MK10 Speculation (SPOILERS)

REPTILE 0009

Now that I've seen the story mode cutscenes, I think I'll be able to form more solid speculations for the storyline for MK10. First off we know that in the next game, Shinnok will try to invade Outworld and Earthrealm. Second, I think that everyone who died in MK9 will serve Shinnok in his invasion. At some point in the story, I think the protagonists will try to bring them back to life. Third, I think that Mileena will become Empress of Outworld and Edenia, if it's still merged with Outworld. They hinted in the story mode that if Shao Kahn were to die, Mileena would automatically replace him. And since Sindel and Shang Tsung is dead, there is no one else left to rule besides Mileena. Fourth, I think that Mileena will form an alliance with Raiden to repel the invasion. I doubt Mileena's dumb enough to ally with Shinnok. The only reason she served Shinnok in MK Gold, was because she was resurrected by Shinnok to serve him. Fifth, I think that the bad guys in MK, will have to become good guys to repel to the invasion. They will be the new protagonists, along with the new characters introduced.
Anyway, these are my theories about the future of MK. Thoughts?

Mileena is supposedly killed by raiden after her fight with stryker.

I think Johnny Cages arcade ending in which raiden sends him to orderealm to train him with the help of Bo Rai cho will most likely be canon cause he and sonya are the only earthrealm defenders alive and i have a feeling tht he may become the future Mk champion. Also aiding raiden would be fujin ,Kai and Kenshi and maybe Shujinko as the new defenders for earthrealm.

Mileena is supposedly killed by raiden after her fight with stryker.

I think Johnny Cages arcade ending in which raiden sends him to orderealm to train him with the help of Bo Rai cho will most likely be canon cause he and sonya are the only earthrealm defenders alive and i have a feeling tht he may become the future Mk champion. Also raiden would be fujin ,Kai and Kenshi and maybe Shujinko as the new defenders for earthrealm.
Mileena was not killed by Raiden. She was there in the fight at the Cathedral. It doesn't show her specifically dying, so it's reasonable to believe she's alive.

So who's still alive? All I really remember are:
Johnny Cage
Sonya'
Raiden
Quan-Chi

Is Scorpion still alive?

I think MK9 was for the classic characters and MK10 will reboot the new ones from Mk4 through MKD. Reiko will definitely be the new "Shao Kahn". Hopefully reptile doesnt turn into Onaga again.

I think now that the timeline has changed, i think a new deadly alliance will form between Outworld and Earthrealm instead of Shang Tsung and Quan Chi lol

With so many of the cast dead, I think it's safe to assume that the MK4+ characters will join in, Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Li Mei, Reiko, Kai, etc. Although I hope that the other characters are somehow resurrected beforehand... I really want Jade and Kitana :(

Raiden really didn't prevent much, Shinnok still intends to invade while Earthrealm is weak, Onaga is still tricking Shujinko (surprised he never appeared in storymode aiding damashi in some way), And Armageddon is inevitable, unless Raiden can send a message back in time and stop Delia from building the pyramid and prevent the war altogether.

Question: Are Shao Kahns fallen warriors with Shinnok too now? Or was it just the Earthrealm warriors?

Raiden really didn't prevent much, Shinnok still intends to invade while Earthrealm is weak, Onaga is still tricking Shujinko (surprised he never appeared in storymode aiding damashi in some way), And Armageddon is inevitable, unless Raiden can send a message back in time and stop Delia from building the pyramid and prevent the war altogether.

Question: Are Shao Kahns fallen warriors with Shinnok too now? Or was it just the Earthrealm warriors?
Probably, as they are all sent to the Nether Realm, and they are probably under Shinnok's control too.

This ^. All raiden did was that he prevented shao Kahn from being the victor during the Armageddon which resulted in the amulet breaking and not the Armageddon itself.

The story mode just showed the dead earthrealm warriors aiding Quan chi. Nothing about Shao Kahn's fallen warriors namely Shang, Sindel, Motaro and possibly mileena is mentioned after their deaths. I assume the remaining of shao Kahn's forces allies with Raiden to deal with the Netherealm onslaught.

im not reading the posts in this thread because story mode is the only part of the game i've yet to spoil for myself.

just posting to say i would love for the next game to have a free roaming story much like konquest in deception. it allows for much more immersion in the mk universe, more interaction with the characters and they could also put in hidden stuff that you can find (like the chests in deception). nxt gen graphics would make it look amazing, unlike konquest in deception. i really dont think nr should keep story mode as they have in this game, as they need to make the next game fresh. after all konquest in deception was very well recieved and it was a risk that worked for midway. they need to take risks with the next game and not just offer us differnet characters, stories and stages. the classic 2d gameplay will still be there in the single player, but only when you interact with a character and begin a fight like in deception. *fight*,*cutscene*fight**fight**cutscene* would get too boring for me and i dont think people would like it if it was carried on into the nxt game. would you guys prefer a story mode similar to this one or different?

im not reading the posts in this thread because story mode is the only part of the game i've yet to spoil for myself.

just posting to say i would love for the next game to have a free roaming story much like konquest in deception. it allows for much more immersion in the mk universe, more interaction with the characters and they could also put in hidden stuff that you can find (like the chests in deception). nxt gen graphics would make it look amazing, unlike konquest in deception. i really dont think nr should keep story mode as they have in this game, as they need to make the next game fresh. after all konquest in deception was very well recieved and it was a risk that worked for midway. they need to take risks with the next game and not just offer us differnet characters, stories and stages. the classic 2d gameplay will still be there in the single player, but only when you interact with a character and begin a fight like in deception. *fight*,*cutscene*fight**fight**cutscene* would get too boring for me and i dont think people would like it if it was carried on into the nxt game. would you guys prefer a story mode similar to this one or different?

My simple answer to this: NO!!!!!!!! I love this new way of dealing with the storymode. Makes me feels like Im watching a movie, but better!

My simple answer to this: NO!!!!!!!! I love this new way of dealing with the storymode. Makes me feels like Im watching a movie, but better!

don't you think it would become too stale. btw i don't have the game and have only watched about an hour of story mode online and im sure i will love it but the same configuration for the next games story mode would just not be good at all. it would seem lazy and unoriginal on NR part. the test of the game would still focus and classic mk gameplay of course and so will most parts of the single player. i would just love to explore in the mk universe and meet mk characters and if it was done in this generation of consoles it would be great.

^ i cant see them doing the same thing for the next game

my guess is the next mk game will be a shaolin monks type game but lin kuei oriented...or another theme...

then i predict another fighter after that which will be a completely new story, like a prequel...i predict very few familiar faces....

They need to do a Shaolin Monks style game with free roam. Cutscenes between missions. Kinda combine deception with Shaolin monks, and throw in cutscenes between important plot points. Different chapters for different characters and factions will interact differently with you depending on who you are. There's a lot that can be done with an interactive story mode, but they need to improve on it, make it more cinematic like god of war, so you don't necessarily NEED so many cutscenes. However, cutscenes rock so there needs to be a lot in there :p.

This ^. All raiden did was that he prevented shao Kahn from being the victor during the Armageddon which resulted in the amulet breaking and not the Armageddon itself.

The story mode just showed the dead earthrealm warriors aiding Quan chi. Nothing about Shao Kahn's fallen warriors namely Shang, Sindel, Motaro and possibly mileena is mentioned after their deaths. I assume the remaining of shao Kahn's forces allies with Raiden to deal with the Netherealm onslaught.

I hope they are on Shinnok`s side now, It`d be cool if they used this opportunity to throw in Motaro in MK10 and have him super pissed at Cage and Raiden.

My personal thoughts:

Note: I will have spoilers so please Do not read if you don't want some spoilers.

I think that Shao Kahn's soul was sent to the NR to be punished. Within the NR I think Shinnok will discover Quan Chi's betrayal [unlike MK4] and thus I believe he will form a pact with the "undead" Emperor. It could be possible that Reiko will be revealed to be Shao Kahn's son. [Would explain his obsession with the helmet, his clothing and more]

During this event, probably Shao Kahn will help Shinnok defeat Lucifer again and take control of the NR.

Scorpion will be unleashed to hunt down Sub-Zero just like in the original timeline and I believe Sub-Zero's MK4 ending will happen this time. With Scorpion killing Quan Chi. Thus preventing the original DA, but creating the new one. [Shinnok and Shao Kahn]

Raiden I think will exile himself for killing a certain someone
Spoiler:
Liu
and Fujin will take over as Elder God of ER.

Kai I think will take over as the DoL over Liu, which he will inherit the staff from Raiden. This will give him the power to defeat Shinnok. [As Raiden defeated Shinnok so many years ago]

Reptile will end up a double agent for Earth Realm. [The reverse of Tanya, Reptile will pretend to be Evil with possibility of Reptile becoming like Noob Saibot storyline wise]

I think Noob Saibot will end up with Shinnok's amulet forcing Scorpion and Sub-Zero to finally team up to either destroy or restore Noob Saibot to what he was, before his soul was corrupted.

I think the Kano ending from DA will come to pass with Liu. [Lol]

I'll post more later. XD

I just hope they do not write off Stryker.
He was already a minor character.
How much more can you rape a character?

My personal thoughts: Note: I will have spoilers so please Do not read if you don't want some spoilers. I think that Shao Kahn's soul was sent to the NR to be punished. Within the NR I think Shinnok will discover Quan Chi's betrayal [unlike MK4] and thus I believe he will form a pact with the "undead" Emperor. It could be possible that Reiko will be revealed to be Shao Kahn's son. [Would explain his obsession with the helmet, his clothing and more] During this event, probably Shao Kahn will help Shinnok defeat Lucifer again and take control of the NR. Scorpion will be unleashed to hunt down Sub-Zero just like in the original timeline and I believe Sub-Zero's MK4 ending will happen this time. With Scorpion killing Quan Chi. Thus preventing the original DA, but creating the new one. [Shinnok and Shao Kahn] Raiden I think will exile himself for killing a certain someone
Spoiler:
Liu
and Fujin will take over as Elder God of ER. Kai I think will take over as the DoL over Liu, which he will inherit the staff from Raiden. This will give him the power to defeat Shinnok. [As Raiden defeated Shinnok so many years ago] Reptile will end up a double agent for Earth Realm. [The reverse of Tanya, Reptile will pretend to be Evil with possibility of Reptile becoming like Noob Saibot storyline wise] I think Noob Saibot will end up with Shinnok's amulet forcing Scorpion and Sub-Zero to finally team up to either destroy or restore Noob Saibot to what he was, before his soul was corrupted. I think the Kano ending from DA will come to pass with Liu. [Lol] I'll post more later. XD
Most of these are identical to what I am thinking, except Reiko being Shao Kahn's son is not possible; he was a general in Shinnok's forces of darkness MILLIONS of years ago. Shao Kahn is only about 10,000 years old and also this would mean that Shao Kahn would've had to have another wife that died, which I highly doubt.