Lazy Programming...

Borss36

The most disappointing part of this game is the cheating AI, particularly the Bosses. Shau Kahn is blinking yellow and just ignoring a landed strike? I mean really, how is that fun? Not to mention lazy on the part of Netherealm. It's bad enough that they can't program an Ai fighter to be good without resorting to blatant cheating, but they can't even be bothered to program some cool dodge or something, they just pretend you never even hit them. The regular fighters are almost as bad. particularly the teleporters. I was playing as Kung Lau against Shang Tsung and Quan Chi and they were cheating too. Shang would shoot a fireball at me just before I would teleport and magically the rest of his fireballs came out of his backside. And then there are times when I would teleport and they would turn around and wait for me THE SECOND I finished the button imputs before the teleport animation even starts. Also there are the teleport attacks that i would dodge with a teleport of my own, only to have their attack adjust to MY teleport mid move. I mean, I like a challenge, that's why I play on hard, but that's just not fun when it's impossible. I shouldn't have to lose 20 times only for them to let me win eventually. That's just plain lazy.

You had better get better then.

MK has always been known for psychic AI, see Jade in UMK3.

I do agree that Kahn is pure horse shit though, I don't care about his yellow shield, its his charging attacks that **** me over a rail.
I find Shang Tsung to quite fun to fight against though.

I wish they could have gone with an AI like Dark Kahn had, you could do any move on him, but he was still difficult and fun to fight.

its not impossible, if you cant beat shang tsung and quan chi, then you need to practice more. i beat them the first time. and what difficulty are you playing on?

Shao Kahn is an absolute **** in this game. Took forever to beat him in story mode!

The only other character I found to be a bit of a pain was that pile of boring garbage, Quan Chi.

i personally had alot of trouble fight quan chi and scorpion, but the only character ive beaten shao kahn with other than raiden and liu kang is kratos, and thts because i spammed his bow

I don't mind Bosses who take away 52% of my health in one hit. I don't mind bosses who don't get interrupted. I don't mind bosses who stun me for half the match (okay, maybe a little for that one).

what I DO mind, however, is a boss who can take away 52% of my health, can't get interrupted, and is able to stun me for half the match.....

Damn Hammer Throw, I don't know why, I always try to duck under that damn thing, even though I know it doesn't work....

imo the only really tough boss is Shao Kahn. I played him like 50 times. :) Problem is, I played him the same every damn time (the first 40 times) before I started thinking. You have to think about the strengths of your character... how to GET AROUND (hint here for the last Shao Kahn encounter) the lobbing of the hammer/charge. I think they simply designed these guys to require you to think about how to counter their primary attacks. Yeah, so they blink "shrug off" half of your hand-to-hand attacks... they're bosses! Welcome to a 90s arcade!

Damn Hammer Throw, I don't know why, I always try to duck under that damn thing, even though I know it doesn't work....

Lmao, I do the same thing.
He always psyches me out and makes me fumble with the controls, especially when he gets close.
I know, I just know a double shoulder charge is coming my way :(

i dont know y people are complianing about sho khan for me he is easy but maybe thats because i play as cheap as he dose if u have a teleporting charecter spam that when he taunts and if u have a charecter that trows things spam that and duck his trowing moves

its not impossible, if you cant beat shang tsung and quan chi, then you need to practice more. i beat them the first time. and what difficulty are you playing on?

I beat Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. I am playing on hard. I knew some clown was going to insult my skill. Just because I beat them, that doesn't mean they don't cheat. Right now I'm on Kahn with useless Liu Kang. I almost tossed my tournament stick across the room before....

Lmao, I do the same thing.
He always psyches me out and makes me fumble with the controls, especially when he gets close.
I know, I just know a double shoulder charge is coming my way :(

And lets not forget the time where he decides it's HAMMER TIME! (CAN'T TOUCH THIS!) and just spams the damn things....

?

Liu destroys Shao Kahn.
His bicycle kick cancels the armor effect on many of his moves, provided you time it right.

kahn is really easy...you just have to get your timing down and jump over him and upercut alot...or keep your distace and spam projectiles while dodging his

kahn is really easy...you just have to get your timing down and jump over him and upercut alot...or keep your distace and spam projectiles while dodging his

I might as well try the spamming routine as his dragon kick does the same sliver of damage.

Also shouldn't goro be more challenging than shang tsung? Atleast shang tsung puts up a good fight but goro is just **** i expected more from him. And yeah kahn is somewhat easy i already beat him with Quan chi ;) just block a lot and uppercut him or do some combos.

The MK bosses are always cheesy, but they may have went overboard with Kahn this time. On the harder difficulties it is just about impossible to beat him playing legit. You have to spam certain moves and play more cheesy than Kahn to win. The only way I beat him in the story was by avoiding him with Raiden and taking my shots when I had them and letting the clock run down. It's just not fun playing against him.