Characters that need to die forever

Every "new" and copy & paste characters from Mk:Deception to Mk:Deadly Alliance. This has been something I really hated from those two and other fighting games. I buy the game and I bet most people too because of the characters it has and I understand back in the day,they introduced 5-6 new characters from mk1-mk4 but this was because the game was just growing. They try to squeeze new characters into the series,leaving some characters out. Keep the list the same and just add 1 or 2 the max into the story mode and see if they get popular at all.

Sheeva
Blaze
Tanya
Jax
Stryker
Kai
Jarek
Quan Chi
Bo' Rai Cho
Drahmin
Frost
Hsu Hao
Li Mei
Movado
Nitara
Taven
Daegon
Mokap
Sareena
Fujin
Ashrah
Darrius
Havik
Onaga
Moloch
Hotaru
Dairou
Shujinko
Kobra
Kira
Liu Kang

Die, all of you.

lmfao u should of just said everybody post umk3

THIS!

I thought I could never like Sheeva, but she is one hot piece of ass in this game, kind of, I think.

ewww u would do her. i probably would too if i was locked up for a long time haha.

Last edited:
Well, Sheeva and everyone else added after UMK3, Once the 3d games hit MK stopped making decent characters.

You are some kind of crazy they made Ashrah and although she didn't get much attention you gotta admitt she had a cool desing similar to Raiden and had a pretty interesting story of a demon seeking redemption and ascension from the netherrealm. Rarely do we see such characters of change especially here in MK. Also Hotaru whilst being a bit of a bore he was still kinda cool and really introduced the beginning of a new realm to us because the realm of seido (order) didn't exist until after his introduction into the series so he kinda opened our eyes up to yet other realm in MK's eternal and infinite universe. Plenty of other characters as well but those guys are the more obvious ones. And don't get me started on FUJIN the god of wind!! Some of MK's characters in the newer ones can be pretty good just underrated.

I never knew there was so much hate. I love all MK Kharacters before MK: DA, Deception and Armageddon (that's right I like MK4 characters). I'm even a fan of a very limited few of the post ones. Frost, though I don't see how she can exist if the story mode is cannon. Kenshi, I have a soft spot for blind swordsmen. That's all I can think of, lol...

Characters that should die permenantly however I would have to say would be Scorpion, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang and I think that's about it for now. I know i'm going to hear alot of flak for this but let me explain. Popularity doesn't make a character a character, a story does and having said thast Scorpion's "I'll avenge my family and clan and kill any and everyone" plot is both used up and stale. I really like his non canon ending in Deception and use it as a reference often in my case becasue of how important and destined they made Scorpion out to be having him become Champion of the elder gods in MK: D. I think Scorion should have technically been laid to rest years ago especially after finally hearing the truth and trapping Quan Chi and now having said that Quan Chi should also go because he's the main reason why Scorpion is still around. Shang has failed many many times and should have died by Shao's hands just before his own death by Raiden and Fujin. I think Liu Kang should definitely go because as the former champion since his last victories he's been off the grid mainly due to his death in MK: DA and just before that he had fallen off the bandwagon so to speak. Everytime a threat rises against earthrealm it's Raiden's job to fight and defend the realms in this tournament. Why Raiden? Isn't Kang the champion? Isn't it the mortals' job to fight and fend for their own realm while Raiden oversee's and protects only as their mentor? Raiden has been fighting many of the battles for years so all of the pressure will always be put upon him. Shao Kahn is not immortal, he is but emperor... mortal emperor, I'm not saying he can't be revived either but just the fact that he dies for a while and gives others like Shinnok a chance to rise up and be seen as a new threat tbecause this Shao Kahn vs Raiden vs Liu Kang thing is getting old to me, I don't know about you all but I think its gotten old. Anyone else agree? This MK game is excused because it's a time travel trip but afterwards they will have to drasticaslly change more things to distance this storyline from the preceeding one. That's just my honest opinion on MK and their characters and I love MK. My gamertag is MKGuru on PS3 for those who would like to play online assuming this PSN works again in the coming days. Peace!

Lmao, in Jade's world, this is the MK10 select screen

mk1-raiden.jpg
mk1-raiden.jpg
mk1-raiden.jpg

Except he isn't wearing any clothes in my world <3

Except he isn't wearing any clothes in my world <3

Raiden's like my all time favorite character and I like him so much and I never thought i'd say this but.... I think, you may like him much more than even me!! XD But I guess that makes sense looking at your motives for being in his and hugh jackman's pants it's understandable. Still nice to meet another big Raiden fan! XD

Sheeva
Blaze
Tanya
Jax
Stryker
Kai
Jarek
Quan Chi
Bo' Rai Cho
Drahmin
Frost
Hsu Hao
Li Mei
Movado
Nitara
Taven
Daegon
Mokap
Sareena
Fujin
Ashrah
Darrius
Havik
Onaga
Moloch
Hotaru
Dairou
Shujinko
Kobra
Kira
Liu Kang

Die, all of you.

