The MK9 strategy guide

Biggles

This is going to be my first MK, and I was wondering if the strategy guide was worth getting?

I'm not looking to go preorder one or anything, but when I go up and get the game on the 21st and its there I wanted to know what your opinions on it were.

So is it worth getting? I would probably need help with a lot of the combos, but I'm not really sure how much content there is and if its worth the price. Although the laminated cards seem like they could be useful.

So, is it worth it for a newbie?

Yeah, I'm aware of the moves list when you press start, but having it in more detail along with advanced combos sounds helpful.

Does anyone know the difference between the KE strat guide and the standard?

buy it. looks to be a good read. and it beats hitting pause and going thru the moves list every 5 seconds until you know the move sets

one has que cards ant the other dont there in the back

it has there movesets and quick combo help
TRMK_Prima_Swag.jpg

and the other one dont its just the book
2rxd6o7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ames thats really helpful, looks like I might pick up the normal guide if they have any. :)

I pre-ordered the KE guide along with the KE game. I'm such a sucker for this kind of crap, lol. I used to pore over every detail in the MK2, MK3, and UMK3 guides as a youngster, so the KE guide will be like a quantum leap back into my 12-year old self.

I read this on another forum today, not sure if true:

i work at Gamestop and we got the games and guides in. first off, i pre-ordered the guide at $29.99 a few months ago. i was surprised to open the box and see they were all marked $34.99. whatever. then i check for the music cd its supposed to bring. no cd, downloadable code for soundtrack. ugh, whatever. not sure if anyone has posed pics but the inside is a mess. the layout is pretty ugly. whatever, thats cool, whats up with the fatalities? so i look and what do you know. they list one or two fatalities and then give you an empty spot to write in the others yourself, after you've discovered them."

I read this on another forum today, not sure if true:

That's kind of a bummer to read. I've been a sucker for hardcover comics lately, so I pre-ordered it on Amazon. It shipped today. Free release date shipping and it was only $19...so hopefully it kinda rules. Got to check out my Tournament Edition today (but couldn't take it home :( ), and I gotta say...the box is MASSIVE and I'm having a hard time withholding excitement until Monday evening.