Just fought Secret Reptile

@nifelheim don't think he was fishing for rep, i asked how you do it a few posts back so it was in reply to me.

Trolling for rep is probably the most annoying thing on these boards. An people have said that there's no need to make a fatality every fight before Tsung.

No. People posting when they have nothing to post about is the most annoying thing in the world.

I'll give it a try sometime tonight doing fatalities to everyone, then double flawless Shang Tsung with no fatality and see what happens.

I just unlocked the Jade fight! This is what I did

-Made sure Goro was in the ladder
-Did a fatality on everyone but the first guy (messed it up, so I'm assuming fatalities are not required on all fights)
-Never lost a round or match
-Had a few flawless victories, not on all fights, and I doubt I had 8 or more
-Got to Tsung, messed up several times but never lost a round, when it said "Finish Him" I waited for the words to disappear and then did the start/select new character thing
-Finally got a double flawless with scorpion after several tries and did a fatality, then the Jade fight loaded up

Thats how I did it, hope this helps

Actually, looking at the slight variances posted by Alexanders and others:

I am guessing the requirement is to perform a certain number of fatalities along with the double flawless condition on Shang Tsung. You may not necessarily have to use a fatality on Shang Tsung, but do need X number of total fatalities up to and including Shang Tsung if need be. That is my theory, anyway.

A good starting estimate would be 5 fatalities, I bet. Everyone loves multiples of 5.

The main conditions , seems to be :
- no fights losses : you must win fight 1 to 7, in a mandatory way.
- no round losses : don't loss any round, altough you can win without doing flawless victory.
- double flawless victory against Shang Tsung (8th fight). No fatality required.

Regarding a minimum number of fatalities to be done between fight 1 and 7, people should start to test , doing 7, 6,5 and even 4 fatalities only until meet Shang Tsung.

Successfully got the Jade fight, with a lot of stress getting to it. I only managed to win one round though.

Successfully got the Jade fight, with a lot of stress getting to it. I only managed to win one round though.

She's cheesy and cheap and so should you be. Just hold block and crouch, wait for her to approach by jumping or comboing you, then uppercut her to oblivion. :)

Update, I was lucky enough to get the Reptile and Noob fights, one right after another. I had to back out to player select to make the shadow and Noob appear on their stages.

Just vouching that you *can* get multiple secret fights in the same ladder.

People need to realise that if there is no in game tracking then it's probably not going to unlock anything. If people stopped whoring for Achievements/Trophies so much then maybe developers would put meaningful rewards in games but until then pointless awards is all we'll get.

there is in-game tracking hence the social messaging system which posts if you did something. fighting hidden characters being among them.

After messing up a couple of times, I finally managed to get the Klassic Reptile fight to trigger, and I just barely won :). Now I just need to trigger Smoke and Jade (gonna need to practise to get a double flawless on Shang Tsung...).

well now you know.

good for you, but That doesn't do anything, Im here for answers.

it would be better if mr Bloody just went ahead and beat reptile or which ever hidden kombatant with out blocking, to see if its true or not.

If you guys don't have the answer yet, i do. To unlock Smoke's fight, you need to find him, then you press DOWN+Select (Back on PS3)
For jade, you need to fight Shang Tsung and get a double flawless
You need to see Noob at the altar in Temple and not block the ENTIRE time
For Reptile, you need to see santa fly across the moon, on Pit night
Their skins are for DLC

If you guys don't have the answer yet, i do. To unlock Smoke's fight, you need to find him, then you press DOWN+Select (Back on PS3)
For jade, you need to fight Shang Tsung and get a double flawless
You need to see Noob at the altar in Temple and not block the ENTIRE time
For Reptile, you need to see santa fly across the moon, on Pit night
Their skins are for DLC

No.

For Smoke all you have to do is mash the select button only. No need to press down. Only select. You don't even have to see him on screen. Even if you're all the way to the left, if you keep pressing select every 2 seconds or so, when he pops out it will automatically trigger... and just so ya know, Select is PS3, Back is 360. (Back meaning select button on 360 controller for those who don't know)

Haven't fought Jade myself, but im pretty sure its not JUST double flawless on Shang. Goro needs to be in the ladder I know that. and I think you have to do a certain amount of fatalities.

For Reptile, on the Pit Night stage, either the witch, or Santa will fly across the moon, almost immediately after the fights starts, if they do not, just character select and retry until they appear. Once either one of them fly across the moon. do double flawless victories and stage fatality.

And you got Noob right for the most part, except its the Cathedral stage.