DLC, what are you prepared to buy/how much + game install size

Khanada

I personally have 1200 xbla points saved up. There's a ton of good arcade games out there to choose from however I'm going to keep them all for MK.

Knowing the other fighting games 1 extra character could very well cost 400 points, with each additional costume/fatality being 80. I'm hoping to have enough for the first DLC characters (which they are already working on so it might even be there first week of release). Not to mention some avatar items (I've NEVER bought anything related to the avatar but this time might be the first).

Also, for the xbox users, how big of an install do you think the game will be? I only got the 4gb hard drive so might have to play it from disc=longer loadtimes :( (the PS3 install is only 1.55gb, as shown on the back of the box in one of the unboxing videos but I reckon the xbox one will be at least 5-10gb)

my $0.02

(the PS3 install is only 1.55gb, as shown on the back of the box in one of the unboxing videos but I reckon the xbox one will be at least 5-10gb)

Thanks for the info, I never knew that. :p

As for DLC, I will be willing to buy everything. I hope I don't regret saying that later.

ill buy everything but anymore than 400mp for a character and i wont buy it(unless it's shinnok which im prepared to pay up 1000mp for):)

if they end up making babalities, brutalities or friendships dlc i would expect to get them free or very cheap. i do like to support NR by giving my money to them but babalities/brutalities and friendships were part of old skool mk which this game is meant to represent so they should be in the game.

I believe usually to put in on an Xbox hard drive it's usually somewhere between 6 gigs and up from what I remember seeing for a lot of the games I've installed on to my hard drive.

pretty much anything they release I'll buy. I'm already buying a Tournament edition for Xbox 360 and a Collector's Edition for PS3 so what's a few more dollars right?

@Khanada - Are you sure the 1.55 GB description means to save the game on the hard drive, or to save game data for progress? Because I know on the 360 descriptor, the amount of space they are referring to, is the amount to save game data, not the actual game. Also, it was like that for the PS2 from what I remember, so I think they are talking about the amount of space to save the game data, not the actual game. There is no way this entire game is only 1.55 GB.

Last edited:
I will buying everything thats geared toward the females and underdog/less popular characters. Wont be buying the male ninja stuff.

Thanks for the info, I never knew that. :p

As for DLC, I will be willing to buy everything. I hope I don't regret saying that later.

It has to do with the fact that the Xbox installs the entire game whereas the PS3 only installs certain things.

As far as DLC goes, I'll purchase all characters they put out.

I've a 2800 points card on hand. I'll likely pay for characters, not so sure on unlocking costumes and fatalities that I can do myself though.

And MTG is on sale on marketplace for 400pts and I may spring for that before my game shipment arrives.

I got $40.00 on my PSN account, but it's for more than just MK stuff. I just hope the DLC for MK isn't overpriced, like MVC3's is ($10 for just two characters? Really?)

I had 20 points and I purchased 1600Ms points so I can buy MvC2 for 600Ms points but now I feel like just saving those points for Mortal Kombat but I'll just buy both.

Honestly I'm not prepared to buy any DLC, I don't agree with the practice in general so I vote with my wallet. :p

I'll get all the Klassic DLC that's available (Stages, Costumes and Fatalities), as well as Skarlett and The Pit 3 (if it's available on PSN).

I do hope that Rain gets in as DLC.
He should have been on the MAIN roster, IMO, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Last edited: