Shang's soul steal and bosses

linkueismoke

I had a thought earlier that might help people to see if bosses will be playable. Only problem is that, (unless someone finds a video earlier) you won't get an answer before the game comes out officially.

Hector confirmed that the bosses were not playable but I remembered that Shang's soul steal turns you into the character you are fighting (along with his intro). I was wondering if when you do the soul steal on a boss, you temporarily turn into them? If that is the case, then that would confirm them as playable because they would have to have programmed playable move sets. The only drawback I could see would be that the transformation portion of the soul steal is "locked" against boss characters.

So they could be either secret unlockables that were not even set up in the demo for the hackers to find or future DLC.

Any thoughts?

Just like how certain specials never worked against bosses.. This one will be no different. I doubt that they'd let you turn into the boss, dude. Sorry :(

The only problem I see with the bosses being playable is that they would really have to be balanced properly or it wouldn't be fun playing against someone playing as Shao Kahn online.

Shang Tsung's morph move probably will not work on bosses, because MK bosses are traditionally two things:

1. Unplayable
2. Broken as sh*t

Yeah, it'll probably be blocked.

Off Topic: I wish they would just let the bosses be playable offline, but oh well. I can already imagine Shao Kahn's X-ray lol.