Scorpion winner of the MKD Tournament?

Anonymous

Who all agrees that Scorpion wins the Mortal Kombat Deception tournament? Li Mei won the last tournament in Deadly Alliance. And from looking at Scorpion's winning ending, I believe he won the tournament. It looks quite obvious that he is.

Thoughts?

Well, for one, Li Mei did not win the last tournament. I'm not sure how you got that, but if you watch the opening cinematic for MKD, it's pretty obvious to see that Li Mei had nothing to do with the tournament outcome.

As for Scorpion's ending, it's a possible ending, that's all. I'd say it's between him and Shujinko, and possibly Sindel, but we won't really know until the next game. They gave him a pretty good argument for winning the tournament, and I think that'd rule if he did, but we just don't know yet.

It's almost impossible to pick out which endings will stick, and which ones are just for fun. I think that they are just there so you get something more than credits. The staff at Midway gets the final say, in the next MK... so we will just have to wait until than.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Well, for one, Li Mei did not win the last tournament. I'm not sure how you got that, but if you watch the opening cinematic for MKD, it's pretty obvious to see that Li Mei had nothing to do with the tournament outcome.

It's in Li Mei's intro. It's even on the official site -- check it out. :x

Yes, Le Mei did win DA Tournament. Also, I just found out, Liu Kang won all of the previous 4. I wasent sure about that, but if you check out Liu Kang's tomb in Kontent it mentions it.

Yeah, I remember reading in one of the strategy guides that Liu has supposedly lost MK2 but I never saw anything in the games to indicate this.

yes, MKDA wasn't a real tournament, but Li Mei won it to free her people but was only awarded by getting her soul tossed into one of the dragon king's warriors. Kenshi or Liu set her free, I forget who.

Actually, it was neither Kenshi or Liu. It was Bo Rai Cho who reversed the spell and freed Li Mei from the warrior vessel.

Jack Diesal said:
No one really knows for sure, but i'd bet money that Shujinko wins it. He is the main character after all.
Hah, I wouldn't be suprised if they use Raiden's ending and kill off Shujinko. In fact, I prefer it that they did, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they're going to use Scorpion's ending for the next MK. It does make sense.

Actually, I don't think there is a Deception "tournament" at all. It seems with the last 2 games that instead of having a tournament, the focus is just on uprooting and defeating evil forces.

Well Li Mei may have one the "tournament" that Shang Tsung and Quan Chi set up, but I wouldn't call anyone the official winner unless they actually defeated both of the sorcerers.

Bodomite1014 said:
Well Li Mei may have one the "tournament" that Shang Tsung and Quan Chi set up, but I wouldn't call anyone the official winner unless they actually defeated both of the sorcerers.

Exactly. Saying Li Mei won the DA tournament would imply that she took out Quan Chi and Shang Tsung. A phony tournament victory doesn't mean squat.

Yeah, these aren't tournaments anymore. MK3 was about war between realms and ever since it's been just a state of neverending conflict.

The original tournament was "if so-and-so wins 10 in a row, they gain the contested realm." This never happened. Liu made sure of it. After that, its been sorcery and black magic opening portals so fighters can duke it out, basically. One wants to be king, another wants access to the wife of the former emporer in another realm and blah blah blah.

It lacks order and needs it badly.

I AM?!? :shock: TIME TO CELEBRATE!!! Didn't know I was good enough to win the tourney!! 8)

*Graciously accepts his trophy* *bows* *leaves before they change their mind*

LMAO ... sorry couldn't resist :p

Yeah, as a couple of people have already stated, MK: D wasn't a tournament. I don't really know how you got that idea, but it definitely wasn't a tournament.

The storylines for MK1 and MK2 both took place in tournaments. After that, there were constant battles and such against the forces of evil. In the MK3/UMK3/MKT storyline, the Earthrealm warriors are trying to defeat Shao Kahn and his forces. In the MK4/MKG storyline, the Earthrealm warriors are trying to defeat Shinnok and his forces. In MK: DA, the Earthrealm warriors are trying to defeat Shang Tsung and Quan Chi and their forces. Shang Tsung and Quan Chi held a tournament in Outworld for Li Mei to participate in. She thought by winning this tournament that she could free her people from enslavement. She won the tournament, but her people weren't freed and the Deadly Alliance tried to take her soul and place it in one of the bodies of the Dragon King's soldiers. Fortunately for her, Bo' Rai Cho came to the rescue and saved her.

There were quite a few endings and parts of some endings in MK: DA that occured in the storyline. The endings I'm referring to are as follows:

Scorpion's
Li Mei's
Mavado's
Frost's (the part where she takes Sub-Zero's Dragon Medallion and is killed by its immense power)
Reptile's
Cyrax's
Nitara's
Blaze's
Jax's
Hsu Hao's

You have to understand that the MK tournament was meant to protect the realms from being taken over. Shao Kahn and his forces were successful in many of the tournaments. Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung in MK1. The tournament in Outworld was meant to lure the Earthrealm warriors into Outworld where they would meet their doom, especially if they even get to face off against Shao Kahn himself. The Outworld tournament was also meant as a diversion so Sindel can be resurrected. With Sindel at his side, Shao Kahn could use her to open up portals, namely to realms like Earthrealm so he can take the souls of people from there.