Baraka

K-Twizzy

How many of you like Baraka? I personally hate him now. My reasons:

1.) His specaials are too good.
2.) He occupys about 9/10 loading screens
3.) Everybody uses him online
4.) I thought he was a one of a kind ; Now he has a whole race (including Milleena :evil: )
5.) I dont think I've ever played someone who doesent use his weapons the whole round.

I don't hate Baraka, I love the character and his playability in fact.

I do hate the one dimensional fuggers that use him consistently, but hey, they up my win count :)

Baraka rocks. I mean there are people better than him that are way cheaper. But its good to see him back.

Glad he's back, decent fatalities, etc. but his moves are way too easy to pull off and I am sick of fighting guys w/ cheap moves online.

First off, Baraka wasa always considered part of a race. The MK2 ,manuel even said that Mileena was partly his race. As for his cheap moves and such, ever hear of breakers? There are ways of getting around him, for one, keep your distance. As for him taking up mass loading screens...yeah, it sucks, get over it.

Jack Diesal said:
First off, Baraka wasa always considered part of a race. The MK2 ,manuel even said that Mileena was partly his race. As for his cheap moves and such, ever hear of breakers? There are ways of getting around him, for one, keep your distance. As for him taking up mass loading screens...yeah, it sucks, get over it.

exactly what i say..learn to avoid it.. i mean the worst of all is raidens teleport grab thing.. but i found out how to get around it!!

Baraka was just another character to me in MK2. And the same in MKD. At first he was a bitch to fight, but then I figured out how to beat the cheap fags who abused the blades stance. Now Baraka is just another character, once again. His story has never been appealing to me, same with his look.

Mileena was always a Tarkatan, but she disguised herself (okay half-Tarkatan, maybe...I forget...she's half Kitana clone half-Tarkatan, correct?)

Ashrah is by far worse than Baraka at cheapness...thats all I gotta say.

I played against a guy in chess....Ashrah grunt, Nightwolf Champion, and Baraka leader....needless to say how he played, but I still took the game home. Most of the people who play cheap suck if you throw them off their game. Play cheap back against them and be aggressive, they are only good if you are defensive where they can throw/trip you easily

I think Baraka's the man. I don't play with him all that much, but still, he's badass, just like he was in MK2. His second fatality is weak, though.

Baraka is no different than any other fighter. Once you get to know a fighter, you can be more powerfull with him. Take Bo Rai Cho, or Hotaru for example... they may be slow, but they do posses much power, and can be quite deadly.

Baraka was cool to come back, but I didnt understand the huge hype with him him being on every poster, every card board stand up.

I dont mind the stupid people picking baraka... i always beat them.
His Hara-Kiri is the best to me, maybe because on the trailer previews I was confused and had to re watch it like 5 times. I just thought maybe Scorpions new fatality is hypnotizing them into killing their self. But when i found out what hara kiri meant, i was really excited and i thought the new suicide moves were gonna be coool.

I think Barraka is cool. I think bringing him back was a great idea. Yeah I guess they kinda over hyped The Tarkatan Terror a bit much, but with all of the other suck ass characters in the game they kinda had to. I still would rather of had reptile instead of the B man, but he is a definate second on list behind the Scorpster on my playlist. I also thought his ending is sweeet, cool fatalities all of that stuff. If the cheapos out there over use him, that's their problem. Being a cheap ass is lame anyway and eventually will backfire on you against a solid player that uses strategy and timing to whoop ass. So all in all I think that Barraka should get praise and not get bashed (unless you are playing against him in Kombat), because there are alot of other sucko characters and they can be used to be cheap with too.