Official Patch Discussion

Re: Compatablity Patch bug. (Xbox Version)

this is a major problem for nr as i just tried it out and unfortunately for them it works. they will lose thousands from this unless they can patch this now or later which they should be able to. if anyone can contact a NR employee on twitter or on the forums and inform them about this just in case they don't know, that would be great. unfortunalty someone will most likely be fired at microsoft or nr but thats the price to pay when you make a mistake like this.

First time I've heard anything like this but I like the idea!

As long as no one tells NRS about the bug then we should be alright ... shhhhhh ;)

I remember hearing since you guys didn't get an exclusive, you get Skarlet for free. Maybe this is NRS' gift to you guys.

I remember hearing since you guys didn't get an exclusive, you get Skarlet for free. Maybe this is NRS' gift to you guys.

Nope, Skarlet is still up on the market place for 400 MS points. This is most definitely a glitch in the compatibility pack.

I remember that discussion. It turned out to be just a "wish list" from a Russian forum. I don't think we're supposed to be getting her for free. That would be a bit crazy with the way she's been promoted.. I just finished downloading her. 86mb.. Hope they're all that low since I'm running low of disk space. =P

EDIT: I didn't mean the compatibility pack. I downloaded her after buying the season pass.

Last edited:

Well lucky you guys! Though I hope you still end up buying her.

I'm kind of tempted to go switch on my Xbox and give her a go, I don't want them to take her away from me once I started using her though.

Such hard choices in this life of mine ... :\

just tried using her online and she is NOT available so this is most likely unintenional from NR and a patch will most likely be released soon to prevent people from using her offline as well.

that was in koth btw and i just played a player match and she appeared on the character select screen and it did allow me to select. NR have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

you guys read the news page?

Skarlet Compatibility Pack

Free / 0 Microsoft Points
Contains Klassic MK3 skins for Cyrax and Sektor
Allows you to play against opponents online who purchased Skarlet
You will NOT be able to play as Skarlet online or in arcade mode

you guys read the news page?

Skarlet Compatibility Pack

Free / 0 Microsoft Points
Contains Klassic MK3 skins for Cyrax and Sektor
Allows you to play against opponents online who purchased Skarlet
You will NOT be able to play as Skarlet online or in arcade mode

False statement currently. The compatibility pack currently gives you everything except the alternate costume as far as I can tell. Also I see no Nekropolis place for her currently. And the second fatality is done with forward, back, down, down B.

Edit: And you can use her online as long as they have the compatibility pack already.

she's not in nekropolis...i just beat ladder with her got nothing...

Maybe NRS made her available intentionally, that way people will use her to try her out. Maybe, someone who wasn't going to buy any DLC, plays as Skarlett and ends up buying the DLC.

Well played NRS, I have now purchased the season pass :p

qyestion is for how long? also nr never officially announced they were going to do this and when downloading the compatibilty pack, it does not say that you can trial out skarlet when dowloading it. i doubt this is intentional as the compatibilty pack offers skarlett but without her alt and nekropolis model and i'm not sure about arcade ending so why would NR price skarlet at 400mp with her alt, arcade ending and nekropolis model. i just hope they can fix this soon somehow because right now as i right this, thousands of pounds are going down the drain for them.

I haven't "purchased" her, but she's a cool kharacter. Interested in seeing what is available, since I got her with the compatibility pack.

Hmmm.... I plan on buying her when I come back from work anyway....

I suppose no harm will come to me if I try her out before I go to work, right?