Official Patch Discussion

Re: mk9 patch?? When is it coming

Wow, so the ps3 users who don't pay for their online are having a smooth experience. I'd say that's bs, but you guys deserve it especially after the whole network crashed. Us XBL users are experiencing some of the worst delay I've ever seen in a video game to date, I just hope the patch makes it playable. It just seems so retarded that a company like WB can't produce a playable online and btw, I played KOTH once when the game came out. Haven't done it since, it was by far the worst s*** I've ever seen in my entire life. I literally LOL'd out loud and turned my xbox off.

It's also bs when they promised an online experience with little or no lag, everybody destroys me on that game with the cheesiest bs ever. They repeat 3 piece combos and even if they're blocked, it's safe because the lag/delay makes everything un-punishable. I just pray for a decent patch, I could care less about Skarlett. I just want some MK3 skins for Kabal, Stryker, and like to see Cyber Smoke and Rain make their debut.

Better be a good patch, I swear.

Wow, so the ps3 users who don't pay for their online are having a smooth experience.

I use Ps3 and would in no way describe online play as a smooth experience. First you will wait 5-30 minutes trying to get a match, and most of the time the "game session will no longer be available" or the game will desynchronize. On the rare occasion that you do get a game, I'd say about 70% of them are horribly lagged, 20% are somewhat lagged, and 10% are "lag free". Sometimes the lag is steady throughout, and sometimes the lag spikes and ebs.

I have a fantastic wired connection with a Nat 1 status hooked directly from my Ps3 and my cablemodem, it is not a link problem.

I'm not sure they can do much about it tbh. It's Gamespy and their horrible servers.

I use Ps3 and would in no way describe online play as a smooth experience. First you will wait 5-30 minutes trying to get a match, and most of the time the "game session will no longer be available" or the game will desynchronize. On the rare occasion that you do get a game, I'd say about 70% of them are horribly lagged, 20% are somewhat lagged, and 10% are "lag free". Sometimes the lag is steady throughout, and sometimes the lag spikes and ebs.

I have a fantastic wired connection with a Nat 1 status hooked directly from my Ps3 and my cablemodem, it is not a link problem.

ya, idk. 2 or 3 ps3 users mentioned having a smoother online experience, I don't own a ps3 so idk :/

I just want a good online man, that's all I need and the game will be so much fun.

Before the patch, I never had any problems connecting or in-game.

Since the patch, I have problems connecting once in awhile. And the whole "alternate" costumes screws up the games a lot. As far as lagging, I've only lagged in 2 or 3 matches out of like 60. Nothing to worry about.

Ever since I bought the game, it happened only twice to me that the game was desynchronized, and about 5-10% of my matches are moderately laggy, all others are smooth. And I've played about 600 matches.

Patch 1.02 has made Online much more smooth compared to before, the draw back is some games become unavailable or de-synchronize 75% more often than v 1.01.

You aren't missing out on much the Online is still non functional really, if it isn't one thing it's another. I really hope the masses don't go and feed WB with more loot by buying Skarlet when half their game is still broken.
people will buy the dlc regardless of if they EVER fix the online. thats just the way people are. i completely agree with you though.

Just a quick question about the latest patch/update

The patch has been out for quite some time now, at least in the US...
I am wondering when we can expect it to arrive to the EU servers?
I'm honestly getting tired of Kano's upball... :zzz:

Re: Just a quick question about the latest patch/update

The patch has been out for quite some time now, at least in the US...
I am wondering when we can expect it to arrive to the EU servers?
No one knows
I'm honestly getting tired of Kano's upball... :zzz:
The patch and hotfix doesn't fix upball spam especially online, you'd have trouble punishing it with even raiden's superman, quite the joke.

Well Xbox users just got an update this morning I just did anyway :D

Well Xbox users just got an update this morning I just did anyway :D

really ? i hope it makes lag better. maybe its just a pre-patch thing for skarlett and the robo-costumes.

EDIT: i just installed the update. noticed it now makes a sound when u find a player in player matches. and the first match i joined i got desynchronized right after the loading screen. so i'm presuming this is the same patch the ps3 users had.

also i seem to find player matches much faster now. every time i use classic outfits in 1v1 i get desynchronized (tag seems to work fine with classic outfits)

and my console just froze after my fourth match or so but cant say if its patch related or not. happened at the end of the match while my opponent was giving me th finishing blow.

lag seems to be much better too.

It also seems to show accurate connections much faster in lobbies.

Last edited:
The online Ranking match is Central Europe sux bad...i need to wait from a 2-5 min in order to play a match.
In such a games by mighty WB such shitty Ranking System, i need to wait life time and in the end i play some noobie with laggs.
So far in fighting games the SSF4's Ranking system is best. You have the option of choosing oponent lvl that is one of the greatest things...and on top of that the Leader Boards system works on points not fukcken win ratio!

Even if the newest patch fixes the wait time for per the challenges will still be the same. Honestly i prefer to go into a room and find fighters with good wining ratio - then at least i know with a coming match i may learn something from someone...

played about 6 matches in ranked... pretty good - doesn't take long at all to get a match... but KOTH is still messing up with people dropping out or not connecting me to the room...

I'm going to keep on trying some more matches online then head back to training...

thanks NRS for ruining the online experience, I can't connect AT ALL to ANYONE, KOTH is ****ing ******** lagg, and ive gotten 15 out of 15 games desynching....*throws Mortal Kombat in the trash*