Cyrax 50% Midscreen Combo VID

Thanks man.

It doesn't seem like people are interested in combo videos, or at least not unless it's scorpion...

Any combo that lands 40% plus with one Enhanced move is a good one in my books.

People(or just me) aren't interested in combo videos at the moment because a lot of the videos I've seen requires an X-ray or being in the corner, which is not a common situation that's gonna come up during a competitive match, I'd rather a combo that I can pull off anywhere at any time, most of my combos right now do 30-35 percent damage on human opponents, that's pretty good in this game to me

These kind of combos are near impossible to land against an opponent online unless the player you are playing doesn't have a clue on how to play the game. So thats why people ain't interested in videos showing combos done in practice mode.

You guys have no idea what youre talking about. Jump punch is the easiest setup in the game. This combo is very well possible online and in tournament play.

X-ray is guaranteed at the second round.

These kind of combos are near impossible to land against an opponent online unless the player you are playing doesn't have a clue on how to play the game. So thats why people ain't interested in videos showing combos done in practice mode.

Totally disagree. The way the combo starts is very basic, very straight forward, and very easy to land. The only thing that makes this, or any other, combo less attractive is the fact that it has X-ray. Alot of us right now are figuring shit out without X-ray because we like not having to rely on them, but if we need to we would definitely resort to something like that. Awesome combo overall.

Totally disagree. The way the combo starts is very basic, very straight forward, and very easy to land. The only thing that makes this, or any other, combo less attractive is the fact that it has X-ray. Alot of us right now are figuring shit out without X-ray because we like not having to rely on them, but if we need to we would definitely resort to something like that. Awesome combo overall.

Agreed. Its a great combo and an easy setup. x-ray is guaranteed at the second round if no bars are used on the first round. A 50% combo at the second round is a great way to seal the deal.

You seriously think jumping toward a player online like that going to go unpunished lol. One thing i can say is that no one is getting me with that combo for sure.

You seriously think jumping toward a player online like that going to go unpunished lol. One thing i can say is that no one is getting me with that combo for sure.

Guessing this is your first fighting game. EVERY MOVE is punishable. Its learning how to set it up that makes a difference. You're telling me that your just going to sit at a corner and not move and anticipate the opponents every move before you make yours?

There are setups that use Safe jump ins, mixups, resets that can easily start up that same combo.

Last edited:
Guessing this is your first fighting game. EVERY MOVE is punishable. Its learning how to set it up that makes a difference. You're telling me that your just going to sit at a corner and not move and anticipate the opponents every move before you make yours?

There are setups that use Safe jump ins, mixups, resets that can easily start up that same combo.

Gave you hand there with the quote

If you read my post again you will see that am trying to say it want be easy to start of a combo by jumping straight at your opponent.

If you read my post again you will see that am trying to say it want be easy to start of a combo by jumping straight at your opponent.

-Block high is open to low attacks and sweeps
-Block low is open to over head attacks and jump punch

You have a 50-50 chance off the bat, you cant do one or the other. You block high and the recovery frames from that to start frames of an uppercut takes very long which will have the other guy in a safe jump in position and leaving you open for a counter.

Same goes for blocking low. You're telling me that in order to become competitive that NO ONE will have to jump-attack because its 100% punishable? Wrong, theres safe ways to do it.

For the record, Jump-Punch is A LOT safer than Jump-Kick. Dont get the two confused.

Last edited:

Thats a very ignorant thing to say about something as vital as a jump punch or crossover punch, the video is showing you the potential full damage of cyrax, the opponent moving around will not effect that what so ever, so the opponent moving is completely irrelevant.

Are you telling me that you never have thrown a careless projectile at an opponent who has jumped over you and landed a jump punch? (Please answer that question) Because i refuse to believe that.

I dont think you realise how dangerous a jump punch or cross over punch is.

Lets take cyrax for exmaple, since this conversation started with this video and use his Command grab (Cyberbeat down), if your jump punch is blocked you can instantly get frame advantage on his grab, the only way to avoid it is to duck down after blocking the jump punch and not block, but that would be the most idiotic idea of defence, and if it isnt blocked then your going to eat his combo for a potential 40% or the X-Ray 50%, and it if is blocked you can string his 1 2 1 into reverse kick, which is 100% safe, not taking into account that the Ragdolls move instead of reverse kick will break the standing block and land 15% not including 6% chip damage, and it is also 100% safe.

The jump punch or crossover punch is going to be one of the most used options in the game. So start getting your combos down from it, and start thinking of anti jump tactics, because im sorry, but you ABSOLUTELY WILL be caught by a jump punch, blocked or not, you will have to defend against it either way.

Lets simplify this.

At one point you will have one of your advances jumped over, and you will have to defend a string afterwards or eat the combo after the jump punch if it connects.

I also read earlier that people might not like certain combos because of the fact that the X-Ray is involved. I also have other videos on my youtube page that shows cyrax having a 40% combo with only one enhanced move used. Jump Punch, 1 2 net, Jump punch, Back 2, 3 3 sticky bomb, forward 2, ragdoll.

Without any meter, Jump punch, 1 2 net, jump punch, back 2, 1 2 1 ragdoll = 37%

And if you catch them in open space without a jump punch, it will always be 1 2 net or 3 3 net, but the smart thing to do is to use his command grab and then press with a 1 2 1 ragdoll, and press for more chip damage or hunt for your combo opener or if they eat the combo with 1 2 1 long bomb.

If you land the jump punch then go for high damage combo, and you land open space then keep chipping away and building your meter.

Last edited:
-Block high is open to low attacks and sweeps
-Block low is open to over head attacks and jump punch

You have a 50-50 chance off the bat, you cant do one or the other. You block high and the recovery frames from that to start frames of an uppercut takes very long which will have the other guy in a safe jump in position and leaving you open for a counter.

Same goes for blocking low. You're telling me that in order to become competitive that NO ONE will have to jump-attack because its 100% punishable? Wrong, theres safe ways to do it.

For the record, Jump-Punch is A LOT safer than Jump-Kick. Dont get the two confused.

Bang on man.