Why didn't I regain any health in Challenge 300?

Lunar Aura

Hey everyone. I know there's a Challenge 300 thread but every YouTube video I've seen of it is far different from the Challenge 300 hell I chose to go through. Please let me explain as I don't know if it is a glitch.

I had to go through Goro, Kintaro, Mileena (she was like SNK BOSS HARD, nothing like I saw on the YouTubes or even setting Training CPU to Expert Mode. She's the true boss of the level), and Shao Kahn with one NON-REGENERATING health bar. I actually thought this was the correct way until I saw the YouTube videos of the regenerating health bars after beating each character. Additionally, there have been a couple of other commenters asking why the health bar didn't regenerate.

Before doing the challenge, here's what I've done with the game. I'm listing these in case maybe there's hidden conditions to set this up. BTW, game is fully updated and connected to Xbox LIVE:
  • Story Mode completed 100%
  • Beaten Arcade ladder on Expert with Kitana with a continue or two.
  • Everything bought from the Krypt (ran into a screamer, then avoided it by repeatedly using the Map trick to buy everything) 100%.
  • Kitana (the character I used to beat Challenge 300) had done all her finishing moves (1,2,stage, and babality)
  • I bought my way though the tower to earn the "reward" except all the Test Your Mights which I completed legit.
  • Had over 600,000 Koins
  • Game is installed on HDD, Game Save is loaded from separate memory card
Yes, despite all this I wanted to see what the big deal about Challenge 300 was about. I'm still surprised I got through with this 'glitch' (if it even is a glitch). Many times I got flawless on Goro and Kintaro just to be decimated by this Mileena and even if I got through her I didn't regain any health for Shao Kahn. When I beat it, it came down to having to flawless Goro, Kintaro, then lost 1/3 health to Mileena, then lost 1/3 more to Shao Kahn. I beat the bosses spamming her 10hit combo but Mileena was pure luck.

She had MAD priority over everything and on MANY instances she would have Super Strength OR I would have Damage Reduced WITHOUT THE ICON DISPLAYED NEXT TO THE LIFE BAR! Also, the modifiers didn't seem to ever stop and I'd always hope for the Blocking Disabled as I rarely block for the bosses.

I'm sorry if this didn't warrant a new thread but it seems like people should know. I swear this is real (I'm not the type to make things up for attention) and I'm hoping that beating the 300th challenge doesn't yield a different result because I want to upload a video for you all to see within the next week or so. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
i had the same prob iwas playing it and was getting health back, i went back into it and i wasnt getting health back :/,

and thennnn when i got to shao kahn in one of my runs i had permanent block disabled lmao... and yo ucant duck spears in this challenge i guess... it seems to be glitchy or something is not right

I like it better this way too because it's alot harder and justifies all the hype but damn if nobody wonders where Mileena keeps all those sais...

I ****ing hate Mileena.

Just like you, I can get flawlesses on Goro and Kintaro, then Mileena kicks my patooty.

Someone mentioned somewhere that after multiple tries the difficulty would drop or something would change to make it easier, maybe thats what this is? can't confirm as not that far up yet but had a similar thing with Baraka against sheeva, goro & kintaro in the challenge tower, first few tries it wasn't regenerating then it did! dunno if this helps anyone tho

I read that if you die and retry then the game will make it easier with regenerating health. But if you pause and retry then it won't trigger the regen. But i haven't tested it.

Maybe there's a secret unlockable for beating it without using the regen or for getting a flawless on it.

Lmao, I just restart instead of allowing it to start over, thats why I never got the health regain.

Seems my impatience has wronged me yet again.

I made it to 300 yesterday without skipping any challenges. I tried probably 20 times and my health never regenerated once (although I did restart a few times, if not most). Still haven't beaten it yet. Same problem, Mileena... I still haven't gotten past her.

Just let Goro kill you about 10 times. After that you will regain energy after every fight.. But you can't press start and retry, you must die and wait till the retry screen pops up.

After that it's sooooooo easy to beat the challenge! It almost feels like they all go somekind of retard-mode.

My gf almost beat it last night without any health recharges. o_o She got Khan down to half health and then he went into spam mode and kicked her ass. I thought she was gonna cry, poor thing!

My gf almost beat it last night without any health recharges. o_o She got Khan down to half health and then he went into spam mode and kicked her ass. I thought she was gonna cry, poor thing!

Haha that's crazy! Yesterday my gf asked if she could try to beat that challenge, and she did the same thing! Although she did regain health. But the funny thing is that she has NEVER played before! She was all over the place with button mashing.

Pff...I couldn't even get past Kintaro
I never heard it was supposed to regenerate, But if it was then damn i missed something!

I want to beat it without the health regeneration, but I think I may give in. I just can't get past Mileena.

Also, does/did anyone else's Milenna skip? "Let us, let us, let us dance." Mine does it more than 50% of the time.

Sektor is key.

Mileena's difficulty is reduced DRASTICALLY after you lose quite a few times, without pausing and retrying.
You have to wait for the menu to show up, then go to retry.

After about 10 matches, you will receive a decline in difficulty and health regen.