Kratos (107/---)
Sheeva (105/100)
Quan Chi (103.5/98.5)
Cyber-Sub Zero (101/96)

What they did was this:

-Assume players of equal skill
-Each character fought each character 10 times
-Players aren't scored against themselves
-10 fights X 27 matchups (28 characters-your own character=27 matchups)=Score out of 270
-The average number of wins is the number that listed (i.e. Ermac, on average, won against Baraka 7 times)
-Scores of 4-6 indicate no significant difference in the number of wins (aka no strong advantages/disadvantages in the matchup)
-Score of less than 4 indicates a significant disadvantage for the character in that matchup
-Score of more than 6 indicates a significant advantage for the character in that matchup

Example:
Ermac, against Baraka, has a score of 7. So, when fighting Baraka, Ermac has a significant advantage, and Baraka, against Ermac, has a score of 3 (won 3/10 against Ermac), is at a natural disadvantage when he fights Ermac.

Note: Total of 101-115 have most natural disadvantages, total of 148-165 have most natural advantages.

Anybody else laugh at how this emoticon 8) showed up in the OP when eight+close parenthesis was typed?

I don't think this list was especially accurate when it was printed, and it will be even less accurate after the patch.

Guise, does anyone know the players who were used for this?? I mean a lot can change as everyone's learning curve gets up near the peak of their performance. Was Justin Wong involved with this for Prima? I love Cyber Subzero like a fat kid loves cake and I refuse to believe he is rock bottom in the tier list....

I know well this list .... but, in pratical realistic way, Quan Chi and CSZ have a higher tier position, and, Shang Tsung no way is this "untouchable God" put in the list ......

** Cyrax low tier ? oh my, this is a joke, crap !! XD **

Guise, does anyone know the players who were used for this?? I mean a lot can change as everyone's learning curve gets up near the peak of their performance. Was Justin Wong involved with this for Prima? I love Cyber Subzero like a fat kid loves cake and I refuse to believe he is rock bottom in the tier list....
Don't worry. Cyber Sub is not shit tier. He's far from it actually. Very good and underrated character.

This tier list is complete shite. For one thing, you can't make a tier list in a guide for a game that wasn't even released when they made it. For another, if you do, nobody is going to know how to play the new characters (hence Cyber Sub Zero's low ranking). And third, even if it was accurate, the patch (and other upcoming ones) will throw it off anyway. Should at least wait half a year before you can make tier lists.

The whole prima guidebook for MK9 is rubbish anyway. Check this video out for a good explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ40YT4c5Ik

So yeah, don't believe anything about this tier list.

Old list is old. Id rather see tier lists a bit more analytical. Taking things into account such as frame data. Damage. The value of certain strengths in the game and which are quantively better to have like if zoning was > rush etc. The chars mixup strengths and things like that. Then compile it all in some way.

apparently prima hasn't seen my kratos or O.G's kitana but this is old as stated before so shit change's.

Even if the game hasn't changed since then, who would seriously listen to anything else Prima has to say about MK? My reprints still have some typos lol.

This my opinion so don't hate so silence
1.sheeva/goro(since he's technically playable)
2.mileena/kitana/jade/skarlet
3.Sonya/sindel
4.noob
5.Shang tsung quan chi
6.raiden/kunglao/liu kang
7.Johnny cage/jax
8.cyber subzero/sektor/cyrax/sub zero(regular)
9.kenshi/reptile/ermac/scorpion/smoke/Stryker
10.kabal/baraka/kratos/nightwolf
11.Kano(he's to slow he's weak and it's very difficult to pull off combos with him)
Any complaints about this. this is only my opinion give reasons on why you don't agree with this

Last edited: