Just had my first RAGE quit in MK9

Sleepy59

ugh...let the scorpion madness begin....****er kept doing the same moves over and over....i'll give it to him, he was quick but when all your doing is the same 3 movies basically and xray it pisses one off

Frankly, I can sympathize for the most part, but not with scorpion. Scorpion is pretty easy to block- I know, since I only play as him. I'd suggest just low blocking and perhaps swiping when you get the chance. Also, if your character can teleport, just spam that a few times to lose him. Personally, when I play, I usually just flameport, triple punch, chain, grab, demon fire- rinse and repeat. But only because most people don't know to block me half the time.

ya i had a scorp guy crouching block and if i got close uppercut. it was bs. he would uppercut and time his spear perfect and then do a 3 hit combo and repeat.

The chain spear is the only thing that is broken about Scorpion. You just have to block it as best you can and, if he gets you, use a breaker or something.

I don't rage quit, I cause Rage quitters... w/ Ermac haha. Scorp's not too hard, if he's just crouching waiting for the upper, if u have a teleporting character, jump like ur jumping in then teleport and commence combo. Just block the spear. Also, go into practice and find an attack that is an overhead or medium, that'll hit a crouching opponent, blocking or otherwise :) then when he's knocked down by teh medium, get in close, block his wake up uppercut and commence the beat down. He'll probably then freak out cuz the newb tactic is all he knows

EDIT: Also, watch for the hellfire, it's very annoying. If he spams spear you can block cancel which helps you get in (to anybody zoning far really) just F-F-BL, F-F-BL, eventually you'll get close enough to make him try something desperate (probably a teleport) in which you continue your block to make him pop up, or duck+uppercut him :)

Frankly, I can sympathize for the most part, but not with scorpion. Scorpion is pretty easy to block- I know, since I only play as him. I'd suggest just low blocking and perhaps swiping when you get the chance. Also, if your character can teleport, just spam that a few times to lose him. Personally, when I play, I usually just flameport, triple punch, chain, grab, demon fire- rinse and repeat. But only because most people don't know to block me half the time.

If they are smart enough to throw in hellfire that block low tactic isnt going to work very well.

If he's doing the same things over and over and you get beat, you're really bad. If you know he's going to spear or teleport, then block. If he keeps using hellfire, then jump. Simple.

I try to play fair at first but if I encounter a serious spammer all bets are off. I hit him with a taste of his own medicine until he rage quits, changes his strategy or I beat him

ugh...let the scorpion madness begin....****er kept doing the same moves over and over....i'll give it to him, he was quick but when all your doing is the same 3 movies basically and xray it pisses one off

I used to be a Scorpion fanboy, and I technically still am. But he was such a major douche/moron in the storyline for this game and yes, the computer always uses the same shit with him, that I've switched sides.

Adding lag in there sure doesent help. And immortal. I never said I was some godly player. Yea I can hold my own. My record is 27-19. Is that great? No.

Even good players sometimes get beat by spammers who do hell fire, spear, teleport and other ass hole shit repeatedly

The key to the game is Block, if you learn their combos and you see one coming use your block and it'll leave them dead in their tracks, and then play your game with your combos.

Just take a character that has a TP like Raiden or Cyrax even Smoke. You'll be able to teleport right next to him before he even knows it.

I love people who spam Scorpion becuase thats when I use Noob Saibot on them lol they dont stand a chance!

Noob vs Scorpion isn't even fair. With the way that Scorpion air-rolls if his flameport is blocked, and the fact that Noob can use an infinite combo if he gets you against a wall, if you're playing as Scorp you really don't stand a chance against a good player. I consider myself a decent enough MK player, and with Scorpion as my chosen character, even I dislike going up against Noob.

seriously sometimes im thinking hey guys lets spam everyone who plays with scorpion. guys be honest i have over a 120 online ranked fights now, and 99% of the people who play with scorpion against me are blocking the whole time and do the hellfire when you block, and when you move they throw their spear and do a cheap fatality they learned with the demo and dont know anything else from the game. im serious it pisses me off every time i want to spam and punish everyone who selects scorpion online just to punish them and let them see it anoying. i know there will be normal players with scorpion, but 99% of them choose scorpion because they practised a cheap fatality with the demo and dont know anything else.

i have over a 120 online ranked fights now
Ok how in the world... Your so lucky... I like can only get 2-5 fights in ranked so far it's pretty much dead (PSN anyways) as like 98% of the people use chat rooms to do matches in.
-----

I've had about um 5 people that RQ'd on me. Even one that I just met while streaming yesterday. He got confident after having 8 winstreak in ranked and when he faced me the 2nd time he RQ'd and admitted on the stream chat as well LOL. I LOL'd when he whined about me doing a mileena combo 4 times while he spammed specials the whole match. So it's jus basics... Block & Punish~

Yep I did my first online match since having the game since launch and completly owned with Meelina it was awesome. The guy wanted a rematch and one I used my x-ray...the 1st and only one out of the best of three during the second round...he RQ'd. I felt so good about it it was amazing...Oh I'm so happy I left MVC3 for MK9...

Lag + Teleport punch spam, I'm surprised I have no rage quit yet. I even sent as message to a guy who used Smoke instead, congratulating him for using someone other than Scorpion XD