Characters that need to die forever

Sticking with MK9 (because all post MK3 characters haven't been introduced in this timeline yet):

1. Sheeva - I really really like the idea of Sheeva. Honest. But so many fans hate her and after MK9 it seems like NRS hates her as well. If you aren't going to do her right, then get rid of her. Stop the suffering.

2. Shang Tsung - Never liked him after the first MK. His role in Kenshi's story is cool, but for the most part I think he's an ass clown. I really hope he's dead for real this time.

3. Shao Kahn - Kahn is fantastic, but I think it's time for him to stay dead. Lets get some other villains a shot. New and old.

4. Liu Kang - I have always hated him. The series needs a new champion... Not some generic Asian character.

5. Kano - I'm just sick of him. I never really found him to be interesting and he was so irrelevant in MK9 that it just seems kind of tired to bring him back again.

6. Nightwolf - Kind of a silly character that went out in bad-ass way. Don't screw it up by bringing him back. He did something awesome (for once), let him have it.

7 & 8. Goro and Kintaro - Before MK9 I would have never listed them. But after playing MK9 and seeing Goro and Kintaro being reduced to mentally challenged four armed muscle heads, I simply don't care about them anymore.

Is Rain Persian? Or Persian-like?

And Shao Khan is bisexual? How do you figure? If so... I wish to keep him! <3

Sure he might give you a good time at first. But he'll rip you apart afterwards. He doesn't know how to love. He has a fetish for blood and gore. Watch out. ;-)

Anyways, I'd like to see Baraka go and we can have a new Tarkatan.

Nightwolf actually did some pretty significant shit in Deception, though

He was the one to bind Onaga's soul to the Netherrealm after Shujinko defeated and killed him

And there's still some shit you can do with Goro. Like, now that Outworld's throne is open (with Shao Kahn gone HOPEFULLY), he can be one of many Outworld characters to contend for the throne. Or maybe they could take a page from Sheeva's ending and have the Goro and Shokans form an uneasy alliance with Earthrealm in order to save both realms

For me, though, the only character I really want gone is Shao Kahn

Nightwolf actually did some pretty significant shit in Deception, though

He was the one to bind Onaga's soul to the Netherrealm after Shujinko defeated and killed him

And there's still some shit you can do with Goro. Like, now that Outworld's throne is open (with Shao Kahn gone HOPEFULLY), he can be one of many Outworld characters to contend for the throne. Or maybe they could take a page from Sheeva's ending and have the Goro and Shokans form an uneasy alliance with Earthrealm in order to save both realms

For me, though, the only character I really want gone is Shao Kahn

I guess. But I loathe Deadly Alliance and Deception, so it doesn't mean much to me. lol

And I'm not saying Goro can't be made useful. He could. But I hate that he and Kintaro went from super menacing bad-asses to a couple of duurrsss who aren't even a challenge. When I play MK 1 or 2... Beating the sub boss is like winning the lotto (Maybe I just suck at those games). But in MK9 I smash through them so quickly it's almost sad.

I guess. But I loathe Deadly Alliance and Deception, so it doesn't mean much to me. lol

And I'm not saying Goro can't be made useful. He could. But I hate that he and Kintaro went from super menacing bad-asses to a couple of duurrsss who aren't even a challenge. When I play MK 1 or 2... Beating the sub boss is like winning the lotto (Maybe I just suck at those games). But in MK9 I smash through them so quickly it's almost sad.

No dude they were just as easy to read in the first 2 MK's dude.

They way they are designed the AI can only take them so far.

They might've felt like a challenge back then but that's because we were whiney stubborn kids who can't adapt and just spam what we considered cheap stuff and prayed to god we got lucky enough times to win a round.

They might've felt like a challenge back then but that's because we were whiney stubborn kids who can't adapt and just spam what we considered cheap stuff and prayed to god we got lucky enough times to win a round.

