Characters that need to die forever

Here's my list of selective murdering:

First of all... MK1 for me is critical... Because it's the foundation of all MKs. So...

MK1 - Kano, Raiden and Liu Kang can all go to hell.

Seriously... These three characters never grew on me since the original MK, too generic...

Ok, aside from Kano, LK and Raiden are the two main characters... But damn... The main characters shoulda be Scorp and Subby.

Talk about overrated... Like when Street Fighter The Movie appeared (the crappiest film in all time, followed closely by Popeye), and they tried to shift focus to Guile, instead of Ryu and Ken... In the MK case, is the opposite... They try hard for us to like and think of Raiden and LK as Main Characters, but... It's very hard to swallow... Even Kojima did a better job with Raiden from MGS, and now he finally progressed from "fag" to "yeah, he's kickass now, but... Still a fag!"

I mean, this is character design 101 in my book... When your main characters aren't the favorites... Better turn the favorites into main characters, and call it a day.

Boon and Tobias missed a prime oportunity there, they shoulda listen to fans since the original MK, and then work on the Story from there, from gamers feedback. Now the end result is a crippled story, filled with uninteresting, empty and inexpressive characters on the spotlight.

Story-wise, they did a good job in MK9 though, but they shoulda have done this sooner... And also, the crappy ending is a X-Ray of the crippled nature of MK Story. Not so much room for improvement.

And actually, for me, MK9 already killed Raiden for good... I mean... Dude... What kind of crappy god is he? If humanity had a religion which relied on a god like Raiden, they shoulda be better off by being followers of Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate or Scientology. If Beavis and Butt-Head were in the game, they would appear smarter than Raiden... In MK9 Raiden looks clueless and dumb as a door knob, and fails miserably.

Spoiler:
And by the way? What the **** was that, when he insta-killed Liu Kang... Shit... I almost crapped my pants from laughing when a friend said: OH MY GOD, THEY KILLED KENNY! YOU BASTARDS!

MK2 and onwards:

Now the murder begins...

The following characters can die, and rot in hell, with no explanation at all:

Sheeva, Sindel, Chameleon, Khameleon, Fujin, Jarek, Kai, Meat, Reiko, Tanya, Bo' Rai Cho, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Mavado, Mokap, Moloch, Nitara, Onaga, Sareena, Dairou, Darrius, Havik, Hotaru, Kira, Kobra, Shujinko, Daegon, Taven.

Die with an explanation:

Blaze - They should have done it as a real secret character in MK2...

Kintaro and Motaro - Never liked them... Goro is the man, and should be unique, and a little more developed, character-wise.

Nightwolf - Seriously? I hated T. Hawk in SSFII, and probably because of that I hate Nightwolf.

Stryker - In MK9 he's a bit better developed, but still, he's a dumbass donut eater.

Rain - The Rain of ninjas must stop.

And That's it... For me, a better retelling of the story should be a (re)retelling of MK1 again, but starting with Raiden as a powerful and almighty god (and unplayable), Liu Kang would be killed in the first match, and Kung Lao avenging his death (which is a way more interesting character), and all that sub-zero/scorp ninja thing going on, with a HUGE focus on them.

Last edited:
Yeesh, after reading the comments in this thread I'm glad none of you are in charge of anything over at NRS. Because with the amount of characters you all want to kill off, it'd be the same 4-6 characters in every future game. :laugh:

Well Said. She's the worst in everything. She should NOT exist at all.

While I admit I would not miss Sheeva, she is hardly the worst character in MK history... not really even close. She was not terrible in MK3, but was pretty bad in MKA/MK9. I think the worst character (not counting Mokap, which is such a blatant joke he really isn't seriously worth mentioning) is Bo Rai Cho.

Yes, I know Bo Rai Cho is an "important part of the story line", but he is so off putting that he should have been killed off in MK4. Ha ha he barfs and farts on people... that is worth wasting a character spot in two MK games that someone much more worthy could have occupied (MKA doesn't count, everyone is in that). I would have rather gotten Hsu Hao carried over MKDA to MKD (Hsu Hao is actually an interesting character, but I know a lot of people don't like him).

Who knows though... maybe Sheeva will grow on me. I am not crazy about her right now, but maybe if I play with her some more, I may get good at her. I gotta admit, this is an amazing MK game, and is the best one to come out in over a decade.

