possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee

seems possible until i read the liu kang part.... he died in story mode so how the hell can he even be a charachter in the next one? and please no grey zombie ideas please

If they get rid of kharacters... I'll be pissed. You already have them developed and made. I want the same kharacters plus more.

seems possible until i read the liu kang part.... he died in story mode so how the hell can he even be a charachter in the next one? and please no grey zombie ideas please

Because MK has never brought characters back to life en masse after a massacre. Ever. Especially not Earthrealm warriors. Nope, drawing a big old blank here. :p

Again, this has been deconfirmed by the site admin, so it's a moot point. Nothing to see here, people, move along.

Johnny Cage was dead and tadda he appeared once again in the past story. There is no dead in MK which you can't rewrite

To those who say this is all made up: that could very well be the case. Tonightisthenight never said it was absolute fact. Still, isn't it fun to speculate?

Frankly speaking, I don't think any of the original Mk3 characters should be taken out. Aside from Shao Khan, and that is simply because there would be a new boss, and Shao Khan wouldn't team up with him, nor should be be a playable good guy or anything. Also this could apply to Goro and maybe Kintaro who should have died in their tournaments. Shang is a different story.

That said, in story mode
Spoiler:
all but Cage Sony and Raiden survive from Earth, so what? Was it non cannon, or a Dallas-style dream? Or will they be resurrected by the Elder Gods. I'm hoping that the Elder Gods restore the world to how it was before Khan's invasion, and thusly all the characters are back alive aside from Kung Lao (who died in MK2) while Sub is still a cyborg (having been captured in MK2)

I think if Edenia is back, maybe Rain who is a prince, was possibly loyal to Shao Khan in the past, or just sees this as him time to become king teams up with Shinok or Quan Chi. Possibly part of the plan is this time Edenia ruled by Rain challenges Earth to Mortal Kombat, instead of Outworld (which is gone? or now ruled by Edenia). Tanya is also on his side but perhaps appears to be on Kitana's at first. That's my two cents.

Noob Saibot a team with Scorpion? Noob Saibot the root of all evil becoming good?

I hope Sindel and Ermac return, BOTH evil, and evil to stay, never becoming good.

And about Sheeva dying... I AGREE, they could have given her a Mayday (James Bond - View to A kill / Grace Jones) kind of death, becoming good and feeling bad about her behavior and making a sacrifice with her own life to save another.
Spoiler:
Why would that make Noob good? Scorpion was evil at the end of the game remember?
And Ermac was evil throughout the entire story mode and he didnt die?
Your post makes no sense.

Spoiler:
If Subzero and Smoke dont come back ill presind from this game. And SZ in his human form.

Also there is a difference between "Evil" and "Evil's server", Tsung, Kahn are evil but Ermac and Reptile are just "people" that serves their masters besides their alignment.

People will believe anything said by someone claiming to be from NRS. The other day I did this on a site and I actually had people defending me. MK fans...*Face palm* Come on now!

Until the next MK game is developed the storyline won't be developed. That's how game developement works, and even then nothing would be final even if such is the case because it all starts out as a basis of storyline not the actual ending storyline.

That said, in story mode
Spoiler:
all but Cage Sony and Raiden survive from Earth, so what? Was it non cannon, or a Dallas-style dream? Or will they be resurrected by the Elder Gods. I'm hoping that the Elder Gods restore the world to how it was before Khan's invasion, and thusly all the characters are back alive aside from Kung Lao (who died in MK2) while Sub is still a cyborg (having been captured in MK2)

I'm guessing that...
Spoiler:
the more important/popular/well-known characters will return, while others will be replaced by new (or post-MK3) character.

Why do people on this forum still use the quote-things? Really this is a SPOILER forum, if you don't like spoilers just don't visit this side of the forum.

Anyway Scorpion is FAR from being evil, Noob Saibot is pure evil, Scorpion showed emotion and isn't evil he's a victim of Quan Chi, Noob Saibot probably wants to use everybody and team up with Quan Chi again, as Quan Chi did nothing to kill him.

considering what happened in the story mode...Noob shouldn't be coming back..unless something happened. i cannot wait for the story in MK10 AND YES THE SOONER WE HEAR ABOUT THIS, THE BETTER! Reptile playing a major role makes sense considering how they was setting it up in Mortal Kombat Deception. you have to play Deception to really have an idea with this news. but it all makes sense, taking it with a grain of salt, but seems very credible indeed

popular characters have nothing to do with it. if you played the story and watched some of the characters die, then you can eliminate the popularity idea all together, it cant happen

if the new Mortal Kombat II release, itll be within the timeline of MK Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon then Mortal Kombat III should be entirely brand new.

i looked at this thread to see what people think is gonna happen in mk10. i already passed story mode and unlocked all character endings. and when i finished story mode it seemed like the next game was going to be mk4 remade. but since the timeline is different now i want to have an idea of the the next game will be like. dlc is cool and what ever but i love playing through the story modes since they put them up and i love the storylines in each mk. after beating older games with different characters i would try to peace together the canon endings and half canon endings to see what was next. and from this games story these r the facts:

Sorry i dont know how to make those spoiler thingies so if u dont wanna know dont read passed this point
Spoiler alert:
All of raidens earthrealm warriors r dead except for Johnny Cage and Sonya.

Sindel, Noob, Shang Tsung, Motaro, and Shao Kahn are dead.

Sub Zero went to hell as a cyborg under Quan Chi's control along with the other victims of the church massecre.

And at the End Shinnok and Quan Chi are saying that everything went according to their plans (except for raiden not dying).

So from these story points i can assume that:

shinnok will be a boss if not the main boss. We could possibly see The ONE BEING returning or that monster thing in hell mentioned in MK deception konquest

its possible that the soulnado noob was tossed into might have purified him turning him back into elder sub zero (and not pure evil)and then he can team up with scorpion.

The dead earthrealm warriors may possibly play a part as brotherhood of shadow warriors with some ending up purified by a reformed ermac or kenshi (since they both are included in the current game.. kenshi at least is seen fighting daegon)

The red dragon with daegon leading it might be a threat.

Outworld needs an emperor so maybe reptile, baraka, and mileena might compete for the crown (even the shokan warriors like Goro and Kintaro could be new emperor)

so everyone let me know what ur thoughts are. if that nrs "leak" is legit than maybe some of my own thoughts r confirmed but for sure i would like the roster to be

Tanya
Rain
Reptile
Mileena
Dark Kitana
Dark Jade
Dark Kabal
Havik (helping shinnok at first but then betraying him at the end helping the earthrealm warriors and then reviving shao kahn)
Smoke
Sub Zero (Elder)
Scorpion
Baraka
Cyber SubZero
Cyrax
Reiko
Kano
Jarek
Lui Kang
Quan Chi
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Raiden
motaro
Goro
A New Shokan (Hero)
A Monk (like lui kang from the 1st mk movie story wise as the hero of the game)
Lei Mei
Bo Rai Cho
King Jerrod (revived or story mode cameo)
Mavado
Kai
Fujin
A New Ninja villain
and maybe Sindel

again let me know what u think

my email is archfi3ndrising@live.com and if u wanna fight me on mk9 for ps3 my psn is archfi3ndrising