Pad vs Fight Stick

cvan27

How are people liking the fight stick? I'm using the ps3 pad but I'm having some trouble executing multi-button moves. For example, Scorpion has one where you press 2,1+2. I can never really pull this off when playing against someone else. Seems like the fight stick may be easier in this regard.

Do you have previous experience with fight stick or is this your first one? I've never used a fight stick before. What's the learning curve like?

The fight stick is tons better. I played the demo with a PS3 controller, but the fight stick for my 360 TE version. Very responsive, just feels right. No learning curve if you've played an arcade machine in the past.. decade or so. Multi-button combos are easier and feel more natural to pull off on this.

I think the stick makes it easier when you need to press more then one button, I haven't played on a stick for more then 15 years, and it took only a couple hours before it all came back to me.

I'm still waiting for my TE, I will have it on monday. Anyway I bought a fighting stick for my 360 and I started to train on Street Fighter, I haven't use arcade sticks for more than a decade and I'm very rusty. Anyway, fighting stick is much more useful than pad!

-WolfScythe.

Last edited:
I didn't get the TE because I didn't thin I'd need the stick.... Seriously though, I wish I would have took a few games in and bumped my KE up to TE. I can NOT pull off some combos/fatalities with the 360 controller, mainly Noob.. Whom I'm really trying to master. I won't even go online because I'm not comfortable with not being able to pull off some of the stuff I know I should be able to pull off.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how well the SFVII fight pads work on this game...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre...44HA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303500297&sr=8-3

I have a few bucks credit on my Edge card and I'm thinking about picking one up if they work well... I just can't find anyone that's used them with MK.

I love the stick but I play better with the control. I only use the stick for when a friend is here or when I want to experiment which is better for me when I use a certain character.

I'd Love to Know as Well! I just purchased the silver 360 pad which looks great and works a little better(easier on fingers for extended play sessions), but I'm assuming its not as nice as madcatz fightpad(comfortability/functionaliywise), but I left mine in ohio and cannot find one in the state of alabama. I bought it for $44.00 sale online from walmart although I love the look I'll probably return it next week to get my money back cause I'm short on cash and order a fightpad off amazon and hope for the best but if fightpad feels really good on mk I'll do it now because I got a feeling they'll be shortage on the 360 vers. soon.....................

Last edited:
My brother likes to play on his Street Fighter stick.

I play with my Mortal Kombat one. It is superb over the controller.