Have you been an MK fan? through the high's and lows??? Be Honest

Sleepy59

how many of u out there stayed true to the MK franchise and enjoyed or at least tolerated all of the MK games after MK2 and / or UMK3 (my personal opinion on when the series started it's freefall)

Now how many of us are now coming back to the MK franchise bc of MK 9

i admit i fall into #2...i am coming back....i kinda gave up on MK after deadly alliance...i had enough

This is just a post to find out how many of us actually stuck with MK....bc i know many people will say things like MK vs. DC was hot or MKDA or MKD were great games....but i think it's safe to say that the majority of fans believe those games were underwhelming....

I went backwards through the MK franchise. Started off with MKvDC, then I got really into MK and went from MK2 and up.

So what does this count as?

I actually enjoyed MK4, DA, and Deception. I didnt like Armegeddon and I had no interest in MK vs. DC though.

Yes been an MK fan since MK1 I like every MK game we have gotten with MKA being at the bottom of my like list

I also really like Deadly Alliance and Deception there in my top 5 of the MK games so I guess it goes like this:

1.UMK3/Trilogy
2.MK2
3.MK Deadly Alliance
4.MK Deception
5.MK1
6.MK4
7.MKvDCU
8.MK Armageddon

I played MK2 and UMK3 when I was a kid then never even had interest in any of the MKs passed MK4.
MK just hasn't been known to be a deep and worth playing fighting game in the last decade in my opinion. Sucks to say, but it's true. Someone who takes fighting games even a little seriously wouldn't of picked up MK4-MKvDC.
But this game changes all of that. And I'm SUPER excited that MK finally got their shit straight and decided to push their awesome storied game to the competitive market.

Own all MK games. I was an MK fan through every low and high. I don't think MK has had as many lows as some other series out there, take that as you will.

I always loved all MK games since I was little. I bekame a big fan when I was 12 bekause I actaully knew what was going on. I never turned my back on MK and its the only game series I love and really into. I am always gonna love MK<33.

never was really a fan. i didn't really ever get into fighting games. look forward to this though

MK I've owned throughout my life:

MK 1 - sega genesis (6 years old, 1992)
MK 2 - sega genesis (8 years old)
MK 3 - sega genesis (9 years old)
UMK3 - sega genesis (forgot how old, 10 years old?)
MK Trilogy - Playstation 1 (11 or 12 years old)
MK Mythologies - PS1
MK 4 - PS1
MK GOLD - NEVER HAD Dreamcast =(
MK: Special Forces - PS1
Deadly Alliance - xbox
Deception - xbox
Shaolin monks - xbox
Armaggedon - xbox
MK Vs. DC special edition - xbox360 (MY First online game ever was with this game!)
MK9 - the rest is history =)

So through thick and thin....highs and lows....trials and tribulations....mortal kombat means a lot more than a game to me in my life at least.

I despise the Deadly Alliance fighting engine. I had deception, but only got it for Konquest, which was awesome. I wont lie; until I saw this game, I had pretty much given up on MK.

Also, I actually really like MK4 and Gold. I still don't get why people hate on it so much.

Ive been with MK since MK3 on playstation. I even had *sigh* special forces and mythologies -___- i had 4 AND gold, MKDA, MKD, MKA, MKvsDC. I had MK2 on game gear and MK1 on gameboy after MK3. Never had trilogy but played it. Never played UMK3 before.

Edit: Had shaolin monks too!!!

Essentially, I broke up with MK after MK4...came back for MKvsDC and stuck around for the upcoming title. I have played Deception and Armageddon, but I wasn't impressed with either.

My first mk game was the Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the N64. I loved playing versus with friends. I became a fan but throughout the years I lost touch with the series. The last mk game that I played was Deception, I wasn't fond of the 3D gameplay. It looks like I will enjoy the reboot. I'm going to feel like a kid at a candy store.

