just to beat all of the bad guys until they get to Quan Chi, unaware of what the Netherrealm is planning, while Raiden, sensing much bigger things to worry about to come (Shinnok), takes more of a tactical approach by focusing on rebuilding his forces and trying to convince every one he can around him (including his enemies) to join his cause in preparation of said threat. So, basically, Liu Kang is more driven by personal matters and emotions so he acts more on impulse as opposed to Raiden who is more driven by the need to ensure the safety of Earthrealm as a whole. This was sort of touched upon in of MK9, where Liu Kang just simply wanted to defeat Shao Kahn while Raiden wanted to surrender to Shao Kahn knowing that the Elder Gods would intervene when Shao Kahn would try to merge Outworld and Earthrealm, so I'd like to see this explored more fully this time.

Also, where the conflict between the two forces would come in is the recklessness of Liu Kang's forces affecting the plans of Raiden's forces. Let's say Raiden wants to recruit some of Shao Kahn's former minions to their side, only to find Liu Kang and his forces beating the shit out of them in an attempt to get answers out of them on where to find Quan Chi (since they don't where he is). And since the team of Liu Kang's is a product of Liu Kang's frustration at Raiden, you could say that there would be a one-sided rivalry between he and Raiden.

So... yeah, that's that

*goes back into the shadows*

Last edited:
Nah

Liu Kang needs to retain his personality and stay good. I mean, he's the main hero after all, right? No need to change up his personality just to make him more popular or well-liked amongst fans. There are much better ways to capitalize on his potential than that, speaking of which...

If/when they revive Liu Kang in MK10, I'd like to see them make him become a renegade Forces of Light member; by that, I mean he could rebel from Raiden and go off to form his own Forces of Light (this is where I would like to see new characters come in, btw). The group would be mainly formed to defeat Quan Chi and force him to resurrect all of the good warriors that were killed during MK9 (especially Kitana).

What I like about this idea is the conflict that would arise between his faction and Raiden's faction and the parallels between Raiden's approach and Liu Kang's approach to things. Liu Kang's strategy is more straightforward, where his main goal is just to beat all of the bad guys until they get to Quan Chi, unaware of what the Netherrealm is planning, while Raiden, sensing much bigger things to worry about to come (Shinnok), takes more of a tactical approach by focusing on rebuilding his forces and trying to convince every one he can around him (including his enemies) to join his cause in preparation of said threat. So, basically, Liu Kang is more driven by personal matters and emotions so he acts more on impulse as opposed to Raiden who is more driven by the need to ensure the safety of Earthrealm as a whole. This was sort of touched upon in of MK9, where Liu Kang just simply wanted to defeat Shao Kahn while Raiden wanted to surrender to Shao Kahn knowing that the Elder Gods would intervene when Shao Kahn would try to merge Outworld and Earthrealm, so I'd like to see this explored more fully this time.

Also, where the conflict between the two forces would come in is the recklessness of Liu Kang's forces affecting the plans of Raiden's forces. Let's say Raiden wants to recruit some of Shao Kahn's former minions to their side, only to find Liu Kang and his forces beating the shit out of them in an attempt to get answers out of them on where to find Quan Chi (since they don't where he is). And since the team of Liu Kang's is a product of Liu Kang's frustration at Raiden, you could say that there would be a one-sided rivalry between he and Raiden.

So... yeah, that's that

*goes back into the shadows*

A very interesting story....... anywho

Characters I wish to never see again

These are characters that should return only to die and never come back (a way to kill them off with out completely forgetting them)

Meat
Mokap
Meat
Movado
Darrius
Dairou
Hotaru
Drahmin
Moloch
Ashrah
Kobra

I would put Shang tsung and Quan Chi in the list but I do have to kill someone in Mk after all :)