What character in MK9 Will be the overall BEST?

1st Smoke 2nd Scorpion 3rd Noob Because I Was Good With Scorpion In MK vs DC Smoke In UMK3 But He Was Cyborg And Mk4 I Was Good With Noob So For Me Its Them. But It Will Be Whos Best For You. But Kratos Will Probably Be Cause I Heard He So Overpowered

Xbox Mk Player BTW

Meh don't wanna sound like another Kratos hater as I love GOW and the fact that he's in MK9 but he seems to be a bit overpowered; from the footage shown he seems fast and strong. Apart from him I reckon Ermac, Liu Kang and Scorpion will be picked up by newer players easier than other characters as it looks like they combo easily.

Liu Kang - Usualy the character for beginners.
Johnny Cage - The demo showed a great potential, but he could have been changed since then.
Kabal - Just my fave really :)

KHAAAAAAN! Especially if he's not playable, I assume his stats will be up there.
When you're considering best in terms of fighting style it'd likely come down more to personal preferences. From what I've seen so far from videos, I like Noob Saibot's.

1. Noob Saibot - defensive-ofensive character, with lots of tools to deal with almost all situations in game. I put him as number 1 for now, let's when the game is released and we see some Youtube gameplay videos point out if he is to be feared or not ....
2. Kabal - maybe the quickest character in the game, and probably, full of deadly combos .... his dash spinning special combined with combos and air projectile = hard to overcome
3. Kung Lao - I see this guy dominating in combo area, since he seems to do impressives +10 combos, easy and hard to counter.

I don't think there'll be a best character, it depends on the player. I might think Kung Lao is the best character, while someone else think it's Kabal, or Noob, or someone else. I want this game to be perfect, and that includes all characters being good, none of them being better than the other.

That said, there's still the case of Kratos, who might be a little overpowered.

my moneys on Kung Loa hes always top tier

Agreed.
Kung lao will be very lethal in this game.

I've always been a huge fan of Liu Kang but in this one i'll start off with Kung lao.
My top three therefore are:-
1) Kung Lao
2) Liu Kang
3) Raiden

Kratos will be the best IMO

no. high low tier, which isnt very good.

i think noob will be a beast and also baraka

MK9 'Raka sux. :/

raiden. thunder god. nuff said

needs to be nerfed. *cough* NRS *cough*

Quan chi nuff said

Quan is poo tier in MK9

Is not the character really, it's the player.

lol no. now a tier list is based on how a character plays between 2 players of the same skill (high level skill) but its about the characters.

That said, there's still the case of Kratos, who might be a little overpowered.

see my first reply above.

Tier doesn't affect who I choose.
I don't care how great Raiden or Johnny Cage is, or how suck ass my favorites are.
If I want to pick Sektor, I'm picking Sektor.

Based on the livestream it was clear that a few characters have some great combos and defense-offense capabilities. Jade, Sindel and NoobS stood out.

While I agree that all the characters are freaking awesome, especially Kabal, they seemed more balanced (for example, Kabal's dash was easily blockable, whereas NoobS could disable his opponent from a distance and follow it with a distance throw without the risk of getting harmed). Scorpion looked OK, maybe because he was the guy everyone had experience with (seriously, they shouldn't have used him for half the fights...).

Sonya looked really good too, quick attacks that can cover a lot of distance. The stance changing they hinted about will be tough to control but probably be pretty rewarding in high-level play.

Striker's X-Ray looked like one of the strongest in the game (it did like 38% damage alone). His pistol combos nicely into his moves but I find his other combos lacking. Gonna have to check him out, he actually looks pretty viable.

Shang-Tsung looked pretty slow and his soul-from-ground special didn't cover enough ground to be able to consistently be used in midfield combos, although the EX-version apparently does.