Freezing at title Screen (PS3)

Shang_Heihachi

Yup...somehow I knew this would happen. My PS3 has been used as nothing more than a blu ray player for the entire year I've owned it, other than playing the God of War games. Last night in the middle of challenge tower, the game froze. It was late, so I turned it off. Now, today, the game just freezes at the title screen.

Anyone else getting freezing problems? I haven't seen anyone b*tch about it so I doubt it. Somehow deep down in my heart, I knew that my PS3 would crap out when MK finally came.

after installing/reinstalling and trying to play with or without the patch, the new mortal kombat freezes, sometimes doesn't even load into the game. but other times i can play for a little bit and then it freezes. after freezing i try to restart ps3 and get into the game again but all that continuosly comes up is error code 80010514. any suggestions?

this is the only game that this happens to

after installing/reinstalling and trying to play with or without the patch, the new mortal kombat freezes, sometimes doesn't even load into the game. but other times i can play for a little bit and then it freezes. after freezing i try to restart ps3 and get into the game again but all that continuosly comes up is error code 80010514. any suggestions?

this is the only game that this happens to

Here is what I found on that error code you're getting.

"Gamerevolver.com recently ran into the the dreaded 80010514 error shortly after installing a new game they had purchased off the PlayStation Store and decided to document it. Here is what the have to say…

Since this error occurred, we obviously contacted Sony Support. We were informed that the code is not common, and a simple reset of the system, and restoral of factory settings should do the trick. Unfortunately, after the restoral, the error still occurred.

The error code is actually one of two things, a) a faulty sector on the internal hard drive, or b) a faulty installation of software/firmware, both iterations actually coincide with eachother. If the hard drive suffers a faulty sector ( a section of damaged space on the drive that data may have been written to that no longer is readable), an installation may still be processed, and even work, but the error can cause some serious side effects, such as option b. If your PS3 has installed an item incorrectly, including firmware, it is in high risk of receiving this error.

Basically, what is occuring is the corruption of game disc recognition and execution. If you will notice, in 90% of all cases, the drive will still play DVD and even Blu Ray movies with no problems. When trying to start a game however, the title, sooner or later, will receive the error.

1) Ensure that your internet connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure your signal is at least a solid 80%. If not, make the proper adjustments until it is.

2) Dust your machine regularly. Any PS3 owner will tell you that the Playstation 3 is a dust magnet. Just run a dry cloth over it every couple days, and you should be fine. This will help prevent heat issues and shorts that may occur.

3) When installing firmware and/or software, make sure you follow the instructions. Even if you have installed 6 versions prior, each one is different, and may require additional steps. Save yourself the headache and just follow them, it only takes a minute or so longer to do it right.

Lets sum it all up, the error is not hardware related and is caused due to corruption of firmware. Restoring you PS3 will not roll back the firmware, and unfortunately will not fix the issue 9 times out of 10. If you are receiving this error, contact Sony for a replacement unit. Again I hope none of my readers have to see the dreaded 80010514 error and by following Gamerevolver.com’s simple steps your bound to prolongue the life of your PS3 indefinitely."

http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2008/04/10/ps3-error-80010514-explained/

thanks Baraka_, so basically since my warranty is over by about 4 months im screwed into having to pay a stupid amount of money to send it in and have them put in a new hard drive (I'm guessing)? First the PSN and now this, thanks a lot Sony. Apparently brand loyalty doesn't mean anything.

Game Suddenly Freezing On PS3

So the game has worked perfectly since launch day, and now ever since the PSN update yesterday my MK game locks up in the main menu every time I press start. The loading icon comes up for about 10 seconds, then the whole system freezes. Any thoughts on what's wrong or how to fix this?

Re: Game Suddenly Freezing On PS3

PSN still has issues, it is still fairly new to getting back up. I had a few problems today on and off.

Zero problem from day 1 offline.

The game froze on me after I completely whiffed my fatality with Sub-Zero online. He froze the screen, it froze my PS3.

Yeah the game is freezing up during the "Looking for new content" part or whatever. It has to be PSN related.

Yeah the game is freezing up during the "Looking for new content" part or whatever. It has to be PSN related.

Even when im offline when i press start in the start menu the loading icon appears and it tooks like 10 seconds till scorpion punches sub-zero, this happened to me always, isnt that normal? [maybe it does because im one of the few that redeemed the online pass before PSN went down, so like im registered to internet it searches for new content even when im offline?] What do you think?

When you press start, the first pause is for reading your preferences on your PS3 and applying them. After the Scorpion punch, it checks online for stuff. If you didn't redeem a code, you won't get the second pause.

So, everyone gets one or both of these pauses. It's not your PS3 freezing or about to explode, it's the way MK9 works. :)

MK9 froze for the first time for me, ironically only when I was signed into PSN at that loading screen. Had to reboot the PS3 was dreading having the data corrupted....

It lags a bit at the loading for me, but it only freezes if I try to do KOTH online.

What sucks? The first thing I wanted to do online, was KOTH :(

My game froze numerous times yesterday during some KOTH matches so I couldn't do anything. I think I only won like two matches yesterday, haha. It was pretty pathetic.

it happens too me everytime i start the game when i'm signed in....so i sign out turn ps3 off then try again. it only works when i"m signed out