Sub Zero is awful in this game

He may be slower but he's more powerful, have you guys never played a fighting game before
The problem with Sub is they went a bit overboard with toning down his speed. He was always more defensive than Scorpion, but those differences were akin to Ken vs Ryu.

This would be like if Capcom made a new SF and made Ryu (a defensive character whose pace everyone was already satisfied with) even slower down nearly to Zangief's level. It just doesn't seem right for the character.

He is one of my favorite and my main character in MKvsDC but he is very, very slow in mk10 and even in the hardest difficulty he is the most easy to beat because until he come and heat you after a special move you can do breaker. They need to fix for sure the speed of sub with the first dlc/patch.

He does feel incredibly slow but I like him. As a matter of fact he is my main and most favorite character, so to each their own. You shouldn't be playing sub-zero if you don't like playing patiently and taking your time with your attacks. I like this change, there's a bigger difference between the characters than the old palette swap.

Besides, if you are able to time your attacks correctly, you can use the slide-move. It sucks when it gets blocked though...

LIES!!!!!

That's what I say to the intent of this thread. He's awesome. They only thing I hate is his lack of special moves. He pretty much has a slide and iceball. The clone and puddle they made worthless. (Ex Puddle is KIND of usefull. but is a real waste of a Ex) It kind of pisses me off when Liu Kang has a parry with teleport and Sub doesn't have either and he used to have both. (I felt like they should have put the teleport and made the ex version of ice clone the icy counter so it doesn't get abused and the enhanced could be made useful) Then just did the Cyrax/Human Cyrax thing were they are basically two different characters but are seperated by costume. It would have made more sense. I loved his teleport to parry combo in MKvsDCU I got so many people with that.

Just would have made more sense, so they didn't do it.

at first i said the same thing but after playing him more and more i started liking him he's a great charater, the only thing i think it bothers ppl is because he's a ninja, ive never heard of a slow ninja thats wwhy it makes no sense and even though he's great once u learn how to play him it still doesnt explain why it looks like he has arthritis in his vs picture lol.

The answer is in the thread already. Gotta play defense with him. He's a tank not a gun. If you want fast play scorpion or johnny cage.

In story mode, why did sub zero say "that's not me" right before Scorpion killed him? Wasn't that really the sub-zero who dies? Or was Tundra the one who really killed Scorpion's people.

In story mode, why did sub zero say "that's not me" right before Scorpion killed him? Wasn't that really the sub-zero who dies? Or was Tundra the one who really killed Scorpion's people.

I'm pretty sure that whole thing was just a fabrication by Quan Chi.

I think Sub is radical in this game, I dont understand the hate on him, if you follow through with your combos hes not slow at all, and he has the best defensive play in the game

I didn't like him in the demo because of his speed, but after playing him in the full game I think hes a great fighter and that I was just playing him wrong... and now hes one of my mains along with Jax and Jade.

Tom Brady said himself about 2 days ago that Sub Zero is number 1 top tier. Go figure.

True, and he also said subby requires a brain to play. Gotta zone them into a corner by cutting the screen in half with clone & Eclone, dash in, pressure, clone out off safe combo... recycle that and when they are in a corner its extremely tough to get out vs subby.

his basic combos are very good 7-8 hits that do near 30% (no xray), starting with y,y ice, then finish with combo of choice -> slide finish. I dont mess too much with jump punching online since the lag throws the timing off.

ive never heard of a slow ninja thats wwhy it makes no sense

Hahaha I dunno why but that made me laugh probably more than I should have.

I don't mind Subbie, I pick him every now and then and I enjoy playing him. I like how defensive he is and he can be very beastly in the right hands. His regular combos even do great damage without the need to even x-ray. Then again out of the main 2: Scorpion and Subbie, even though I loved both of them Subbie was always my favorite and I don't think that will ever change. I just like him and I think I'd put up with anything just to have him around.

Thats because sub-zero didnt kill scorpion's clan and family (neither bi-han niether kua liang), it was Quan Chi, it was revealed in MKDA or in MKD i dont remember well, and its seen too in scorpion's ending, look at it, is one of the best endings and explains you that it was all a trick of quan chi, and in Subzero's enfing you will see that the lin kuei had a part on it too.

Sub Zero is a machine, not terminator like, but he is! I like playing him, he for sure likes being played by me (i hope :p), so there is no problem with him.

The problem with Sub is they went a bit overboard with toning down his speed. He was always more defensive than Scorpion, but those differences were akin to Ken vs Ryu.

This would be like if Capcom made a new SF and made Ryu (a defensive character whose pace everyone was already satisfied with) even slower down nearly to Zangief's level. It just doesn't seem right for the character.

Except he isn't that slow and has quite a few benefits for the nerfing on speed but buffed in other areas. It's crazy how people act like he turned into Potemkin from Guilty Gear or something, now THAT's slow.

Thats because sub-zero didnt kill scorpion's clan and family (neither bi-han niether kua liang), it was Quan Chi, it was revealed in MKDA or in MKD i dont remember well, and its seen too in scorpion's ending, look at it, is one of the best endings and explains you that it was all a trick of quan chi, and in Subzero's enfing you will see that the lin kuei had a part on it too.

It was revealed in MKM people! That game is cannon! It's got a great story! Watch the cutscenes on Youtube if you don't want to trudge through it's awful gameplay at least.

It was revealed in MKM people! That game is cannon! It's got a great story! Watch the cutscenes on Youtube if you don't want to trudge through it's awful gameplay at least.

MK4 also had an ending pointing this out. Scorpion's ending as I recall.