PSN Hacking/Return/Etc. Discussion ~ Do Not Make Anymore Threads

It seems like psn is STILL after nearly 35+ hours is still down...this is sad man. Anybody else can't log in or just me?

Re: ...psn is STILL down?

Yes, it is still down, but this is a good time to work on story mode or challenge tower =)

And to work on the achievements/trophies, chessing some of them like mad :p

hopefully will be up tonight, and if not PLEASE tomorrow night. I'm dying to get some online play in.

Playstation EU (Which is worldwide) Posted this on their twitter ....

"No new information to update you with I'm afraid. We'll post here over the weekend with any developments. blog.eu.playstation.com/"

Over then weekend... F*ck Sony.

yeah this sucks... knocked out story mode, and started with challenge tower some... but i need me some online play .. grr

all this practice time i am getting in, i want to try it against a human - i knew i shouldve bought a copy for xbox on release day... oh well

Yeah I hear you. I already beat story mode the night of release... I get bored of challenge tower real easy because it's hard for me to keep doing the same things over and over again when it's really hard, so I like to juggle my online play/practice/challenge tower.

Hard to play when theres no onliny.

this was probably the main reason why i sold my ps3, im not trying to sound like a fanboy or troll but i hated trying to play CoD4 only to have PSN down for a few days without any confirmation when it will be up or even shut down

I'm pretty sure this is a result of Sonys recent hacker problems. Generally a scheduled maintenance will be announced in advance and have a set end date that is not to be exceeded by very much, and certainly not by 36 hours or more.

If this is a "maintenance" and not a Denial of Service attack on Sonys network, it's being handled very sloppily, but I am fairly sure it's a DOS attack.

A DDoS attack wouldn't cause it to be down for this long, it isn't a DDoS attack.

I'm pretty sure this is a result of Sonys recent hacker problems. Generally a scheduled maintenance will be announced in advance and have a set end date that is not to be exceeded by very much, and certainly not by 36 hours or more.

If this is a "maintenance" and not a Denial of Service attack on Sonys network, it's being handled very sloppily, but I am fairly sure it's a DOS attack.

well the hackers stopped attacking sony like two weeks ago so its not them, and DDoS would last for a good hour max and this isnt the first time Sony has had PSN shutdown without confirmation, it messed up with my gamebattles when i would set a date that fit my schedule on CoD4 and it would piss me off when psn would be down for a day or two

well, i finished the story mode, got kitana's fatalities (all 4 -alities) & made a 37% damage combo :) but, i hope they fix it soon, i want 2 murder online lol

OMG. And I thought there was something wrong with my cousin's PS3. So it isn't just me heh? Well, that's good. I'm still practicing and playing tag ladder so many times with Jade and other characters. Next time, I will try her with Kratos. lol

This is the PERFECT time to practice your combos. I'm in practice mode (4-6 hours a day) against a dummy learning some crazy shit then just bumping him on to expert level and see if I can pull them off in a fight.

Or just get some friends over! There's a lot of fun to be had even without the online!

Who knew a group of amateur hackers

could shut down a sony operation

I spend alot of time on Geohot's site, and NextGenUpdate.
By no means are they typical "amateur" hackers.

This is from the Playstation website too.
An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.
I laughed at the "providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority" part.

Psn might be back 2moro!

I just tried to log in in the psn and itdidnt say that error 800****** cr.ap... but instead it said psn is under maintanance....

do you guys/girls think that psn will be back 2moro?