Yeesh, after reading the comments in this thread I'm glad none of you are in charge of anything over at NRS. Because with the amount of characters you all want to kill off, it'd be the same 4-6 characters in every future game. :laugh:

No kidding. Man, there sure is a lotta' hate goin' on here.

The only characters I think should go away are the truly goofball ones; Mokap and "Meat"... I mean what the hell is that? Any characters in MK9? Not really. Only some cheap applications of the characters that I could do without. :p

The rest of the cast doesn't bother me. It's not like I have to play them. (Except in the structured Story Modes). I would like to see Shao Kahn toned down a bit, though. I like having a challenge, but jeez, I'm only a casual player NRS and Mr. Boon, getting my ass whooped for two hours straight on beginner is a little... discouraging. :)

You know, I suppose you are right in a way. One persons favorite is another ones despised. If I were put in charge at NRS it would be a game filled with Ninjas/female ninjas/cyborg ninjas + Sonya, Kung Lao, and MK9 Stryker. My most loved characters are all palette swaps.

Complaining is still a big bag of fun though.

On a brighter note, this is the best MK game ever. Better than MK2, and better than MK Gold (yes, I liked that game). This past decade was filled with some semi-disappointing games. MK:DA had a limited array of fatalities (and no stage fatalities), MK:D had a plethora of stupid new characters (worse than MK3s new selection), MK:A had no original fatalities to speak of, and MK vs DC couldn't hold my interest for more than a few minutes. I could never get used to the 3d environment of any of these games. For the most part, they were pretty decent, but you were left thinking it could have been something more.

This time around, NRS and Ed Boon have a lot to be proud of. My only (very minor) gripe is that the fatalities could be a bit more varied, but this is really grasping at straws. This game is a classic.

Last edited:
quan chi is my least favorite of any mk game, total douche. then reiko,just bad. and liu kang, he's an 80's kung fu movie style main character, i was happy when they killed him in deadly alliance,too bad he came back. oh and i hope they kill smokes crazy hair from the newest game, make it better or make it alot worse for the lolz

This thread is funny. lol at the people that want all others dead but their favorite characters.
I think the only characters that dont need to return is Meat and Mokap. Their pretty much joke characters.
I dont like Hsu Hao but who knows maybe NRS could do something cool with him, same for Mavado, Jarek, Kira, and Kobra.
All this Sheeva hate is depressing. NRS made Sheeva because they wanted players to experience what it feels like to play
a Shokan. Now we know how it feels, their slow, powerful, grapplers. Sheeva is even more agile than Goro & Kintaro, and people are asking to make them playable. Also I cant believe people like Motaro more than Sheeva. He was a pain to beat, has barely been playable, and doesnt really have any meaning, just another sub-boss...cool looking though. Long story short...theres nothing wrong with Sheeva, she just needs more attention.

"The most popular post MK3 character?" No, that would probably be Quan Chi.
"More games than any other MK4 Character?" Quan Chi again.
"The most developed story?" What's her story? She's a traitor to her realm who is then a general of whatever baddie is in charge? Decent storyline, but nothing spectacular, or stand-outish.
"Top choices for DLC?" Kenshi, Rain, Motaro I believe are ahead of her, but I could be wrong.

Either way, Tanya is nothing special. She's not unique enough to be much more than an "evil yellow Kitana." I don't necessarily dislike her, but I try to view her unbiasedly. She's pretty "meh..."

Oh yea I forgot about Quan Chi for a second my bad lol
Tanya being involved with practically every bad guy
in the series makes her part of the action. She's like
a female henchmen. Baraka, Reptile, and Ermac fall into the same category
as henchmen and as you can see there are very important
characters. I'd say she's just as important more or less than Baraka and a little less than Reptile.
Plus Jade does need an arch enemy and Tanya is the one.
I do agree she does need more uniqueness to her though.

As much as I hate to have it happen I would like a large majority to die off forever and be nothing more then DLC its time to move the story forward and keep the big game players in like Shinnok and Quan Chi and Raiden...then add some unique new characters! I know NRS could do it if they really put their heart into delivering rememberable new characters

This thread is funny. lol at the people that want all others dead but their favorite characters.
I think the only characters that dont need to return is Meat and Mokap. Their pretty much joke characters.
I dont like Hsu Hao but who knows maybe NRS could do something cool with him, same for Mavado, Jarek, Kira, and Kobra.
All this Sheeva hate is depressing. NRS made Sheeva because they wanted players to experience what it feels like to play
a Shokan.
Now we know how it feels, their slow, powerful, grapplers. Sheeva is even more agile than Goro & Kintaro, and people are asking to make them playable. Also I cant believe people like Motaro more than Sheeva. He was a pain to beat, has barely been playable, and doesnt really have any meaning, just another sub-boss...cool looking though. Long story short...theres nothing wrong with Sheeva, she just needs more attention.

