Grappler trophy

BLOODCHUGGER

The Grappler trophy/achievement is to use every characters' throw foreward and backward. I did that with all characters including CSZ, Quan Chi, and Kratos, and no trophy was given. It may have been because I was in the Fatality Trainer, but I don't know why that wouldn't count. So what I'm thinking is that I don't have every character yet? Could there be more characters to unlock? Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro? I have no idea. Thoughts?

It may have been because I was in the Fatality Trainer

Exactly, you found the answer to your troubles. The same goes for the 'Finish what you start' achievement, you cannot get it if you perform fatalities of every character in the Fatality trainer. Makes sense right? Would be easy if it were that way.

So what I'm thinking is that I don't have every character yet?

Unfortunately, you do. If you'd beaten the story mode you unlocked CSZ and Q Chi and that is it. Goro is only playable in the CTower, the other two are non-playable completely. Of course, we all keep our hopes high that everything has not been found and unlocked in the game yet, although the achievement list says otherwise.

To earn that trophy go in a Ladder match and after you perform your characters front and back throw, press start and pick a different character, rinse and repeat till you get the trophy.