This game = The greatest art direction in a fighting game yet.

Drakilla

I'm just blown away about the level of art the game has managed to achieve. It just blows every other fighter out of the water hands down. The character detail and gorgeous backgrounds, simply amazing. Bravo to NRS to bringing back Mortal Kombat in all its' dark glory. :hail:

And Smoke looks AWESOME, don't change him NRS! (At least not before he turns into robo-smoke :razz:)

I disagree. GG, BB, DS, SC, and Tekken, seem more detailed to me. But MK has done a fine job on its own accord.

I'm just blown away about the level of art the game has managed to achieve. It just blows every other fighter out of the water hands down. The character detail and gorgeous backgrounds, simply amazing. Bravo to NRS to bringing back Mortal Kombat in all its' dark glory. :hail:

And Smoke looks AWESOME, don't change him NRS! (At least not before he turns into robo-smoke :razz:)

You're absolutely right, the art direction in MK has always been superior than all the other fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken. NRS listens to the fans and knows what we like when it comes to an awesome art design. No "GG, BB, DS, SC" *rolls eyes* could ever even compare.

I absolutely agree, some of the best art direction this side of Dead Space. Big kudos to the art team.

I'm more impressed by the amount of konent they managed to pack into this game. But yes the art direction is wonderful as well. The only thing we have to find out left is the online play and balancing.

You're absolutely right, the art direction in MK has always been superior than all the other fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken. NRS listens to the fans and knows what we like when it comes to an awesome art design. No "GG, BB, DS, SC" *rolls eyes* could ever even compare.

I know good and well you did not just diss me. Bro, brace YOSELF!

People who deny that games like BB which are known for pushing the art limit could not possibly be called lackluster in regards to MK.

Since This game has been announced I've been so blown away. I remember waiting for Armageddon and MKvsDC, with them being awful and me having to eat it up because I just love this franchise. This game however is simply amazing, NRS CLEARLY went out of it's way for the fans this time. I mean where do I begin? They modeled the char's insides, skeletons and skulls differently according to character, SO MANY absolutely unique and amazingly looking characters to pick from, have you seen the extent of detail on the backgrounds? I mean I play Tekken too but it's creators make a separate game just to add the 'tag team function'...we get this and a dozen other amazing modes. I AM STOKED =D

dont know wad nonsense u fools r blabberin bout, the art is horrible. just look at reptile and kitana's alt. they look like shit.

tekken 6 and SC4 is all about graphics ( and boobs )... no gameplay wise

Tekken 6 is the highest selling fighter on the market and is considered better than SF game play wise. I don't know why people insist on hating on other series they don't understand or just don't like.

ITT: Hater's gonna hate.

tekken 6 and SC4 is all about graphics ( and boobs )... no gameplay wise

You're trolling right? Tekken is a very deep, and fun fighter who's gamplay has always been above the MK franchise. Only now is NRS taking gameplay seriously. Before it was only about blood and gore. Tekken is the number one fighter right now for a reason.

They all look fantastic dude, dont be a fanboy.

...Bravo to NRS to bringing back Mortal Kombat in all its' dark glory...

Don't visit the spoiler thread... the dark glory promised by Boon has been peppered with trademark corn-ball once again.

Lame-ality? Lame-ality, again?!? lol

I do agree that the art direction is superb, at the very least besting all previous MKs by far. I was really digging the serious overtone of the game.. until... well...

Tekken 6 is the highest selling fighter on the market and is considered better than SF game play wise. I don't know why people insist on hating on other series they don't understand or just don't like.

ITT: Hater's gonna hate.

While i do enjoy the tekken series ever since i played 1 and 2 in the arcades, it's success happened mostly because of the marketing on the playstation for so long and never having changed the formula, the mk dev team experimented a lot with this franchise ever since MK4 and didn't hit the right spot untill now.
Tekken is basically the same game with updated graphics every sequel(that's not necessarily a bad thing).I agree for the most part that past mk's were mostly about the gore but the MK games(arcade) always appealed more to me, probably 90% of my coins were pumped in the MK2 arcade and about 10% in the Tekken 2 sitting next to it, was it a better game ? probably not..but the dark, gritty atmosphere from that game, the music(which still hasn't been surpassed by any mk game)the creepy stages(mk2 living forest blows mk9's out of the water), the announcer, yes the fatalities..everything in that game was so well done for it's time that it had a more serious approach in my opinion and made it my #1 game even now.
The recent 3d games (MK:DA,MK:D) are the best comparison with the Tekken franchise, tekken absolutely blows them away in every department.MK9 however really looks like it's going back to what made MK2 so brilliant and even if it's not going to be better than the top fighters right now it's certainly gonna make people take the MK franchise seriously again after those 3d abominations.

