IGN review

That was a stupid review, he was saying how awesome it was the he was like cheap bosses and the costumes look old (no shit its a reboot). They gave Armageddon an 8.5 and this a 8, stupid people I dont like IGN anyways.

and graphics a 7.5? this is the most sophisticated graphic engine ever in a fighting game. IGN gives terrible reviews all the time, I guess I should have expected it.

Its Ryan Clements. I don't think he's ever written an intelligent review. He is absolutely TERRIBLE at reviewing JRPGs. Seems he sucks at reviewing fighters too.

"Its too hard for me and I suck at the game, so... negative points." Idiot.

And a 6 for presentation. smmfh...

I've never taken IGN serious anyway. Bunch of trolls. I always get the vibe that they laugh as they write their stories and reviews. "I get paid to do this? HAHAHAHA"

That review just doesn't make sense, stuff like

The story is weak compared to other recent, non-MK video game efforts. I was entertained from start to finish

So in one sentence hes saying the story is crap, but then in the next sentence hes saying it kept him entertained the whole way through? So what more exactly did he want from it? That sounds like pretty high praise to me, theres plenty of games where the story fails to entertain me the whole way through.

And then we get

So with exciting combat, bloody Fatalities, and tons of things to unlock, Mortal Kombat sounds awesome, right? It is

Followed by an 8/10 score. Just seems all over the place.

Never knew one aspect of the game, single player warranted a 6 for overall presentation of a game. If anything presentation should reflect the the whole game...

Last edited:
They used to be a good source for honest reviews, but the last few years multi platform reviews got carbon copied, games I knew were gonna be crap, they liked. Sheer fanboyism managed to sneak it's way in the IGN office, they try to be different like Edge.

But in the end they're just a bunch of misinformed wannabe's. At least that's MY view on them.

7.5 Graphics???!!! are you serious **** you IGNorants

Cheap bosses???!!!!! Mk has always been like that were they out of there minds?!!!!

Last edited:
5/5 G4

10/10 GiantBomb

9.4 Gametrailers

8 IGN.

Im not a fanboy and as a fighting game fan i can care less about a casual's review score, but that review was awful.

BTW Marvel vs Capcom 3 a game with little content and no story recieved the same score. lol

Are you kidding me...

It pisses me off since it's obvious the guy has some gripe with the game, how can you possibly give such low score on the pretty much best presentation of a story in a fighting game? Jeff G (the guy who spoke out against a bad game and got fired for it) from Giantbomb said "this is the greatest storymode in a fighting game; ever". And I agree. Seriously, is this guy comparing MK with Mass Effect's story?

And don't get me started on the graphics. 7.5... Yeah, that guy is a tool.