Official Online Lag Discussion Thread ~ Please do not make anymore threads

Anthony Burks

I have Knology, 25 megs down, 5 megs up, direct connect to my xbox.. no wireless.. and I have yet to play an online match where the lag was ok, the lag made the game unplayable and the outcome unpredictable because of the delay in controls and inability to perform combos in those conditions.. tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Re: Online Lag, Unplayable

*sigh* In other news the sky is blue

We know there is lag. You are about the 100th person to mention it. new games have lag when they are first released since they werent expecting all the traffic. They are working on it and will be patched soon

I have been playing KOTH with some friends and have experienced only ONE round where I had lag. I feel bad for you all who are currently waiting for them to sort out their network issues.

I'm patiently waiting for this lag FIX too, Meanwhile I spend most of my time in Training mode trying to get some combos going before I play online. Also, can anybody make a Private match in MK9? I tried making a Private match so I can play with one of my buddies and It'd just stay on the "Created a Private match" loading..

I'm playing on 360... not had a player match or ranked match allll night..just doesn'tfind a match!!

have to join rooms..which seem to be all American and therefore lag to f"ck!! ..very disappointed :soapbox:

I'm playing on 360... not had a player match or ranked match allll night..just doesn'tfind a match!!

have to join rooms..which seem to be all American and therefore lag to f"ck!! ..very disappointed :soapbox:

I'm on Xbox too, I was wondering if anyone else can make a Private match or is it just me? It leaves me on a loading screen but it doesn't create the room no longer how much I wait.

Your best bet right now would be to join a room then when it comes up press Y/Triangle (I think it is, don't remember) to bring up the options then where it says sort by move it over then back onto "connection" then just play players at the top of the list. I have very minimum lag. Not enough to ruin my experience or rip me off out of combos.

I have been playing KOTH with some friends and have experienced only ONE round where I had lag. I feel bad for you all who are currently waiting for them to sort out their network issues.

You are certainly in the minority here....consider yourself very lucky.

It was pretty bad for me the last time i was online...the delay was just enough so that when you hit the block button it doesnt actually respond until you're already getting destroyed by the other person's attack/combo. Im staying off of the online stuff until NRS makes a statement saying theyve made some fixes.

Can someone please answer my question and tell me if you are able to make a Private match? I'm on Xbox by the way.

i have a hard time believing you, i have an excellent strong wired connection and when i play 1 vs 1 matches its really smooth but it is not perfect but when i try koth forget about it the lag is so fckn bad idk how ppl enjoy playing it like that.

I have Knology, 25 megs down, 5 megs up,

This is completely irrelevant. Your bandwidth =/= latency. If you have a 25 Mbit pipe but a ping of 1000ms, your connection will suck ass. The only thing that matters is your latency (ping) to the other player. Games don't require that much bandwidth, anyway.

direct connect to my xbox.. no wireless.

This actually does matter. Wireless connections to your console can introduce lag to the connection.

A small solution to deal with the lag online (until patch)

Well I was thinking last night and realised that instead of making rooms such as 'CHAOSREALM' and 'GOROSLAIR' we should spread the word and make region specific rooms such as 'UK', 'USA', Europe', ect.

If we can spread the word then it will be easier to find games online but I really need people to help to spread the word, so will you help me?

Re: A small solution to deal with the lag online (until patch)

Ya I thought about this to. Only problem is starting it as you'd be waiting for quite a while for people to come in there unless we all agree on a time for people to come on there and continue to spread the word about it. I know people are making TRMK rooms tho but it's not region specific. I think it's a good idea tho jus gotta have people coming in it every day throughout the day etc.

i was in germany, found a room called deutschland joined . agree it was better but it was still laggy so i doubt that would solve the problem.

I don't think this will be a feasible answer to the problem as I get the same intermittent lag playing vs my friend a few miles away as I do playing vs people located in California.

online lag gotten a bit better ?

so anyone noticed the online getting better. i mean there's still lag but it's not as bad as it was at first.

Re: online lag gotten a bit better ?

it's either your imagination...or you just happened to get lucky...

It's still unplayable for me...

Re: online lag gotten a bit better ?

well then that's a good thing... means i just got lucky and its still laggy. which means they havent fixed it yet cuz if that was the fixing i wouldve been really disappointed :D . yeah probably was just lucky the few last matches.