So, who is the one that "Should have won" in Raiden's visions

Liu Kang didn't go mad,
Spoiler:
if you played Armageddon you see that Raiden does in fact go insane and you have to beat him up as Taven.
Also I was surprised that JC and Sonya were the two that survived (Besides Night Wolf) Another thing is, with Quan Chi owning their souls...

Liu Kang didn't go mad,
Spoiler:
if you played Armageddon you see that Raiden does in fact go insane and you have to beat him up as Taven.
Also I was surprised that JC and Sonya were the two that survived (Besides Night Wolf) Another thing is, with Quan Chi owning their souls...

Not applicable; this isn't Armageddon Raiden and he isn't insane.

Liu Kang is certainly justified in thinking Raiden has gone nuts, but that doesn't mean he was in the right attacking Raiden. Shao Kahn would have just ripped Liu Kang in half, he was a dead man walking either way.

Nightwolf's dead, btw.

Liu Kang is certainly justified in thinking Raiden has gone nuts, but that doesn't mean he was in the right attacking Raiden. Shao Kahn would have just ripped Liu Kang in half, he was a dead man walking either way.

Nightwolf's dead, btw.

Yeah I know but still he attempted to reason and then ended up dying and sending visions to his past self.

And by Nightwolf being alive I meant survived the first attack lmao

Yeah I know but still he attempted to reason and then ended up dying and sending visions to his past self.

And by Nightwolf being alive I meant survived the first attack lmao

Oh lol gotcha.

The key salient point here in regards to Raiden is that this Raiden has not sacrificed himself, nor is he likely to (with knowledge of that future now in his possession). Raiden's suicide and subsequent return drove him off his rocker, without that problem in this timeline he should be fine.

I think the characters that are dead should remain dead for story purposes, but be playable on VS/Online.

I agree. The ressurection of every character they killed off in the original timeline got old. This time they need to stay dead...I only wish a few of my favorites weren't killed off in the process such as Kitana and Kabal including my all time favorite Sub-Zero. That REALLY pissed me off! I mean seriously they kill those three of but not Johnny Cage! WTF?

I agree. The ressurection of every character they killed off in the original timeline got old. This time they need to stay dead...I only wish a few of my favorites weren't killed off in the process such as Kitana and Kabal including my all time favorite Sub-Zero. That REALLY pissed me off! I mean seriously they kill those three of but not Johnny Cage! WTF?

I'd rather watch the original cast die and get resurrected every game than get a bunch of crappy new characters again.

I'd rather watch the original cast die and get resurrected every game than get a bunch of crappy new characters again.

I agree, but as long as they don't have this really stupid way to revive them I'm fine with it. Quan Chi owns their souls so maybe we'll see them fighting for him?

Who was supposed to win the first tournament? If Shang Tsung was supposed to win the first tournament, then Shao Kahn could merge the realms with being judged right? That is one thing that didn't make sense to me. Or was Tsung supposed to win? I dunno, but the first tournament is where I have a problem with the story's conclusion.

Who was supposed to win the first tournament? If Shang Tsung was supposed to win the first tournament, then Shao Kahn could merge the realms with being judged right? That is one thing that didn't make sense to me. Or was Tsung supposed to win? I dunno, but the first tournament is where I have a problem with the story's conclusion.

Liu Kang was, and he did.

Whàt I am REALLY curious about is Liu Kang's ultimate fate. Will the Elder Gods refuse to revive him? And if they do revive him (after Raiden tells him about him being right about how Shao Kahn had to win and merge Earthrealm and Outworld so that the Elder Gods could intervene and ultimately prevent the reality of a future Armageddon), how will Liu Kang react? Will he apologize for his behavior, be forgiven by Raiden and continue on? If this happens Liu Kang will probably want Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya and others to help him revive the fallen warriors. Will Liu Kang refuse to believe him, and still consider him an enemy, until Raiden brings the warriors under Quan Chi's control back to Earthrealm? Will Liu Kang become neutral to everything?

after i finished story mode, i thought the guy that must win was rayden lol. i thought he got it wrong and instead of anybody else winning, it was him. kinda like that old saying have faith in youself etc...

Nightwolf's dead, btw.
but Liu Kang beat shao khan in the arena, but what liu kang should have done is flame punched him in the face, then he would be dead for sure right?

Dzung is correct,
Spoiler:
Shao Kahn needed to win the tournament and invade Earth Realm in order to receive punishment from the Elder Gods. Thus the deaths of Kung Lao, Kabal, Stryker, Smoke, Jax, Sub-Zero II, Jade, Kitana, Nightwolf, and Liu Kang could have been potentially avoided. Whoa! Jeez, naming off that list makes you realize NRS really went ape$#!+ with that Shang Tsung-fused Sindel.

No, because if he one the tournament, he could legally merge the realms. The deaths could've been avoided, if they hadn't done the outworld tournament, and had just let him invade.

So basically, the Forces of Light have to let Shao Kahn merge the realms without winning Mortal Kombat so the Elder Gods can punish him for breaking the rules.

Yeah, pretty much.
No doubt all the dead characters will come back to life, in some dramatic magical twist in the next installment. With more hot chicks with big breasts, time travelling-assassin-ninjas, evil magicians, etc, etc, etc.