Anyone else got a small problem with their TE stick?

DarkMario616

Maybe it's just me and I haven't touched a stick in so long, but to jump to the left, I have to be perfectly in the middle of left and up otherwise I just end up moving left.

This can get annoying, the right jump seems fine.

Hey DarkMario, I haven't tried it yet however I noticed something weird with the stick.
2cwsppj.jpg

That circle part is just a piece of plastic, isn't it supposed to be fixed to the board or something? it's kinda annoying

the plastic washer isnt supposed to be glued on the stick. I have a MadCatz TE and a HRAP VX SA and i used to have a Hori FS3 and none of them had that piece glued. im about to get mine in about an hour, ill let yo know if im experiencing anything

The stick wouldn't move if the washer was glued. OP check the deadzone of the stick. Up-Right should be the same as Up-Left.

edited and snipped

Last edited by a moderator:
Right so how can you check deadzone? Guess I have to plug it to my computer or something haha?

Anyways, going from Stick to controller feels so weird.

I have noticed this a few times, but it feels more like user error to me rather than it being a problem with the stick. That said, my biggest complaint with it is the relatively small surface area. My palms/hands dont have much room to rest, and my wrist is right on the edge of the bottom which can be kind of painful after extended use.

I have had no problems jumping and I'm pretty rusty. The plastic washer is probably to keep debris out. It'a little noisy, that's my only issue with the washer. The overal quality of the stick is impressive. It's like an arcade cabinet top.

i have never used an arcade stick before i got this TE (other than some arcade play)

no problems with mine..

im pretty certain that the washer is there so the stick can move and not get slowed down by the bottom of your sweaty palm...i have been playing using my fingers kinda...not really sure of the proper way heh.

of course, the old arcade cabinets didn't have those
Incorrect.

The plastic circle is called a dust washer. It keeps dust and dirt out of the control panel, or in this case, the fight stick.

The MK arcade machines do have them but when shipped from the factory they are underneath the control panel overlay. There are four parts to the top portion of a control panel. The wood bottom, a thin metal sheet, the graphic overlay and on top a piece of plexi. The dust washers go between the wood and the thin sheet of metal. If you look at a stock Mk cabinet you will see the dust washer in the hole made for the stick and you will see that it is not glued but does free float. Some people don't want to bother taking apart the whole panel to replace a stick so on refurbished cabs you will often see the dust washer on top, like on the TE stick.

I have not looked too much but I am not sure if the plexi on the TE fight sticks is removable. I suspect this is why they placed the dust washer on top.

I have noticed this a few times, but it feels more like user error to me rather than it being a problem with the stick. That said, my biggest complaint with it is the relatively small surface area. My palms/hands dont have much room to rest, and my wrist is right on the edge of the bottom which can be kind of painful after extended use.

I agree, the section where my right wrist rest on is a little sharp. It gets irritating after 10+ minutes. Another problem I had was a small piece of plastic left on the joystick. This is normal when molding plastic but it should be removed and smoothed out. I used a exacto knife to fix that problem. Im not sure what to do about the outer edge problem though. Any suggestions?

Um, you complaining of not enough room on the PDP TE fight stick? This is the biggest fight stick I have ever seen and is only comparable to AIAB sticks. These sticks offer more room than playing on an arcade cabinet!

To give you an example of how much extra room this stick has;
If you line up the joy stick with the joystick on a MK cabinet, the left most buttons on the stick START where the right most buttons on the cab end. They added about 4-5 inches horizontally. The rest of the fight stick has ample room.

I suggest playing with the stick holding it below or at lap level. Holding so your hands are reaching up to it, making your wrists rub, is a very uncommon way to hold a stick.

The stick is large, but the actual surface for resting your hands isnt. The buttons are pretty close to the bottom of the surface which doesn't allow room for your wrist to rest, thus it hangs over the edge and can cause some pain.

The stick is large, but the actual surface for resting your hands isnt. The buttons are pretty close to the bottom of the surface which doesn't allow room for your wrist to rest, thus it hangs over the edge and can cause some pain.

You must have hands the size of Brock Lesnar because there is ample room. You won't find a larger fight stick with room for your right hand.

Anyone having issues with the headset jack? The standard xbox headset wont work... I created a thread for this.

Anyone having issues with the headset jack? The standard xbox headset wont work... I created a thread for this.

Your headset is 2 prong and the stick is 1? If that's it the answer is kinda obvious AND answered already in other threads. You need an updated headset

Your headset is 2 prong and the stick is 1? If that's it the answer is kinda obvious AND answered already in other threads. You need an updated headset

I wasnt aware they updated the headset. Anything to make more money I guess....

Not a small issue, but a rather large one. Anyone having issues moving right with their stick? I can't move right at all. Regardless of being in the game or not. I assume there is some sort of issue with the innards of my stick. I have never cracked a fight stick open, so no idea what it could be. Anyone have an idea?