Transforming D-Pad Discussion

R3LAPZE

If you are using it for MK9 tell us what your experiences is with it if it's a suitable controller or not and how does it compare to the original controller and the TE sticks/Fight Pad.

I have it, havent used a normal controller or fightstick yet, but it still doesnt register some commands, seems to be off, very frustrating at times. But other times it works great, so........

I have it and I personally find it worse than the standard controllers. It's a shame as I bought it in December specifically for MK. Also, it seems to work even poorer when it's actually twisted out from it's standard position. Just my experience with it.

If I may suggest for anyone looking for a great dpad for MK, give this controller a thought, I love it so far: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LT9PXQ

I also have the controller. I much prefer it to the normal controllers for sure. I've never used a fight stick but I may invest in one soon.
Anyway, i think the controller works fine. I can do anything I need to do. I can see how some of the inputs are a bit difficult with any xbox dpad, but I can only imagine doing the inputs with a stick.

tl;dr- Better than regular dpad (can switch back if needed as well), probably not as good as a stick.

It's funny how things work sometimes... I buy all of my shooters on 360 cause the controller is absolutely the best. But when it came time for MK it was PS3 no questions asked. I don't care if 360 got 5 exclusive characters, the PS pad is awesome for MK. I bought UMK3 for the 360 the day it went live on the arcade... I learned that day that the 360 d-pad no worky for fighters.

Good luck guys. I've heard many people recommend the one linked above so that's probably a good buy.

Kotaku reviewed it recently:
http://kotaku.com/#!5793875/just-how-good-is-the-razer-onza-tournament-edition-quite-good/gallery/1

From the review:

The d-pad on the original Xbox 360 controller isn't so hot - it's the controller feet of clay. Instead of a single piece of plastic, the Razer Onza has four individual buttons for the d-pad. While you probably won't want to use this in a fighting game, it is a significant step up for the d-pad on the Xbox 360 platform and a more than welcome addition.

Honestly I bought this control only for MK and so far so good no major complaints. But things could change down the line I'm a picky person when it comes to controls that's why I'm kinda regreting getting it on 360