Official Online Lag Discussion Thread ~ Please do not make anymore threads

Re: I just talked to Ed Boon personally here in Las Vegas about LAG.

ohh this is fantastic news! i realy hope this patch comes in soon.

BTW is ed boon's eyebrows any bigger in real life?

---snip---
---snip---

Last edited:

Oh great! Does this mean I have a chance at getting the Reptile classic costume?

I just got back home from PDP Mortal Kombat Tournament here in Las Vegas. Ed Boon was there with one of the programmers and art designers and one of the producers. I asked Ed Boon if the lag is going to be fixed, he told me they are currently working on a patch for the lag issues and he is fully aware of that. Hes very nice and humble guy. I was also told that they have many many concept alternate costumes in the works.
Thanks for asking him. I heard him on the stream saying that the patch is coming in a few weeks and will also include Skarlett.

Hopefully they have that online sorted out, cause I just tried it for the first time just now and unfortunately it's near unplayable.

---snip---
---snip---

Last edited:

Oh great! Does this mean I have a chance at getting the Reptile classic costume?

I was also there and talked to him about it, I pointed out the Human Reptile concept from the artbook and asked him if this will be available for DLC? He said that there was many concept arts that they have planned out. Epic.

And yes, Ed Boon is a very down to earth guy in person as we expected, very friendly and mellow. Got his autograph along with some of the other developers in my guide book.

definitely great news! thanks for the update

No there was not a mob around him. Everyone gave him his space and didnt mob him. Several times he was just walking around by himself texting on his phone. Of course everyso often a small group of people would stop him and say hello. Hes also taller then i thought, hes about 6'1"

I was also told that they have many many concept alternate costumes in the works.

I hope all the characters get new costumes, having a plethora of alt costumes to choose from would be really cool. Can't wait to hear more about this.

Howd you do at the tournament?

He also said that the game is still very new and they are still receiving feedback and examining things that need to be balanced. I took a lot of pictures and will probably post them tomorrow.

Please NRS don't get inspired by Capcom for alts.

I don't wanna see Thug Smoke or Mileena in a cat costume.

Howd you do at the tournament?

I only made top 5 at my pool but i was eliminated by a guy names Markman who i guess works for Mad Catz cuz he was wearing a shirt with the logo of the 3 red slashes. I wish i could have used a pad but i was forced to use a stick and im way better with a pad. I also played KrazyBone and he beat me. I need to practice a lot more. I talked to Tom Brady for a bit regarding his loss to Long island Joe. i watch Perfect Legend almost lose to a quan chi player who was very good. I thing Trophy Boy from Las vegas made it to finals using cyrax. I play him on tuesdays at our local las vegas gatherings.

I'd do anything to meet Boon. He seems so sweet and down-to-Earth. :)

I only made top 5 at my pool but i was eliminated by a guy names Markman who i guess works for Mad Catz cuz he was wearing a shirt with the logo of the 3 red slashes. I wish i could have used a pad but i was forced to use a stick and im way better with a pad. I also played KrazyBone and he beat me. I need to practice a lot more. I talked to Tom Brady for a bit regarding his loss to Long island Joe. i watch Perfect Legend almost lose to a quan chi player who was very good. I thing Trophy Boy from Las vegas made it to finals using cyrax. I play him on tuesdays at our local las vegas gatherings.

Well don't feel bad about losing because Marksman qualified for top 16, and I venture to say he is definitely top 4 material. So is Trophy Club; he ripped apart the competition tonight with his Cyrax. My guesses would be Perfectlegend as the winner, Marksman as runner up, Floe as third, and Trophy Club as fourth.

I could have been there :(

Great detective work :)

So is Trophy Club; he ripped apart the competition tonight with his Cyrax.

I couldn't agree more. He's the player that sticks out most in my mind from today. I'll never, ever say a bad thing about Cyrax again after seeing him play. So impressive.