I've always been a fan but I will admit, I lost faith after Deception. Some might say they stances didn't clutter up the game play but I disagree. I pre ordered DA and it was ok. I picked up Deception a few months after release and I wasn't really impressed so after a day or two I let it set and really never picked it up again. Skipped MK:A all together and I actually got Vs. DC one day one. This is the game I've been waiting for since the release of MK 4 and I'm truly excited.

So the answer to your question is yes I've always been a fan even though I didn't support the franchise at it's lowest (MK:A)

I have been a Mk fan since the first game. Honestly I did not like Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Was very disappointment with it considering how amped I was. I liked Mk vs. DC also but really just did not have the Mk feel and was extremely unbalanced fighter. Fight mechanics were awesome though just needed more time to polish. Loved Mk 1,2,3 and 4. Really liked Deadly Alliance and Deception as well. Mk 3 and Deception being my favorite out of the classics. None of these games compare to Mk 9 though. Mk 9 is actually a tournament worthy fighter on par with Tekken and Street Fighter. This is how I wanted the franchise to evolve. Games like Tekken and Street Fighter have always been better balanced because they simply refine there games and build upon there old formula which never changes. Mortal Kombat 9 finally has that foundation to build on now so I hope they do as promised and update normally and watch over there community to see what works and what dosent so they can build upon that for Mk 10.

I have been a Mk fan since the first game. Honestly I did not like Mortal Kombat Armageddon. Was very disappointment with it considering how amped I was. I liked Mk vs. DC also but really just did not have the Mk feel and was extremely unbalanced fighter. Fight mechanics were awesome though just needed more time to polish. Loved Mk 1,2,3 and 4. Really liked Deadly Alliance and Deception as well. Mk 3 and Deception being my favorite out of the classics. None of these games compare to Mk 9 though. Mk 9 is actually a tournament worthy fighter on par with Tekken and Street Fighter. This is how I wanted the franchise to evolve. Games like Tekken and Street Fighter have always been better balanced because they simply refine there games and build upon there old formula which never changes. Mortal Kombat 9 finally has that foundation to build on now so I hope they do as promised and update normally and watch over there community to see what works and what dosent so they can build upon that for Mk 10.

It's kinda confusing for me. I knew about Mortal Kombat since MKII because my uncle introduced it to me, but I didn't start playing it until MK4 came out in arcades. And I've been playing it ever since, so what would that make me?

You know, when I really think about it, I did grow up with this game. Mortal Kombat from 1-3 became my goto fighting game alongside my Zelda game. Wow. I remember when I was 8 years old and MK1 was all the rage. I didn't have any arcade to go to, but the game was on the news for the longest time and I remember being very adamant as a child as to how disturbed I would be if I played the game. I said I would cry if I actually saw it.

But my dad being my dad surprised me one day, calling my ignorant bluff. I came home and he rented Mortal Kombat and challenged me to a fight. I was hooked as soon as I knocked my dad into the pit. Then... one day, I hit up, up with Scorpion. :)

Ever since then, Mortal Kombat has been more than just a game to me. It was really one of the better times I spent with my dad. Knocking each other into the spikes and burning each other to the bone. I grew up. I was mildly disinterested in Mortal Kombat until I would hear enough rabble rousing about the upcoming new title and really... it was always just like coming back to that time when I was 8. From MK4 to A. Of course, as I got older, that nostalgic bloom faded and I was rather turned off by MKvDC. I figured MK was officially dead.

Now Mortal Kombat 9 is coming out. My dad and I rarely talk to each other... but I couldn't help myself and told him about the upcoming Mortal Kombat game and how it was going back to what we both enjoyed.

...Damn. I'm getting kinda emotional on this.

Hell yeah I have.

I'll admit that I lost interest for a little while during that tremendous gap between MK4 and DA as well as around the time Armageddon came out (actually lost interest in video games in general), but that didn't stop me from playing the **** out of each game. Never at any given point during the past 18 or so years would I have said "no, I'm not a Mortal Kombat fan".