Who is your ONE main character ?

Mileena is my main but Kenshi , Kabal , Kung Lao and Ermac come in close second. I also play around with Subzero ( trying to get Brady's stuff down) but normally I stick to my top three.

Kung Lao has kind of been my main sine MK2. something about that cool hat. So I always have a lking to him and get right into it.

I've always been a fan of guys like Sub Zero, Johnny Cage, Raiden and Scorpion though. I think i like all of the Mk1 cast. Because they are the originals and yoou kind of stick by them the most.

Cyrax, i picked up Cyrax when no one was using him online but a couple of people i worked in the lab with him for days and went online and was tearing people up. Shortly after everyone was using him using the same techniques, so i dropped him for awhile and picked up more characters i went back to Cyrax and he has evolved those old tricks do not work on anybody because everyone has seen them and mastered how to stay out of them.

Now i am into Shang Tsung zoning and Kabal but I have not got the rush cancel down yet still working on it.

Reptile is great the rush with him works great in tricking people a lot of people say I use it to much but it works.

I love Kung Lao but its hard to use him online because every time you win you get hate mail and you have to accept their match and beat them with everyone else which gets annoying.

Sektors fun but i have not worked with him enough yet.

I have worked with every character except Kano and those are my favorites.

Personally I would say go with your gut instinct of who you feel like you can win with.
All are good candidates

Scorpion my friend!! Because he is a legend.. I love his story, his moves and his design. If you want to find !!!cheap!!! character, try to look Mokap, Cobra etc... If you think about Scorpion is Cheap.. I just laugh.. Mortal Kombat sells over 3 millions because of the story of Scorpion & Sub-Zero. They are not cheap my friends, sorry..