NRS/MK9 Roundtable Interview

luxul

Taken from twitter and shoryuken.com

http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal...ed-around-fairness-roundtable-interview-4240/

This is a good read about the roundtable interview on the thought process around NRS and MK9. Some things we've already heard and some we haven't. Thoughts?

I do love the fact that we will get to have offline replays, and I'm hoping that online replays are available as well (I don't see why there wouldn't be).

So, for those who are interested, have at it. :)

Really good interview. A lot of good questions regarding playability of bosses, recording of matches, tweaking, online play, recording of matches, balance in gameplay etc were discussed. Good find :D

Really good interview. A lot of good questions regarding playability of bosses, recording of matches, tweaking, online play, recording of matches, balance in gameplay etc were discussed. Good find :D

Agreed. Biggest thing about that interview was the confirmation that you will be able to record match clips and watch them at a later time, awesome!!!!

Q: Are the bosses playable?

NR: We set out to make the bosses feel like bosses. If they were playable, it would be unfair. They are a big hurdle, and we decided they are not to be playable normally. You may be able to control one in a special mode, but they are not for competitive play.

This is interesting. So maybe there's a challenge at the Tower where you play as a boss? Also, the part where they said they are not playable "normally", maybe hinting they are ultra secret and not available in all modes (like online)?

This is interesting. So maybe there's a challenge at the Tower where you play as a boss? Also, the part where they said they are not playable "normally", maybe hinting they are ultra secret and not available in all modes (like online)?

That's what I'm thinking. Either a challenge from the Challenge Tower, or maybe a Kombat Kode input? Possibly an ultra-rare unlockable(s) for Arcade ladder? That said, I'm glad they're not playable competitive/online.

Q: Is Kratos in the story?

NR: Kratos is not involved in the story at all. He is not part of our universe, he has no influence over the story. He is not a permanent thing, just a guest in this game. He does have his own single player ladder sequence, but he is not part of the game's canon.
I just felt that this should be pointed out. =P

maybe thats the ultimate reward, u get to play as shao khan and the other sub-bosses after u beat the challenge tower, offline though.