possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee

I don't think that would be a problem. There are lots of other fighters out there having more characters than Mk9 and are doing just fine.

Right, but graphically MK9 is the top of the heap. Just look at the effects work alone. Almost every character has a unique particle effect system attributed to their abilities. Not to mention the backgrounds, and all the assets for story-mode.

I'm not saying they couldn't add a few. They might do just that with another iteration of MK9. But Blu-Ray discs aren't magic. You can't just add an infinite amount of characters, and MK9 has a lot more personality and individuality between characters than something like Tekken, and all that personality takes up disc space.

@Armageddon Of course each game should have new/different characters. I think that was the point I was trying to make.

for a grain of salt people do seem to get out a bit of whack here. Most of you seem to take this to heart lol.

I will follow suit lol.

-MK10 will be announced at next years (2012) E3. Probably released around Christmas that year.

Very obvious. I'll have no complaints about this the way they ended story mode kind of left me wanting more a a new chapter ASAP would do me good. Hopefully by this time Australia wont be such a stingy/crappy country. If they do may i suggest putting Australian politics in the next one?
I'm sure a lot of us would love to rip off Atkinson's head for starting this whole controversy in the first place.

-Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are really dead. Really.

I would like to believe Shao Kahn is dead... but Shang Tsung the way he was killed in Story Mode was kind of pathetic. I want a greater end for this character. I will agree maybe it is time for Shang to be put to rest too. He really hasn't changed since the beginning. Anyway I believe Shinnok will be the new bad guy or the one taking Kahn's spot.

-Noob and Scorpion will team up and forgive each other after finding a common enemy in Quan-Chi.

I can sort of see this happening.

-Liu Kang will become more of a grey character and less of a straight up good guy.

I'm really interested in where they go with Liu Kang now. I think they're beginning to love to play with this character now.

-Motaro will be back as a slave to Quan-Chi.

wasn't Motaro killed by Raiden i thought we were keeping most characters dead this time round. I mean if that's the case we might as well bring back Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung

-Reptile will play a major part in the story.

I could see Reptile getting more of a role.

-Rain and Tanya will be major villians.

Am i the only one who found both Rain and Tanya utterly boring.

-Edenia exists now. Kahn dying caused a lot of things to happen.

Keep the ruins there and i'm happy.

-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

Making decisions bad on fan's choice lol. If that was the case why did you kill off Kung Lao. Isn't he the most popular Kombatant of them all.

-Armageddon, Shujinko, Dragon King, etc. will be addressed and dealt with, but do not worry, they won't be prominent. The story from here on out will focus on the invasions and tournaments.

Please don't go down the road again. The stories have changed and so have the events let it be different here too. WE don't have to go down this road, remember this is what killed the franchise.

Mark my words.

and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters.

I think not playing as bosses has kind of brought back their importance. Bosses are supposed to be threats. When they made Bosses available they became watered down and lost their dominance, they just felt like another MK character after that.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

Reptiles vs Tarkatans for MK10.

Tanya as a major villain is brilliant! Liu Kang being a grey character would be interesting. He would remind me of Iori from King of Fighters.

I agree they should have the elder gods take the game back to before khans invasion, but not bring khan with them. Khan is getting old we need a new boss no doubt about that. With the elder gods doing this Edenia and Out world will be completely different leading to the cause of a new boss. No dragon king, blaze shit either.

So... hasn't Ed Boon and co. said that the new MK will only be available in the next generation of consoles? If so, this is all bullshit. I doubt they would announce the game at the next E3, since the PS4 and such would hardly be even out yet...

I agree they should have the elder gods take the game back to before khans invasion, but not bring khan with them. Khan is getting old we need a new boss no doubt about that. With the elder gods doing this Edenia and Out world will be completely different leading to the cause of a new boss. No dragon king, blaze shit either.

The Dragon King should be in MK11. As for Blaze, either MK11 or MK12. For MK10, the boss characters should be Shinnok, Moloch, and the 2 male Shokans. Maybe even Motaro. That's it.

The Dragon King will be back no doubt. I would like to see Moloch and Motaro again.

I think it is possible that the next Mortal Kombat will be on the next gen because you know they are all up on injustice's dick right now.
(Which i honestly cant wait for).

The Dragon King will be back no doubt. I would like to see Moloch and Motaro again.

I think it is possible that the next Mortal Kombat will be on the next gen because you know they are all up on injustice's dick right now.
(Which i honestly cant wait for).

Unless the story will be based on MK4-MKDA only for MK10.

Really? I hated Onaga, but maybe it was just me.
Onaga is badass

He was able to manipulate Shujinko into a life long quest from the grave, the man must possess some godlike cunning and variety of abilities

He also kept Outworld of all places under control. Shao Kahn of all people was too scared to challenge him for the throne of Outworld outright so he must have been some serious business back in his heyday

I also like him for his ties to the One Being

I don't think his portrayal in Deception was as epic as it could have been, though

Onaga is badass

He was able to manipulate Shujinko into a life long quest from the grave, the man must possess some godlike cunning and variety of abilities

He also kept Outworld of all places under control. Shao Kahn of all people was too scared to challenge him for the throne of Outworld outright so he must have been some serious business back in his heyday

I also like him for his ties to the One Being

I don't think his portrayal in Deception was as epic as it could have been, though

Onaga was a bad ass, its just the fact of him being a dragon. I do not know maybe i am a little racist towards dragons. (I love Skyrim).

I do not know about Mortal Kombat 10s release you know they are busy on injustice at the moment so it might be christmas next year.