Official Online Lag Discussion Thread ~ Please do not make anymore threads

Re: online lag gotten a bit better ?

Things seem to be getting better as well.

there is alsoa trick when you select someone to challenge. Select the player name wait a good 10 secs before issuing the challenge. It will refresh the connection to the selected player and give you a more precise indication of latency to them. Alot of times the initial connection that shows up is mad wrong. You begin to notice that people with good connections pop up with all green a split sec after selecting there name and others will time out etc....

~StaticJack

played for the first time on the 360 last night, and it was pretty bad. I'm not going back online until i hear the problems have been fixed

Honestly, with as many people that are trying to get in online matches at this time, I think it's gonna be really hard for them to get all games 100% lag free, and in a game like this it is almost crucial that it is. After the traffic on the servers slows down I think the lag will gradually improve.

After the game has been out for a while and casual players grow bored it will be significantly better. In the meantime hopefully NRS can improve the experience in some way. I have had my fair share of lag-free matches, but they are definitely much less frequent than lag-filled matches.

Honestly, with as many people that are trying to get in online matches at this time, I think it's gonna be really hard for them to get all games 100% lag free, and in a game like this it is almost crucial that it is. After the traffic on the servers slows down I think the lag will gradually improve.

u mean traffic from the people who are playing. what happens when the traffic goes down ? the people who were waiting for the traffic to go down will play and when that happens. yup traffic goes back up ^^

It's getting better.

I mean, it still blows, but it's getting better. Every once and a while there's one game that's unplayable and one game that's great, and the rest are just sort of 'eh'

what actually is much more annoying is the fact that ive to wait like 10 Minutes for one 1v1.... **** the Lag, waiting sucks more tbh.

I could be wrong, but I think the challenger, or whoever started the King of the Hill etc. is the host. So if you challenge others, your machine will be the one hosting and your lag should go away.

I'd been having really bad issues too and then I tried making it a point to be the one challenging. It seems to have cleaned things up pretty well.

When you have a match with really bad lag, even though you have a good connection, it's probably because the other person has a crappy connection.

This overcrowded thingy people keep going on about it... if its true aint gonna go away, as time passes more people but the game... and first day when SSFIV came out i played the whole weekend non-stop(i even got the trophy for winning 300 matches online in the 3 days) and i played like 5 laggy matches because i was playing vs some1 in japan...

played for the first time on the 360 last night, and it was pretty bad. I'm not going back online until i hear the problems have been fixed

same here. i tried to get in a king of the hill room and left before it was my turn. it was so bad i couldnt even stand to spectate. chances are when the lag gets ironed out it will be a level playing field once again as no one will be used to fighting online with no lag. its all about the timing. thank god this game has a huge single player portion.

Just so yall know. NRS said they will be release a patch in Mid-May on the regards of online matches, they even stated this was something so unexpeccted.

At least you guys can play online... Hopefully PSN will be back online tomorrow in some shape or form. Though I did play it on 360 online at my friend's over the weekend and the results were similar to when I did get to play on PSN. Some games were great others were laggy, but for the most part there wasn't really much lag.

It actually has gotten better for me. There are still hiccups, but it's way better than it was 10 days ago.

Just so yall know. NRS said they will be release a patch in Mid-May on the regards of online matches, they even stated this was something so unexpeccted.

Do you remember where they said this? I wanna read it.

Might seem strange, but I encounter SERIOUS lag really rarely, maybe something like 1 match on 15, so I don't see the big problem yet. The only concern I have is the time it might take to find an opponent when I'm not in a chat room.

Do you remember where they said this? I wanna read it.

here is there tweet

"Thank you for supporting Mortal Kombat! Due to the overwhelmingly positive reception to the game, Mortal Kombat has millions of online matches being initiated worldwide every day, and we have run into some unanticipated technical issues. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are aware of the issues with the online gameplay ? specifically with "King of the Hill" and Ranked 1 v. 1 matches - and we want to assure our fans that we are focused on resolving online issues ASAP. We have added a ?Technical Issues? section to our forum so please be sure to let us know what issues you are having so we can address those as soon as possible. Users will begin seeing improvements in online play over the course of the next two weeks. In the meantime please note that none of this will impact the single-player or offline multiplayer experience, and we greatly appreciate your patience!"

My ass. Online was even worse for me the past few days. After reading that post, I was hopeful but I suddenly stopped getting lucky with lag-free matches.

Online still sucks for me unless your in a room it takes about 10 mins. To find a match

I just talked to Ed Boon personally here in Las Vegas about LAG. Picture for Proof.

I just got back home from PDP Mortal Kombat Tournament here in Las Vegas. Ed Boon was there with one of the programmers and art designers and one of the producers. I asked Ed Boon if the lag is going to be fixed, he told me they are currently working on a patch for the lag issues and he is fully aware of that. Hes very nice and humble guy. I was also told that they have many many concept alternate costumes in the works. Here is a picture of me and my fellow TRMK members KNEARSPO and GQVIKESFAN. I am on the far left. Picture was taken courtesy of RIP who is one of the top Tekken 6 Players in U.S.A and came in 2nd place at last years EVO.

PDP.jpg

Marlon.jpg

GQVIKESFAN

Last edited: