Got My PDP TE MK Fight Stick Today

I preordered the TE when it was first listed but I just canceled it. After some serious debate, I decided that $100 ($50 for the game supposedly) is not worth it in the long run. I know everyone is extremely excited about the game including myself but it really doesn't worth it to me. I have been told that the ps3 control works just as fine, even the Japanese style arcade sticks play very naturally from first hand experience. Don't you guys think this arcade stick might seem kinda of a waste unless you have free cash lying around? Obviously $150 is a lot of money even if you money available to buy it but i know most of us will be disappointed. And by most of us I refer to the frugal video gamer. If you are one of those idiot gamers who don't care about money then you shall remain an idiot and continue to spend money on unnecessary accessories.

Maybe when they promote you to the french fry station at your Burger King you will get a bump in pay and be able to afford the stick.

I preordered the TE when it was first listed but I just canceled it. After some serious debate, I decided that $100 ($50 for the game supposedly) is not worth it in the long run. I know everyone is extremely excited about the game including myself but it really doesn't worth it to me. I have been told that the ps3 control works just as fine, even the Japanese style arcade sticks play very naturally from first hand experience. Don't you guys think this arcade stick might seem kinda of a waste unless you have free cash lying around? Obviously $150 is a lot of money even if you money available to buy it but i know most of us will be disappointed. And by most of us I refer to the frugal video gamer. If you are one of those idiot gamers who don't care about money then you shall remain an idiot and continue to spend money on unnecessary accessories.

Everyone on this planet is dumb, get over yourself. We buy and pay what we want for our luxuries.

~TROLL ON~

Wow Darthpotato, just wow...

Gotta love someone who makes an account on a dedicated video game site just to say they don't need the collectibles that they can't afford. Jealous little kiddies :)

For me the fighstick is a huge waste of money, it will not help me in any kind of way, the PS3 controller is what I will use to play competitively online. It's hard to justify buying it when you pull 10 hit+ combos consistently every time without any kind of issue, if I see a move on one of my favorite characters that requires a 360 or 720 rotation or a 3 button move or a p-link attack then sure a fightstick might be somewhat worth it. Funnily though I did buy & oay for the TE through bestbuy, im not sure if I can cancel it online & have my money refunded back or not yet I gotta check that out today.

The TE is a good value as buying the game & buying a MK layout fightstick online would cost you actually more unless you got a crappier fightstick. The cheapest really nice custom fightstick ive seen online was for $150.00 that included shipping im pretty sure and I mean that is the cheapest.

Yeah, as most of us know the fight stick alone is 120 and since the game is 60, you do the math, you save so much more buying the combo.

Plus idk about you guys but I plan on using this for other games. I'm going to be using this for Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, MKII, and Castle Crashers. And since it's easy to mod it adds to it's value. Considering it's been called the best arcade stick on the market for home consoles Hellz yeah I'm gonna get it with MK.

Plus idk about you guys but I plan on using this for other games. I'm going to be using this for Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, MKII, and Castle Crashers. And since it's easy to mod it adds to it's value. Considering it's been called the best arcade stick on the market for home consoles Hellz yeah I'm gonna get it with MK.

I dont think it will work well with other games. The layout is specifically designed for MK so not sure but let us know how that turns out :)

Hi, new here.

I don't think the fight stick is a waste of money or an unnecessary accessorie, and it's not all about the online competitivity. A lot of people like me have spent a lot of time in the arcade in the 90's, and I am so excited to get one of those sticks.
Sorry, English is not my first language, and I miss some words. But man... the new MK aside, I'm looking forward to play the classics MKs on Mame with this bad boy. This is huge man !

Are you going to be able to adjust the button layout a little? The RT + LT buttons are way too far from each other to perform an X-Ray, no?

I assume the hand controlling the stick might reach up for the LT while the right hand hits the RT. Is that how it's going to work?

@darthpotato94, how much did your console cost, your TV, the game, internet, Xbox Live, etc? This gaming hobby of ours is a luxury, if think an extra $90 for a stick (+$60 game = $150 TE bundle) will break the bank you should stop playing video games in general until you get a better job.

That is correct. Actually I will have three sticks total. I'm using two of them for a custom arcade I am building

Wow 3 of them? Sweet, you are now my forum hero lol. Any chance you can take some close up photos for us? I'd love to see that gold MK clasp up close.

Hope you keep us up to date on your custom arcade. We need Pics!

I dont think it will work well with other games. The layout is specifically designed for MK so not sure but let us know how that turns out :)

It will work great with any other MK game, as well as with any little arcade game that only uses 2 buttons or none..like Castle Crashers or Pac-Man :D

Wow 3 of them? Sweet, you are now my forum hero lol. Any chance you can take some close up photos for us? I'd love to see that gold MK clasp up close.

Hope you keep us up to date on your custom arcade. We need Pics!

I will post a few more close up pics when I get home tonight. I will be starting on the arcade next weekend when I have both sticks and will keep updated with pics

Also I read on a site somewhere that the x-rays are performed with the block button (RT) and the LB button. Don't know though since I havnt played the new game yet. All worked great on MK1 and UMK3. Pretty fun!

Are you going to be able to adjust the button layout a little? The RT + LT buttons are way too far from each other to perform an X-Ray, no?

I assume the hand controlling the stick might reach up for the LT while the right hand hits the RT. Is that how it's going to work?
No, when using the fight stick X-ray is done by pressing 3 buttons at the same time, not sure which ones exactly but as an example LP+HP+Block. Same goes for enhanced moves, probably whatever button is associated to perform the special move+block.

It will work great with any other MK game, as well as with any little arcade game that only uses 2 buttons or none..like Castle Crashers or Pac-Man :D

Yeah that's how I got my wife interested in the arcade I'm building. "honey you'll be able to play pac-man".....oh ok

No, when using the fight stick X-ray is done by pressing 3 buttons at the same time, not sure which ones exactly but as an example LP+HP+Block. Same goes for enhanced moves, probably whatever button is associated to perform the special move+block.

This is what I was trying to say above. Shouldn't be a problem at all to perform them

couldn't you take the connections and just switch them around for a different button layout?
2aca1_53946_t66dz66tl9lfl_hl.jpg

couldn't you take the connections and just switch them around for a different button layout?
2aca1_53946_t66dz66tl9lfl_hl.jpg

For sure, but you will still be stuck with the square, boxish button layout...As opposed to let's say a Street fighter one which is tight and more horizontal focused...