Haha I mean I STILL can't beat those punks in MK 1 and 2. Like I said, maybe I just suck at those games. Cause I can go back right now and fail terribly once I reach the sub boss. But I never had an issue with them in MK9. Even my little sister can beat those guys and she tends to play on Medium and Hard. *shrug*

Haha I mean I STILL can't beat those punks in MK 1 and 2. Like I said, maybe I just suck at those games. Cause I can go back right now and fail terribly once I reach the sub boss. But I never had an issue with them in MK9. Even my little sister can beat those guys and she tends to play on Medium and Hard. *shrug*

I found it funny that NRS went out their way to make a Motaro model, but never implemented him into the game. I can't say I miss him though.

Eh, I actually liked Motaro a lot, even if only for the whole Shokan vs Centaur storyline

But I don't think he's ever coming back

No one should stay or leave over opinion.

It'll be better if you have a reasonable reason.

Mokap should die forever. The dude is a pointless ass character. He doesn't do anything in the storyline. And I don't see how he would be useful as well. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:
I don't think you can actually kill a joke character... That's like saying "I want Freddy Krueger and Kratos to die and don't return".

The dude is a pointless ass character. He doesn't do anything in the storyline. And I don't see how he would be useful as well. Anyone else agree?

But that is the point of Mokap.
He is a joke character. He was never hopping around on the box art, never appeared on the vs tower and never took a roster spot over anybody else. I don't see why so many people hate him.

Plus he's Carlos Pesina

I don't think you can actually kill a joke character... That's like saying "I want Freddy Krueger and Kratos to die and don't return".

And how many games was meat in? (MK4, Deception and Armageddon)
Exactly.

Just because it's a joke \ guest character doesn't mean that it WON'T return.

Meat wasn't in Deception.

However I liked him in Armageddon. He was like a more extreme Havok.
Meat should return, and they have the tools to do so. Just take the X-ray muscle model and throw him in there.
As a secret character of course, and he should only be as he was in MK4, just a skin. Hell, maybe even an unlockable costume.
Land an X-ray attack 100 times with a character to unlock their "Meat" costume.

No harm, no foul.

I feel they could do alot with Mokap even with the little backstory. For example in MKD's konquest mode, Mokap seems to randomly wake up at distance places but with no memory of it (chaosrealm for example). They could use this trait and say he has a dual personality and his alter ego could be someone like Hornbuckle or someone new.

Uh, yeah, he was.
He was in Deception's Konquest Mode, which means that NRS was trying to develop his backstory more.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Meat

Uh, he wasn't playable.
Damn near every single character up to Deception's timeline was in Konquest mode.
And where do you see story development? Meat gives you koins if you find him in a cave at 10 PM. The MK team must be setting things in place to reveal Meat's gambling addiction, the main story arc for MK 11.

Not only that, but if they were trying to develop his story, which they weren't, they were doing it wrong. At no point does the MK timeline mention that Meat dies and goes to the Netherrealm. Wasn't even mentioned until Armageddon that he was a science experiment by Shang Tsung. They were just making him a random corpse with a name in Deception.

Uh, he wasn't playable.
Damn near every single character up to Deception's timeline was in Konquest mode.
And where do you see story development? Meat gives you koins if you find him in a cave at 10 PM. The MK team must be setting things in place to reveal Meat's gambling addiction, the main story arc for MK 11.

Not only that, but if they were trying to develop his story, which they weren't, they were doing it wrong. At no point does the MK timeline mention that Meat dies and goes to the Netherrealm. Wasn't even mentioned until Armageddon that he was a science experiment by Shang Tsung. They were just making him a random corpse with a name in Deception.

The point was that they kept him for a reason.
If they didn't want him in Armageddon, they wouldn't have bothered in the first place.
Same could be said for guest \ DLC characters.

As much as I'd HATE to see Freddy or Kratos in MK10, if NRS really wanted to, they could develop them further for MK10 since the following has already been established in MK9.