Trolling against special move spammers (^_~)

Immortal Reaver

Does anyone else do this? It's SO MUCH FUN! It seems like 80% of people who play MK games online always spam special attacks instead of trying to do combos and stuff.

Last night there was this guy in KOTH that was just spamming special attacks with Sub-Zero so once it was my turn I picked Stryker. All I did the whole match was spam his handgun and grenades, and made the guy rage so hard. After that match I just used Cyrax and Sub-Zero and played legit completely owning everyone for a decent amount of time. Rating them a 0 is also fun.

Another possibility is if they are spamming projectiles go Nightwolf/Jade and spam the reflector. Sounds like fun, even though I don't have the game yet.

I agree that it is lame to do the same move over and over again but, IMO spamming just doesn't refer to doing special moves. The same can be said to people that just do combos over and over again. I feel like if you are really a good player you can overcome any type of fighter. The game is pretty balanced in my opinion. Sure you will lose to some skillless people a couple times if they maybe catch you slipping but, in the end you will learn how to overcome different tactics. The same can be said for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I proved this myself with practice.

Oh and Immortal what is your PSN network user name? I want to spam you. LOL. Naw just playing. Mine is WraithofRuckus.

Yeah that could work too. Or better yet, play as Kratos. He can send projectiles back at people.

I agree that it is lame to do the same move over and over again but, IMO spamming just doesn't refer to doing special moves. The same can be said to people that just do combos over and over again. I feel like if you are really a good player you can overcome any type of fighter. The game is pretty balanced in my opinion. Sure you will lose to some skillless people a couple times if they maybe catch you slipping but, in the end you will learn how to overcome different tactics. The same can be said for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I proved this myself with practice.

Special move spammers = people who completely rely on their special moves to fight. They can NEVER get any hits in without setting the other player up with a special move first. Such as most Scorpion players. They spear or teleport, then button mash combo or uppercut. Rinse and repeat.

They generally will lose anyway because people the try to spam special moves (and by spam I mean... do them all the time, I *do* believe it's different then zoning) are not very good in the first place and you would have won no matter if you trolled or not. :p

This fact is what will separate amateurs noobs, from smart and skilled players, once everyone have the game and online competition gets pumped up, ..... noobs will be always noobs, spamming moves and trying to be annoying ..... but will be easy prey to people who, actually, want to learn the game and use well the combo system.

I like to stay out of Ranked matches and King of the Hill.

They are abundant in the spam because there is something to gain from it.

I'd much rather have a nice and competetive match though instead of punishing someone who throws scorpion's spear over and over...

I'm embarrassed to say my Raiden was destroyed last night by the worst Scorpion player ever. He just sat on his side of the screen in crouch block. He would wait for me to do ANY TYPE OF MOVE, block, and then uppercut. If I sent a projective he would block then spear.

It was especially frustrating because I had just come from a very fastpaced match so I was expecting to get going quick, not have to figure out how to break this guys stupid gimmick. Also, I really wasn't sure how to utilize Raiden as well to beat this. I could think of a few karacters that would have had tools to win this but I felt Raiden didn't really have moves to get the guy out of crouch. At least I didn't have any. Pissed me off so much.

I'm embarrassed to say my Raiden was destroyed last night by the worst Scorpion player ever. He just sat on his side of the screen in crouch block. He would wait for me to do ANY TYPE OF MOVE, block, and then uppercut. If I sent a projective he would block then spear.

It was especially frustrating because I had just come from a very fastpaced match so I was expecting to get going quick, not have to figure out how to break this guys stupid gimmick. Also, I really wasn't sure how to utilize Raiden as well to beat this. I could think of a few karacters that would have had tools to win this but I felt Raiden didn't really have moves to get the guy out of crouch. At least I didn't have any. Pissed me off so much.

Well in that situation I'd do what I call "Doing the Frog" haha. Just take a hop or dash forward, then instantly crouch and block. When it seems safe again, do the same. With Raide you could easily teleport then crouch and block right away, or throw him.

Spam is a strategy. only people who complain about it are the scrubs who cant beat it. stop crying about it and destroy people who do it.

but if i can easily beat you buy spamming fireballs, i will until you figure out how to stop it.

Spam is a strategy. only people who complain about it are the scrubs who cant beat it. stop crying about it and destroy people who do it.

but if i can easily beat you buy spamming fireballs, i will until you figure out how to stop it.

We're not crying about it. We are saying how genuinely most people that spam are so bad that they can be beaten in humiliating ways.

Not everyone can be tournament grade players Tim.

I'm not trying to win a million dollar tournament, I'm just trying to play online without getting a spear thrown in my face every 3 seconds.

Not that it bothers me, I use Sektor ;)

Heh, special move spammers have been around since the original MK1. Scorpion always spammed spear, sub zero always spammed ice, raiden always spammed torpedo etc etc. Nothing new here. The only thing I don't really like is the Xray moves. They are so easy to pull off and the damage is insane. Thankfully you have to build it up to use it.

Last night I was using Raiden throwing a lot of special moves just because that's the way I know how to play, I never got into the combo system.

I told my girlfriend, who was watching, that I thought the guy I was playing with probably thought I was cheap.

She said, "What does that mean?" And I told her I was playing the way I know how to play, but a lot of people don't like it when you use your special moves a lot. And then she said, "Well, if it's in the game, it's fair to use. A skilled opponent will know how to counter it, not complain about it."

That's kind of how this game is built. I mean, sure, people like me may be annoying, but really good players should have no problem destroying me. And I'm not doing it to be annoying, I just fight the way I know how. I mean, I won't just stand in the corner and throw the same projectile over and over again, but I do tend to pretty much rely on the special moves and not combos.

He is absolutely right: if spamming fireballs is enough to win, that's it.

In my first online match I picked Noob and so did the other guy, all he did was spam the portal, so I spammed the shadow tackle, he raged halfway through round 2.

I faced a few guys like this, their really easy to beat.

Block, wait till they get close and do the same.
If they want to be cheap, be cheap too haha. ( I only do it to piss them off )

I always and only get spammers from players who use Noob and ... smoke. They are the toughest ones to beat imo.

I would think that NRS will patch anything like that this time around.

I should also clarify what I said before. Even though I rely on special moves most of the time, to me that is just a playing style.

If you find one move that your opponent obviously doesn't know how to counter and you do it over and over, that's just tacky. I always try to leave myself open to attack at certain points so my opponent can get a hit in.

That's because I only play this game for fun. Even though the ranking system is neat, it really encourages the win at all costs approach. I think you should never win a match against a person flawlessly. That means that you're being a jerk. If you can see your opponent isn't as skilled as you are, at least give him a chance to compete, don't just destroy him.