Have you been an MK fan? through the high's and lows??? Be Honest

Arcade era defines MK. MK4 was a huge departure, especially after hitting it perfect with UMK3. It was the downfall. MK is a 2d series and it suffered badly in the 3d era. The games, allbeit with some good stuff in them, played like total garbage.

im a fan of MK, but not a mindless, bias fanboy whom ate up anything they threw at me.

My first mortal kombat game was trilogy which in my opinion is a great game to start with, i loved that game i played it at all times. I believe my next game was Mortal kombat Deception much later, my uncle bought me the strategy guide before i even played, and i loved that book so i had to get the game. I loved it, i loved it so much i decided to get Deadly Alliance(yep took a step back), loved that too. Couple years later, Armageddon was already out and my grandma was taking us to the store to get us free games so i picked it and loved it, sorta. Than i got the midway arcade thing so by than ive played mortal kombat 2 & 3, and i downloaded 4 for my computer, cause at that point i was mortal kombat freak. My grandmas boyfriend got us Mortal Kombat Vs DC and even that was a good game for me.

SO yep always loved my mortal kombat :)

I own every major MK title including ultimate, trilogy and gold and when im feeling self abusive I play special forces and mythologies.
I grew up on mk as a kid. From my first experience with mk1 arcade at the theater I was forever hooked. My least favorite titles are special forces and armageddon. Yes I actually like mythologies more than armageddon. My favorites are mk2 and umk3 and trilogy is great when just hanging with some friends. Deadly alliance and deception were ok i did enjoy them.

I've bought all MK games since I first played MK3 for DOS in 95. Obviously some are better than others, but I've enjoyed playing all of them.

when I was in my old elementary school that was the BIG Hype you were not cool if you never played MK I could ever get was MK 3 we could not afford any more game those days so we would either play that game or renact it to get a MK high. After moving to my new house I was able to get Mk 4 as a gift

I must have been about 8 years old playin' the first MK at home on Genesis....I can still to this day recall my father about having a heart attack when I pulled off my first fatality. Sub-zero of course.

By the way.....do you guys remember that with the Genesis port of MK 1 you had to enter a cheat code for "blood mode"!? Those were the days man!

Falling back into it because of MK9.

Was never a fan of 3D MK games. They just never had the same feeling but MK9 looks to be going back to it's roots, minus the 2D, of course, but the fatalities and such look awesome and the game looks so nice and smooth, I really can't wait to play it.

YES & NO ;)

Yes... MK1 - MK Deception

Not so much of a fan in armageddon and MK vs DC
but i still supported them with my money & thats what counts the most.
armageddon > mk vs dc

Yes I've been a fan since the begining thru the highs and the lows. I get every game that is released the day it comes out all the way back to the first MK on SNES. To be honest I've enjoyed all the games not one of them made me feel like this game is crap.

I have been there with mk from the start. I used to play mk2 and mk3 and umk3 in the arcades. Used to play mk1 all the time on the genesis and super nintendo. I was hooked with the characters, the gameplay and the fatalities. The most awesome thing from the arcades was the booming sound coming from MK2 when raiden did his victory pose, and the music and other sounds. when mkda came out i didnt even know it until i walked in walmart one day in 2003. I liked it but didnt love it. I liked deception more but i was always hoping mk came out with something better esp. on a new generation system. So here we are a few days away and im very excited about this one.

I was always a fan of the story, but anything after MKT played like shit...
I remember I picked up MKDA only for Reptile, and MKD only for Noob...

Noob has also always been my fav, even when everyone thought he was a shit joke fighter...

I have played every single MK game ever made. and finished them all. I dont think any of them suck. I love them all. I've been waiting for this new mk since before mk vs dc. i have checked trmk and other sites everyday since then. I knew about most character before anything was annouced. and i get really mad when anyone included my best friend( street fighter lover) talk badly about mk. botton line no fighting game even comes close. even street fighter is nothing compared to mk. The only Downside for me with the wait between games.

I first played MKII on the SNES (v. 1.0) when I was 7-8 and have been a dedicated fan since. I missed only two games, which were Special Forces and Sholin Monks, because I really didn't care for a game follow Jax and Sonya (glad I missed that train wreak) and S. Monks for no reason really, just kinda did. But I've endured some of the crappier games (MKA should have been good...) and enjoyed the major plot-line throughout.

Yes, I have supported MK all throughout their MK 1 thru MKvsDC history.

I will say that that Armageddon is the ONLY MK game which I sold back, because I was so disappointed in it.
I bought again it a few years back, but for collection purposes. ;-)

i've always been an MK fan...idk what 'lows' you speak of, since i thought MKD and MKDA were fantastic. MKA sucked because, even though it was 'awesome' looking/lots of characters etc...every character felt lacking...not 1 single person felt like it was its own fighter...literally, like a pallet swap ;p

didn't play MKvsDC because i hate cross fighters. never played mythologies.

1st mk was UMK3 *(snes)
MK4, and MKD/DA/A

i didn't own many because of the way i grew up i guess, not a lot of money...but damn it...ill be playing this MK on my gigantic, wall mounted LCD, possibly on both consoles. (since if i win the tourney, i can get a copy for free ;p)

I was a huge fan for MK1 through UMK3. Then I never jumped on board for MK4 as my interests were elsewhere at the time and I didn't have the hardware. Then I came back for Deadly Alliance and Deception -- and really dug those. I wasted/enjoyed so many hours in deception's Konquest mode. Then I fell away from the Franchise and am just coming back to it (though I rented the DC game).

~rl

Falling back into it because of MK9.

Was never a fan of 3D MK games. They just never had the same feeling but MK9 looks to be going back to it's roots, minus the 2D, of course, but the fatalities and such look awesome and the game looks so nice and smooth, I really can't wait to play it.

Same here loved 1-UMK3 hated everything after. This game is a return to a 2-D plane. 3D graphics are fine to me as long as it's on a 2-D plane

Yup, I was pumping quarters into the MK machine at my local arcade back in the early 90's. Been a fan of MK from the moment it first came to arcades... I still remember seeing it for the first time and being amazed. Loved MK2. MK3 is where the series started going downhill for me...the fatalities were the ultimate display of laziness, and they had become nothing more than a joke...I think the Friendships were more violent and disturbing.

But I digress.

MK1-3 were the best years. I hated UMK3 because it was mega cheap, but MKT for PSX was great. After that? Blah.

Deadly Alliance was a major disappointment. Deception was better, but still meh. Armageddon I despised.

MK lost a lot when it went 3D. I'm not talking about simple elements...the series as a whole lost its identity. It became a heaping pile of nonsense. This game really is the first MK game i'm actually excited about in over 15 years.

I became a fan when UMK3 came out. I loved MK4 then I got into Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil so I kinda wondered away from MK. When MK: DA came out I loved it. I spent hours on it for months then just stopped playing it and I decided to pass up Deception - MK vs DCU. When I saw the first trailer for MK9 I welcomed it with open arms and I've been excited for it ever since. I actually got the chance to play Mythologies Sub-Zero a few days ago and I didn't care for it. I'd like to give Special Forces a chance but I know I'm going to hate it.

I became a fan of Mortal Kombat during the 3D era, but still, the franchise was so good that it became one of my favorites. Only later I discovered the old games and all their glory. But even when I found out about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, and I was extremely disappointed that they were making a crossover, I still loved the franchise.