HUGE patch coming for MK9 40 MB

creed200569

http://www.gamepur.com/news/3396-mortal-kombat-patch-101-released-game-launch.html

"Still couple of days are left for the launch of Mortal Kombat, but even before the official release of the game NetherRealm Studios has published a patch 1.01 for their fighting game title. The size of the patch is 40MB, and it will download automatically once player start the game first time."

This just shows that they have still been busting their ass on this game even after they went gold cuz 40 MB is pretty big for a patch. I just played Soul Calibur 4 again today and I got a patch that was only 4 MB, so that gives you an idea on how big this is.

hhhmmmm wonder what it was for!? Must be serious since they said they will be using their new system to make fixes so that they could avoid patches and updates...must be somethin serious

A patch for offline or online?

UPDATE: A user explains that the patch is for Cyrax and Ermac.

"The patch is for an Ermac and Cyrax infinite that was found. For those of you unaware of what an infinite is, it's a move that can be done over and over to an opponent and he cannot get out of it"

40mb is not that big but it is reasonably ample update an MP3 album is about this so not massive, I wonder what it contains is it all just fixes or is there extra content in there too perhaps for KOTH mode I would imagine... But if it's 40MB of pure code that is alot

somone else thinks this:

The patch is for an Ermac and Cyrax infinite that was found. For those of you unaware of what an infinite is, it's a move that can be done over and over to an opponent and he cannot get out of it.

also there been problems with scorps toasty fatality?

somone commented on the link saying "The patch is for an Ermac and Cyrax infinite that was found. For those of you unaware of what an infinite is, it's a move that can be done over and over to an opponent and he cannot get out of it. "

If I remember right, in another thread they said that Toasty was patched also, because people were able to do it right off the bat without the Pre-order code.

Also, patches like this are an AWESOME way to sneak in new hidden content.

Spoiler:
My guess is that if Friendships arent in there yet, they will be after this patch.

This is VERY common on any new game. Halo:Reach, COD, etc have all had updates at launch. Thats the beauty of it, you can update the game and fix issues!

I'm not expecting the patch to be for anything major, but it would be awesome if it were to enable something such as Brutalities and/or Friendships.

there was a fatality that needed fixed, I cant remember if it was Sonya's or someone else. But I remember a character getting ripped in half and the characters spleen or kidney would stay a float in the middle of the screen after the fatality was complete.