Just my 2 Koins :p

While i do enjoy the tekken series ever since i played 1 and 2 in the arcades, it's success happened mostly because of the marketing on the playstation for so long and never having changed the formula, the mk dev team experimented a lot with this franchise ever since MK4 and didn't hit the right spot untill now.
Tekken is basically the same game with updated graphics every sequel(that's not necessarily a bad thing).I agree for the most part that past mk's were mostly about the gore but the MK games(arcade) always appealed more to me, probably 90% of my coins were pumped in the MK2 arcade and about 10% in the Tekken 2 sitting next to it, was it a better game ? probably not..but the dark, gritty atmosphere from that game, the music(which still hasn't been surpassed by any mk game)the creepy stages(mk2 living forest blows mk9's out of the water), the announcer, yes the fatalities..everything in that game was so well done for it's time that it had a more serious approach in my opinion and made it my #1 game even now.
The recent 3d games (MK:DA,MK:D) are the best comparison with the Tekken franchise, tekken absolutely blows them away in every department.MK9 however really looks like it's going back to what made MK2 so brilliant and even if it's not going to be better than the top fighters right now it's certainly gonna make people take the MK franchise seriously again after those 3d abominations.

Just my 2 Koins :p

See, I think it was seperate, although MK2 sold the most UMK3 was actually a good representation overall of the series. Not only was it amazing Competitively [it still earns respect from the fighting game base], and Tekken I wouldn't say plays the exact same. Tekken 3 I had an easy time getting into, now days Tekken feels way different. It's so different that although I play it I can't wrap my head around all of it. Where as TK3 was pretty easy.

The thing though that even with dark atmosphere, some games are more art based developement. Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue especially, though that doesn't make MK bad by any means. In fact MK4 had probably THE BEST atmosphere of any fighting game to exist. Dark overtones not only in the music but the charactes themselves and the storyline.

In the end though, I think we both know people saying those other series don't have art [lol at anime depicted games which require tons of dedication to art and designs/sprites/etc.] are kidding themselves.

See, I think it was seperate, although MK2 sold the most UMK3 was actually a good representation overall of the series. Not only was it amazing Competitively [it still earns respect from the fighting game base], and Tekken I wouldn't say plays the exact same. Tekken 3 I had an easy time getting into, now days Tekken feels way different. It's so different that although I play it I can't wrap my head around all of it. Where as TK3 was pretty easy.

The thing though that even with dark atmosphere, some games are more art based developement. Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue especially, though that doesn't make MK bad by any means. In fact MK4 had probably THE BEST atmosphere of any fighting game to exist. Dark overtones not only in the music but the charactes themselves and the storyline.

In the end though, I think we both know people saying those other series don't have art [lol at anime depicted games which require tons of dedication to art and designs/sprites/etc.] are kidding themselves.

Yea, obviously umk3 is much better gameplay/competitive wise, i was comparing tekken to how mk changed with every game(except MK:DA and MK:D) and how tekken stayed true to it's roots, i basically haven't played tekken since T3 and picked up T6 a few days ago and could instantly see devil jin is T3 jin and as i said this isnt a bad thing, it still plays great and all these people bashing games that have earned respect from the community(Tekken, SF etc) prolly havent even played them, it's just a case of fanboyism because if they would and not be blinded by "MKZ ZEH BEST..MUSH BASH DIS OTHER GAME" they would probably even enjoy them and become fans of the said game. lol

Yea, obviously umk3 is much better gameplay/competitive wise, i was comparing tekken to how mk changed with every game(except MK:DA and MK:D) and how tekken stayed true to it's roots, i basically haven't played tekken since T3 and picked up T6 a few days ago and could instantly see devil jin is T3 jin and as i said this isnt a bad thing, it still plays great and all these people bashing games that have earned respect from the community(Tekken, SF etc) prolly havent even played them, it's just a case of fanboyism because if they would and not be blinded by "MKZ ZEH BEST..MUSH BASH DIS OTHER GAME" they would probably even enjoy them and become fans of the said game. lol

No disagreement here. Though funny thing about MK fanbase, they hate MK4 most out of the 3D games [bar MKA] yet MK4 did many things right compared to MKDA/MKD. Atmosphere and more.

Excellent game that also introduced Quan Chi to the main series [not just spin off.]

No disagreement here. Though funny thing about MK fanbase, they hate MK4 most out of the 3D games [bar MKA] yet MK4 did many things right compared to MKDA/MKD. Atmosphere and more.

Excellent game that also introduced Quan Chi to the main series [not just spin off.]

I absolutely loved MK4 in VS mode, i had a really good buddy who i used to play a lot of VS including KoF '99(that game was so awesome) and MK4 was intense, really fast-paced.My only beef with that game was the endings :D, they were hillariously bad made..however i did crack up on most of them and would just laugh out loud sometimes when i thought of one so maybe that was theyr intention lol.

agreed..i can actually stand playing MK4..its everything after that as far as im concerned never existed ...MKDA through MKA were so horrible i wont even look there way...i also want to shove boons face in a pile of those abominations and yell NO while tapping his nose like you would an animal after peeing on the floor....