possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee

I haven't tried Baraka yet, so I don't know. But Sheeva is like... amazingly bad. Which is sad, cause I had such high hopes for her. I guess they REALLY don't like Sheeva. Even her ending gave it away. She was rejected by the crowd and as we all know, not many fans like her. This felt like the last time we'll be seeing her...

And if that's the case, I wish they'd give her a more proper ending.

Spoiler:
Like you know, instead of killing off characters like Sub Zero and Smoke, why not kill Sheeva off? Give her some kind of glorious death scene and put her ass to rest. Sigh... NRS....

Yea i was hoping to main Sheeva becuase i loved her in MK3 . But she SUCKS in this game . *Sigh* I wouldnt mind if shes not in the next game

-Noob and Scorpion will team up and forgive each other after finding a common enemy in Quan-Chi.

Hell Yeah BTW No Word On Smoke Being Resurrected ?:(

I'm calling BS based on the "bosses as DLC" thing, it has been explicitly stated over and over that bosses will not be playable.

We have 4 more or less confirmed DLC characters already, in any case, it seems unlikely that we'll be getting 3 more on top of that.

Also calling BS on the "five least popular characters won't return" thing. No company is gong to base its storyline off of fan input like that.

What if (hypothetically, obviously) Raiden, Mileena, Quan Chi, Johnny Cage, and Sonya end up least played? They don't come back? Suuuuure.

so MK9 just came out and you're already talking about MK10?... it's people like you that everyone in Australia just wants to punch right now..

Not sure if I believe this but RAIN!!!!!!. Hopefully all the characters who's fate isn't clear (Ermac/Mileena etc.) will all make their return.

I find it interesting that bosses won't be DLC for "awhile" is 1-2 months. Does that mean DLCs are going to be released quickly? I certainly hope so

This sounds really, really good. I hope this is legit and I am convinced it is. Boon had sais in the past he wanted to do a game every year, it might be realistic with WB's backing. I'm not sure it's a good idea, but he has mentioned interest in doing so. My bet is this is Boon testing the waters to see what people do/don't like, if it's comming out next year they're working on it now.

supposing this is true..

a) I absolutely hate the fact Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung die (so I guess they won't be returning as characters at all? no playable Shang Tsung?)
b) about Reptile I like his pawn role but I'd want him to show more that he is selfish and cares about Zaterra rather than being FULLY a pawn. so I'd like him to have a bigger role but idk if he can make it major really
c) I like the Edenia existing thing
d) I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Rain being a major villain, idc at all about tanya :p
e) I hope they can make a good boss if Shao Kahn's going to be replaced for good. if it's some dumb shit like onaga then no thanks, Shao Kahn has been the perfect boss imo, intimidating, looking brutal and soulless, he had the whole package

and now a question, there have been spoilers for death of characters but I don't remember all of them. can someone post all the characters that die in a spoiler tag or soemthing? I do remember a couple that I do like, what will happen with those? did that person say that the ONLY ones who will stay dead are Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung? ALL of the rest that supposedly die this time around will be making a return?

c) I like the Edenia existing thing
d) I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Rain being a major villain, idc at all about tanya :p
e) I hope they can make a good boss if Shao Kahn's going to be replaced for good. if it's some dumb shit like onaga then no thanks, Shao Kahn has been the perfect boss imo, intimidating, looking brutal and soulless, he had the whole package

and now a question, there have been spoilers for death of characters but I don't remember all of them. can someone post all the characters that die in a spoiler tag or soemthing? I do remember a couple that I do like, what will happen with those? did that person say that the ONLY ones who will stay dead are Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung? ALL of the rest that supposedly die this time around will be making a return?[/QUOTE]
i will pm you

10char

Lets just say this sounds like a really bad rumor, NRS isn't even planning MK10 to the extent you mention yet. MK9 is the focus still, trust me on this.

Last edited:
Lets just say this sounds like a really bad rumor, NRS isn't even planning MK10 to the extent you mention yet. MK9 is the focus still, trust me on this.

This.

Seriously, guys, a lot of these rumors are pretty preposterous. You guys seriously think they're going to cut characters from the storyline based solely on popularity with players?

What a load of crock.

well of course the game just came out but the OP said this source is one from within so.. it's all hypothetical discussion anyway, someone else made a topic of hypothetical talk of mk10. time will tell if this or that is true ;)

Oh god. I wish they would just focus on expanding this game more instead of making another one already. Most of the kharacter were garbage after MK Trilogy. They should forget MK10 for now and focus on Shaolin Monks 2 or something similar. That would be epic on next gen

Oh god. I wish they would just focus on expanding this game more instead of making another one already. Most of the kharacter were garbage after MK Trilogy. They should forget MK10 for now and focus on Shaolin Monks 2 or something similar. That would be epic on next gen

yeah on the other topic I mentioned we had similar views :p I'd rather have tons of DLC for THIS game rather than thinking the future of mk unless they keep Reiko and Frost or sth and maybe one or two more and make plenty of new and recognizable and good characters from now on to join the series. no more mokap or bo rai cho crap

yeah on the other topic I mentioned we had similar views :p I'd rather have tons of DLC for THIS game rather than thinking the future of mk unless they keep Reiko and Frost or sth and maybe one or two more and make plenty of new and recognizable and good characters from now on to join the series. no more mokap or bo rai cho crap

Exactly. This is the game everyone has been waiting a long time for. Now is the time to just keep pumping out DLC and expand it as much as possible. They already said as long as ppl are playing this game, they will continue putting out DLC and I dont expect ppl to stop playing this anytime soon..lol

I call bullsh*t. Anyone could have made that stuff up. Had it been an "Official Statement" from NRS sure I'd believe it.

Um, guys...why are we believing some random anonymous poster over the site admin?

I daresay he knows what he's talking about.