possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee

To be honest... I wouldn't want a WHOLE brand new game...

what's wrong with just expanding this one? Hell even "expanding" story mode on this one"

DLC Story mode --> People who care buy it, people who only want VS don't.

Obvoiusly with a Story mode DLC, the new characters will need to be DLC.

Unless we start looking at the current graphics system and think "this is ugly" I don't see a reason to make a brand new game.

ALSO i'm with Tuninator on this lol... this is total BS

I'd rather wait a bit before believing this. Or this could happen like Wentos from Sonic where he sometimes guesses right and sometimes he doesn't.

Either way, I don't think that Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung can be truly dead, I mean. Death doesn't exist in Mortal Kombat 8D

Death doesn't exist in Mortal Kombat 8D
Not the permanent kind of Death anyway.

But as for MK10, why not simply let all the dead characters stay dead. That does not mean we can't play them. Quite to the contrary: Let there be a rebellion of dead warriors' souls against Quan Chi's control. Their appearances and the arenas are constructed from the souls' memories (giving NRS every freedom in design they could possibly ask for). And the bosses are Scorpion+Quan Chi, and Shinnok. The other MK9 survivors stay out of the picture for MK10. And no, I don't think NRS will really go this route with MK10, no matter how much I wish they did.

The "leaked" story plans seem much more likely though I'm not too happy about them. Especially about Reptile - one of my personal least favorites - becoming a major character.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

Reptile will lead a bunch of Tarkatans? :D

Is everyone forgetting about this guy?

1772749-shinnok_super.jpg

I think an MK10 roster would look something like this.

Shinnok
Quan Chi
Scorpion
Motaro
Raiden
Liu Kang (Neutral/Good to Evil)
*Cyber* Sub-Zero
Reptile
Rain
Ermac
Havik
Goro/Kintaro (maybe both)
Shujinko?
Mileena
Skarlet
Kitana?
Jade?
Sindel?
Kenshi
Bo Rai Cho
Tanya
Noob Saibot (good?)
Baraka
Fujin
Blaze? (not Armageddon boss Blaze)
Johnny Cage
Li Mei?
Reiko
Kai
Smoke?
Sektor
Cyrax
Jarek (*sigh*)
Sonya (*sigh*)
Kano? (*sigh*)
Stryker? (*sigh*)
Jax? (*sigh*)
Nightwolf?
Kabal?

Not as likely:
The rest of MK9 (not mentioned above) (if there was even any1 I missed)
Onaga (DLC if not in the game)
Taven
Daegon
Chameleon
Drahmin
Moloch
Shujinko
Frost (with Cyber Sub-Zero she doesn't real serve any purpose)
Hotaru
Mavado
Everyone else I didn't name has pretty much no chance in hell of making it

DLC:
Shang Tsung (Armageddon/Deception)
Shao Khan
Onaga?

-Liu Kang will become more of a grey character and less of a straight up good guy.

-Motaro will be back as a slave to Quan-Chi.

-Reptile will play a major part in the story.

-Rain and Tanya will be major villians.

-Edenia exists now. Kahn dying caused a lot of things to happen.

all this could be cannon, im suspecting that reptile playing a big role could lead 2 the rise of onaga. & kitana is most certainly returning if edenia is being "resurrected" rain & tanya being villains is excellent. motaro is ok i guess. liu kang should be trying 2 rescue everyone from netherrealm (preferably kitana)

Noob and scorpion, now that's a deadly alliance. If kahn is really dead, they have to bring Onaga back. Shinnok is a great boss, but he doesn't have the massive intimidation factor of Shao Kahn or Onaga. Maybe they're creating a brand new villain...

Mavado was sickkkkkkkk bring him back NRS

"and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters."

Its been 4 months, where r the bosses?? Also, I'm tired of ppl leaving out kharacters for the next game. If u want to leave out kharacters in the story for MK10, thats fine, but when it comes to multiplayer, stop being foolish. Technology today allows us to do things that werent possible back then. EXPORT all kharacters and their finishing moves to MK10 to make the whole experience deeper. NO REASON to leave everything behind in the next game.

Today is all about the online play and adding more to the game to make players happy, thats why RB and GH added exporting so we dont have to keep switching disc to play everything. DO the same with MK. MK doesnt have to worry about relicensing like RB and GH did, they own rights to everything so its not an issue.

Last edited:
-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

I hope this is NOT TRUE... just because not many use him/her to fight doesn't mean that they aren't favored, don't use Scorpion but I like him, so I think that is really unfair, because Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, and Other low Tier are VERY important/loved

I hope this is NOT TRUE... just because not many use him/her to fight doesn't mean that they aren't favored, don't use Scorpion but I like him, so I think that is really unfair, because Sindel, Stryker, Sheeva, and Other low Tier are VERY important/loved

It's not bro, what if by some stretch of a miracle scorpion was least played? I sincerely doubt they'd can him because of some stupid rule. I don't believe this thread one bit.

"and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters."

Its been 4 months, where r the bosses?? Also, I'm tired of ppl leaving out kharacters for the next game. If u want to leave out kharacters in the story for MK10, thats fine, but when it comes to multiplayer, stop being foolish. Technology today allows us to do things that werent possible back then. EXPORT all kharacters and their finishing moves to MK10 to make the whole experience deeper. NO REASON to leave everything behind in the next game.

Today is all about the online play and adding more to the game to make players happy, thats why RB and GH added exporting so we dont have to keep switching disc to play everything. DO the same with MK. MK doesnt have to worry about relicensing like RB and GH did, they own rights to everything so its not an issue.

This ^^^^^^ EXPORT everything from MK9 into MK10

This exactly. Instead of just lazily scrapping characters away, NRS should take it as a challenge to develop the characters and make them better. No risk=no reward.

It wouldn't necessarily be out of laziness. You gotta have room on the disc, since each character is full of visual/audio assets.

It wouldn't necessarily be out of laziness. You gotta have room on the disc, since each character is full of visual/audio assets.
I don't think that would be a problem. There are lots of other fighters out there having more characters than Mk9 and are doing just fine.