***spoilers*** how to get to the hidden fighters

To get to Noob, do you have to have the setting on medium or higher?
Or can it be done on ANY difficulty setting?

Araknyd03 difficulty doesn't matter against any of the hidden digits dude but thanks for the question coz i forgot to put that in the original post so will edit that when i get home from work

I tried getting to Jade several times today.

Second or 3rd time up the ladder: I had at least 6 Fatalities before getting to Shang. I had lost 6 rounds, but not matches. Used the select screen trick to get 2 Flawless victories, but I'd lost a round, too. No Fatality on him. She didn't come out.

Went back through, got her to fight me. I actually beat Kahn without losing a single round. According to the stats page (after the ending), I had 7 Fatalities (including the one on Shang), no lost rounds or matches and 8 Flawless victories (also including the 2 on Shang). Was on Beginner difficulty. I blocked, so that's not part of the equation. I suspected that getting First Attack might play a role, but I'm betting that everything that's documented in the final stat screen are the only things that play a role.

I don't know exactly how many Flawlesses or Fatalities you need to do, but wanted to post this for documentation purposes.

Does anyone know if you can reach Smoke in Versus mode? I also saw Cyrax off to the far left on Jade's Desert earlier today. Anyone know what that's about?

What are the benefits of beating these hidden characters? Also, after you've beaten them, is it possible to initiate the fight again?

Noob and Smoke where easy finds but getting the double flawless victory and stage fatality to find Reptile has been ridiculous because only once in a while Santa or the Witch will fly by the moon and Jade, I'm thinking I'm going to wait to really find out out to unlock the fight.

the select screen trick to get 2 Flawless victories ( I haven't heard of this, how is it performed?)

the select screen trick to get 2 Flawless victories ( I haven't heard of this, how is it performed?)

If you're trying to get to Jade, after you win the match without losing a round (but before finishing them), pause the game and go to the character select option. This allows you to keep trying to get a double flawless on Shang without having to start the ladder over again. Since you actually won the match (whether or not you actually finish him/her has no bearing on that), no loss will be counted and you can keep trying forever and ever.

In regards to Reptile, it's even easier, because it doesn't matter whether or not you've lost a match in the ladder. Once you get to the Pit, check to see if a shadow's going by the moon (keep in mind it won't show up until the fight itself actually starts). If it isn't, pause and go to character select. Rinse and repeat until you finally see a shadow and pull off your double flawless.

Ok guys i been neglecting this thread as didn't wanna be accused of boosting. Thanks everyone for the inputs. Think its been confirmed down to 5 flawless victories and all fatalities til shang then double flawless and fatality on him, will go on a trawl when i finish work and clean up and update the original post. Thanks for all your help and info on this one guys

just battle your way till shang tsung without loosing a fight and beat him double flawless with a fatality... tried it today and it worked...

the best what you can do is to jumppunch your enemy and immediately do an uppercut... then walk a step and jumppunch+uppercut... as fast as you can... i tried it yesterday about 20 times and it didnt work (on my way to tsung i found smoke and reptile)... i tried this today and it worked at the second try... use scorpion...

It ain't that simple uzi the rumour was a straight double flawless and fatality but it's simply not true. Look up the thread along the lines of "i found hidden reptile" that thread went on for days. All prior to official release and lots of people said the same as you. Sorry dude but you must of at the very least got the 5 flawless. +rep for the jump punch uppercut trick tho

Re: secret battles / fights

the instructions are actually pretty accurate.

you sure the conditions are met (santa or witch flying past moon at pit stage) or (smoke appearing behind a tree) ?

can u pls tell me exactly what i have to do for noob and reptile secret fight

also does it matter on what difficulty ur on?
thanks

can u pls tell me exactly what i have to do for noob and reptile secret fight

also does it matter on what difficulty ur on?
thanks

With Noob you have to get the Temple stage during arcade ladder, If you see Noob Saibot standing over the alter instead of the cultists your good to go, Win the match without blocking and Noob should appear as soon as you beat your opponent

Reptile is a bit more rare but pretty easy to get, The conditions to fighting Reptile are very close to the original Reptile in MK1 1. Get the Pit stage (at night) 2. If you see a silohette fly across the moon your good to go. 3. Get a double flawless. 4. finally finnish with a Fatality and Reptile should apear

As for the difficulty I don't think it matters