Oh yea I forgot about Quan Chi for a second my bad lol
Tanya being involved with practically every bad guy
in the series makes her part of the action. She's like
a female henchmen. Baraka, Reptile, and Ermac fall into the same category
as henchmen and as you can see there are very important
characters. I'd say she's just as important more or less than Baraka and a little less than Reptile.
Plus Jade does need an arch enemy and Tanya is the one.
I do agree she does need more uniqueness to her though.

Don't get too depressed about it, she is clunky, and her moves have a learning curve, but she could grow on me as I play this game more (much more). I was pretty good with her in MK3, but her in a 3d environment will take some getting used to. I am already growing on Sindel (played her a bit tonight... has an easy learning curve), and I have barely played with her at all in the last week.

I can't help but wonder where MK is getting these lists on the most played characters... what are they basing it off of? They have a list for PS3 players, but the PSN has been down for days. I am also baffled as to how low Mileena was on the list (5th to last)... she is an amazing character with an awesome moves set. She is easy to pick up and very amusing. What is not to like about Mileena? She is an MK staple!

Oh yeah, on my list, I forgot to mention a guy who needs to die just because he's a complete jerk...

Die Shao Kahn! I SUCK? SO DO YOU BUDDY!

goro & kintaro. wat do they even do thats significant?

They're a mini-boss? They have 4 arms? They represent a entire race of warriors that would otherwise not be in the game? They're needed not trying to be a dick here or anything.

Anyways I like the characters they all have parts, some bigger concentrated then others but they all have a story nonetheless. I mean Sheeva might not play a big part but then she'd have to be replaced by someone for all her parts of the game. Whether it's just defending some place or being the hench-woman (or should I say man? she's ugly as ****) because not everyone can be the main character all the time.

It looked like Reiko, not Jarek. The only thing that looks like Jarek is dog crap.

Agreed, he does indeed look utter dog shite.

Another to be thrown into the depths of 'I hate you because I smashed my controller' is Quan Chi. Maybe Kratos and Quan Chi was switched at birth? Quan Chi can take his bloody sorcery and ram it up Shinnok's arse and be done with them.

All the characters from MK4 and up. Couldn't careless about them, don't like them, never will. Matter of fact if the next MK will have those with only whatever few characters we have from this one left I'll be passing on the game.

Hell I hate Stryker and Sheeva too, but atleast they were a part of MK's glorious days so leave them in.

I dislike Sheeva. But, if they were to kill her off, it would have to be a significant death.

I must be one of the few that doesn't dislike most of the MK characters.

Kano
Sub-Zero
Noob Saibot
Quan Chi
Ashrah
Bo` Rai Cho
Daegon
Dairou
Drahmin
Darrius
Frost
Fujin
Hotaru
Hsu Hao
Jarek
Kobra
Li mei
mavado
meat
mokap
moloch
Nitara
Onaga
Reiko
Sareena
Taven

Honorable mentions:
Sheeva
Shinnok
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn

Kano
Sub-Zero
Noob Saibot

Quan Chi
Ashrah
Bo` Rai Cho
Daegon
Dairou
Drahmin
Darrius
Frost
Fujin
Hotaru
Hsu Hao
Jarek
Kobra
Li mei
mavado
meat
mokap
moloch
Nitara
Onaga
Reiko
Sareena
Taven

Honorable mentions:
Sheeva
Shinnok
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn

Killing off one of the 2 main MK characters? Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen.
And let me guess why you listed Noob Saibot. Because he's Bi Han a.k.a. Elder Sub-Zero?

1.Sheeva
2.Jax
3.Stryker

All 3 of these guys SUCK really bad, and I dont see why they are even some of the main MK characters.

Freddy Kruger and Kratos.

There is no reason for any of those f**kers to ever come back, under ANY circumstances.
Now that they got the gimmicks out of their system, NRS needs to focus more on MK characters for the MK10 main roster and DLC.