possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee

ok this should be taken with a grain of salt, but a guy syaing he has a minor role in netherealm says these are the plans for mk10:

For some reason my posts got deleted and messed up. Let me post the info I have.
Please take note that this is still a VERY early idea and might change quite a bit over the next few years.

-MK10 will be announced at next years (2012) E3. Probably released around Christmas that year.

-Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are really dead. Really.

-Noob and Scorpion will team up and forgive each other after finding a common enemy in Quan-Chi.

-Liu Kang will become more of a grey character and less of a straight up good guy.

-Motaro will be back as a slave to Quan-Chi.

-Reptile will play a major part in the story.

-Rain and Tanya will be major villians.

-Edenia exists now. Kahn dying caused a lot of things to happen.

-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

-Armageddon, Shujinko, Dragon King, etc. will be addressed and dealt with, but do not worry, they won't be prominent. The story from here on out will focus on the invasions and tournaments.

Mark my words.

he later said about edenia : "Kahn had control over it in MK9 and corrupted it, which is a fact that we really just barely touched on. I suppose I worded it wrong (give me a break, I'm tired) but Edenia is now what you expect of it, and it is in a hell of a lot of turmoil with no real royal family left."

and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

Last edited:
well it depends where you got his info as anyone could've have written this pretending to be an nr employee. also why would a nr employee risk their job by giving out info on their nxt game. i dunno

-MK10 will be announced at next years (2012) E3. Probably released around Christmas that year.

this seems alright since they have the engine and art style and evyrthing all done with this game but i still think thats a bit early unless the work their asses off. i'd rather they release it early 2013. that way they'll avoid the christmas rush and improve their game. this game was delayed from christmas last year and it was a great decision by nr and wb. even though it was delayed, the game still could do with some improvements.

-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

i guess it's goodbye nightwolf, kabal, stryker, sindel and kano,<my opinion of who will be least popular

as for the story info, i won't read those since i have yet to play story mode

well it depends where you got his info as anyone could've have written this pretending to be an nr employee. also why would a nr employee risk their job by giving out info on their nxt game. i dunno

this seems alright since they have the engine and art style and evyrthing all done with this game but i still think thats a bit early unless the work their asses off. i'd rather they release it early 2013. that way they'll avoid the christmas rush and improve their game. this game was delayed from christmas last year and it was a great decision by nr and wb. even though it was delayed, the game still could do with some improvements.

i guess it's goodbye nightwolf, kabal, stryker, sindel and kano,<my opinion of who will be least popular

as for the story info, i won't read those since i have yet to play story mode

it was posted on an anonymous site. hence why he did it. no risk of being traced. oh and he also said this

"As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

kinda seems legit but you never know.

Mk9 people, the game just came out and you guys are talking about mk10 already. lol

Good. The sooner the better.

Glad to hear Motaro is coming back. They really ****ed him over in this game.

As for the least played characters.... Eh. I guess Sheeva is gonna make that list. I wonder who else.

"As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters."

this could very well be true. i remember reading this news article from cvg where they say NR confirms they are planning kenshi and scarlet as dlc and then kintaro after that. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/295504/news/mortal-kombat-dlc-characters-revealed/

also i can see why they're are doing this to reptile given his popularity.

Not sure that's a good idea, trusting the online community, haha.

We already know it's gonna be Stryker, Sheeva, Quan Chi (who they need in the story, lol), Cyber Sub-Zero (?), and someone else.

Whether he's true or not just remember what he said, I don't blame you guys for not believe either but it's good to at least have assumption started. I love how by changing the timeline this lets them recreate the story instead of having to play with the guidelines of who won who's battle.

Not sure that's a good idea, trusting the online community, haha.

We already know it's gonna be Stryker, Sheeva, Quan Chi (who they need in the story, lol), Cyber Sub-Zero (?), and someone else.

Sheeva is a damn given. I think they purposely made her sucky just so they can move on and be done with her.

The same could be said of Baraka. Except Baraka is a good character I want to see more of.

I haven't tried Baraka yet, so I don't know. But Sheeva is like... amazingly bad. Which is sad, cause I had such high hopes for her. I guess they REALLY don't like Sheeva. Even her ending gave it away. She was rejected by the crowd and as we all know, not many fans like her. This felt like the last time we'll be seeing her...

And if that's the case, I wish they'd give her a more proper ending.

Spoiler:
Like you know, instead of killing off characters like Sub Zero and Smoke, why not kill Sheeva off? Give her some kind of glorious death scene and put her ass to rest. Sigh... NRS....

Noob Saibot a team with Scorpion? Noob Saibot the root of all evil becoming good?

I hope Sindel and Ermac return, BOTH evil, and evil to stay, never becoming good.

And about Sheeva dying... I AGREE, they could have given her a Mayday (James Bond - View to A kill / Grace Jones) kind of death, becoming good and feeling bad about her behavior and making a sacrifice with her own life to save another.

Noob Saibot a team with Scorpion? Noob Saibot the root of all evil becoming good? I hope Sindel and Ermac return, BOTH evil, and evil to stay, never becoming good. And about Sheeva dying... I AGREE, they could have given her a Mayday (James Bond - View to A kill / Grace Jones) kind of death, becoming good and feeling bad about her behavior and making a sacrifice with her own life to save another.
Ermac would be awesome either way, but Sindel staying evil is something I hope doesn't happen at all. Noob teaming up with Scorpion wouldn't make Noob good; they would be forming a temporary alliance to stop a common enemy, like how Raiden and the Deadly Alliance formed a temporary alliance to stop The Dragon King.

Playable bosses unlike many people I'm so down with that. Its great they're already thinking about the sequal. Feels like the 90s when you only had to wait a year and a half for the next game. Rain and Tanya major villians...I smell two DLC characters.

^ Mileena. She is Kahn's "true daughter", so she is the heir to his throne. They were even discussing her ruling in the story.

Rain and Tanya major villains? Sounds VERY plausible in my eyes.

yea i agree . I would rather wait for a product thats going to be GREAT then a product thats like umm ok this is the same as MK9