Umm, I'd like to know why approximately a quarter of the roster is on your deathlist????? All those characters you must either have a reason why or you just think they are unimportant characters when really they are just underrated and weren't given mcuh chances especially now given that we're going back in time. What's your reason if any? There has to be a reason when all of those characters are involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kobra
Mokap
Daegon
Taven
Blaze
Kira
Jarek
Sheeva
Moloch
Hsu Hao
Mavado
Drahmin
Nitara
The version of Tanya in Deception and Armageddon

Kenshi, Havik, Li Mei, Tanya, Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, Quan Chi, Sareena (revamped), Kai (revamped), Shujinko, Bo Rai Cho (as an important part to the story, NOT as a playable character), Hotaru (again, not playable, just important to the story), Darrius, and Dairou are the post-UMK3 characters that can story.

Mokap, Meat, K/Chameleon, Taven, and Hsu Hao.

The rest of the unpopular characters I would like to be seriously revamped before I see them again.

And, no, not everyone post UMK3 "sucks..."

Most post MK3 characters..

I probably would give Fujin another chance if he was re-imagined.. and had shorter hair than Armageddon. And Khameleon would probably be good with a new move set.

The characters that are over used way too much need to leave. Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Shao Khan, Liu Kang and Quan Chi (if it wasn't for Cyber Sub then I would've said him too)
Their characters have been over used to the fullest extent, it's gotten to the point where it is just boring now.

Hmm, this is an interesting thread. I think most of the new characters post UMK 3 should die forever... be thrown in a meat grinder and fed to Kintaro.

*MK:A - Taven and Daegon. These two are incredibly forgettable. Who needs to die? Both of them

Every new character in Mortal Kombat Deception, except Ashrah. Ashrah is pretty unique and I like her style. I would LOVE to see her as a DLC at a future date. I think Deception has the WORST roster of new characters I have ever seen. I can't even remember most of them, as they were mostly generic and forgettable. Kira and Kobra are the only ones I can even remember from this bunch, and I hate both of them.

MK:DA - Hated Mokap, and Blaze did nothing for me. I really hated Bo Rai Cho. I didn't think he was funny, and he was gross to look at. He was a waste of a character spot that could have gone to... I dunno... Mileena?

MK4 - I actually like Jarek, so I don't understand the hate for him. He is kind of amusing, albeit a total Kano clone. Reiko was okay, but felt rushed. Fujin, Tanya, and Kai were forgettable, and they could die forever, and I doubt I would not miss them. Shinnok was a joke... no original moves (although his fatalities were good). He needs to die.

MK3 - I would have said Stryker needed to die before MK9, but this game redeemed him in a BIG way. He is really good now, and I think he should stay. Don't care for Sheeva much.

MK 2 - A great roster of newbies. Only Shang Tsung is kinda meh as a playable character, and I think he has just gotten worse as time has gone on.

MK1 - Liu Kang is too generic, and Kano never really grew on me.

Every new character in Mortal Kombat Deception, except Ashrah. Ashrah is pretty unique and I like her style. I would LOVE to see her as a DLC at a future date.

I'd say she is one of the least original and most unimportant to be honest. She looks like Raiden, she has his flying move, shes yet another character with a fire up and projectile comes down move. Her forward firing projectile has hardly any range (Gadouken!).

Her story is also too independant. Doesn't really have anything to do with the main plot. Each to their own but I think there are better characters for DLC.

MK4 - I actually like Jarek, so I don't understand the hate for him. He is kind of amusing, albeit a total Kano clone. Reiko was okay, but felt rushed. Fujin, Tanya, and Kai were forgettable, and they could die forever, and I doubt I would not miss them. Shinnok was a joke... no original moves (although his fatalities were good). He needs to die.

Tanya forgettable??
She is the most popular character post MK3, has been in more games than any of the other MK4 characters, has the most developed story (was involved with Shinnok/Brotherhood of Shadow,the Deadly Alliance, and Onaga), and is one of the top choices for DLC.
Even made a cameo in MK9.
Definitely not forgettable.

Tanya forgettable??
She is the most popular character post MK3, has been in more games than any of the other MK4 characters, has the most developed story (was involved with Shinnok/Brotherhood of Shadow,the Deadly Alliance, and Onaga), and is one of the top choices for DLC.
Even made a cameo in MK9.
Definitely not forgettable.

"The most popular post MK3 character?" No, that would probably be Quan Chi.
"More games than any other MK4 Character?" Quan Chi again.
"The most developed story?" What's her story? She's a traitor to her realm who is then a general of whatever baddie is in charge? Decent storyline, but nothing spectacular, or stand-outish.
"Top choices for DLC?" Kenshi, Rain, Motaro I believe are ahead of her, but I could be wrong.

Either way, Tanya is nothing special. She's not unique enough to be much more than an "evil yellow Kitana." I don't necessarily dislike her, but I try to view her unbiasedly. She's pretty "meh..."

Umm, I'd like to know why approximately a quarter of the roster is on your deathlist????? All those characters you must either have a reason why or you just think they are unimportant characters when really they are just underrated and weren't given mcuh chances especially now given that we're going back in time. What's your reason if any? There has to be a reason when all of those characters are involved.

Not a big fan of any of the new characters. None of them really interest me at all and I am partial to the old school MK-UMK3 characters. IMO, they had more of an 'MK feel' than the newer characters.

As for Jax, Liu Kang and Sheeva, I just don't like them. Well, I actually didn't mind Sheeva in MK3/UMK3 but,after seeing how she is in MK9, meh, I prefer not to see her ever again. Jax, I have always hated because I don't like his character and I'm just sick of Liu Kang, lol.