Mortal Kombat Live Stream Discussion

Quan Chi is supposed to have betrayed Scorpion AND Sub-Zero, causing their rivalry.

It makes PERFECT sense that he's in the MK 1 tournament.

I know what he's done. But that doesn't happen in the first tournament. He shouldn't be present for that part of the game. It should focus on Scorpion and his rivalry with Sub Zero... Later putting focus on the mastermind behind their burning hatred.

Oh well... Just another change I'll have to get used to.

But you guys need to realize that JUST BECAUSE a character is involved with a certain story, that doesn't mean they need to be present.

Spoiler:
Shinnok doesn't show up until the very end of the game and to be honest, it should have been the same for Quan Chi. This game should have focused more on the Scorpion/Sub Zero rivalry BEFORE Quan Chi was thrown up front.

I reckon Sareena was AWESOME! She should've been in MK4 instead of Tanya IMO. She's the goth female ninja; the femme Noob Saibot! AND she's a Netherealm demon! Tanya was just another Edenian broad (awesome though Jade, Kitana and Sindel definitely are).

Aw. I liked Tanya. She's such a ****ing *****.

But you guys need to realize that JUST BECAUSE a character is involved with a certain story, that doesn't mean they need to be present.

Well, this is a reboot. They're telling it in a way that they couldn't before. So it makes sense (to me anyways), that there would be characters in places we didn't see them before.

Aw. I liked Tanya. She's such a ****ing *****.

Sareena was much more ****e than Tanya.

i really wanted 2 see sindel in action anyone want 2 post link 4 me :( they didnt even show something kitana related, oh well...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13955286 - This is the second part, showing a lot of fights, fatality tutorial, challenge tower, test your luck... it's almost 3 hours long. It shows a bit of Kitana, Jade and Sindel.

Well, this is a reboot. They're telling it in a way that they couldn't before. So it makes sense (to me anyways), that there would be characters in places we didn't see them before.

Yeah, but aren't the changes meant to be CHANGED by Raiden through his visions. We see Quan Chi just moments after Raiden receives the message.

I don't know. I just don't like the idea of him being present in the first tournament. I thought for sure they'd introduce him during the second tournament. Or even the third.

But Quan Chi is like Scorpion's back stabbing Mr. Miyagi. I can't help but think this pretty much makes sense. We never knew how much of a trickster Quan Chi was until MK4. I think right now, people aren't aware of how insidious Quan Chi is. And I mean, let's face it. With a tournament filled with questionable people, I don't think you're going to be all that concerned with just one bald dude when you could easily have Kano knifing you in the back or Sub Zero freezing the iron balls off a brass monkey.

But Quan Chi is like Scorpion's back stabbing Mr. Miyagi. I can't help but think this pretty much makes sense. We never knew how much of a trickster Quan Chi was until MK4. I think right now, people aren't aware of how insidious Quan Chi is. And I mean, let's face it. With a tournament filled with questionable people, I don't think you're going to be all that concerned with just one bald dude when you could easily have Kano knifing you in the back or Sub Zero freezing the iron balls off a brass monkey.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't know. I just don't like the idea of him being present in the first tournament. I thought for sure they'd introduce him during the second tournament. Or even the third.

Yeah, I get what you mean. It's one of those elements that they introduced later on to give new characters some background. I mean, according to MK:M he killed scorpion because of him. S'yeh. Meh. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out I guess.

EDIT : WOAH WE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT AT THE SAME TIME

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Not trying to bust your balls too much, Matt. But consider Scorpion's ending from MK1.

Go to 1:48 and see it. It was NEVER explained as to how Scorpion was allowed to come back. Ever. Even back then, as a child, I couldn't understand that or how it was possible because it was never explained. I don't think we'll ever fully know how many characters were really thought up in the beginning. Though it's most likely that MK4 retconned Quan Chi to be the guy that brought Scorpion back.

Also... in Sub-Zero's ending; who was the wealthy enemy of Shang Tsung that made Sub Zero try to kill him?

Where can I watch the portion of the stream that showed story mode? I've found a couple different vids, but both omitted that part for some reason...

There was alot to see in the second part where the stream got sorted out but story mode is hard to judge under the circumstances but looks ok but for everything else saw some real good stuff like

Spoiler:
The car on fire driving off the bridge
Zombie Kombat
Stuntman
Test your luck vs
first footage Evil Monastery changing between day and night
Strykers X-ray
Kombat Kodes
yeah the list goes on and on but the one thing that makes me wonder is why be so secretive about the character select screen.....
Now there are people that do not want the spoilers fair enough but they selected some spoilers off screen and then put them up for the live stream anyway... ok so there was no reveal of Sheeva, smoke or Quan chi in this session or of the final character select screen but it makes me wonder is it tottally different? Is the Music Different? Is there a character/s + Arenas we still don't know about in spite of all the leaks?

Or do you think I'm reading too much into it? they are just not trying to spoil it for those who do not want to know?

Ok hear me out but why not show arcade mode? Because it would show the ladder and reveal characters + bosses etc but the stages and fighting order would also be random to a certain degree apart from boss battles making it to dangerous to showcase a week early...

So I think that there are still a few Surprises left... Or atleast I am hoping that is the case the demo deliberatly had stuff taken out like the Living forest stage fatality and no koins were being won and even though the leaked info that was there showing parts of the game it just does not add up entirely for me....

I am now going to read the very beginning of the story spoiler and see if it is the same as I just saw in the vid

Do you think there are a couple of extra Characters we still do not know about and some more arenas from the trilogy? The main reason why they are not showing the character select screen is because there are still secrets to us now because most people have seen the spoilers anyway I mean it has been posted all over the place you may aswell post my copy of the game to my address in spoiler tags so....Is it just legalities = Nah ... I tell you what it's like they wan't us to think we know everything but actually we don't it's like a good harmless trick and cannot wait for this now

Last edited:
Not trying to bust your balls too much, Matt. But consider Scorpion's ending from MK1.

Go to 1:48 and see it. It was NEVER explained as to how Scorpion was allowed to come back. Ever. Even back then, as a child, I couldn't understand that or how it was possible because it was never explained. I don't think we'll ever fully know how many characters were really thought up in the beginning. Though it's most likely that MK4 retconned Quan Chi to be the guy that brought Scorpion back.

Also... in Sub-Zero's ending; who was the wealthy enemy of Shang Tsung that made Sub Zero try to kill him?

^ Dam it this makes me want to play sub-zero mythologies all over again :/ i hope it was Quan chi who paid him hehe

The Wealthy person could have been anyone.

I don't get what you're trying to prove with that post. No where in MK1 was Quan Chi mentioned. It was a mystery. Why the hell can't it be a mystery in this game? At least up until the ending.

It's all about good pacing. He shouldn't be standing around with Scorpion in MK1. Especially since Sub Zero knows Quan Chi. I'd be like "What is this shady ******* doing here?" It's just stupid. And sloppy for the character.

Yeah, it makes sense that the wealthy enemy could possibly be Quan Chi, considering MK:Mythologies takes place before MK1.

I also couldn't help but notice the irony in Johnny Cages ending: "Cage goes on to film Mortal Kombat: The Movie and its many successful sequels." Too bad the sequel wasn't successful at all. lol

Might it be possible that Quan Chi has Scorpion under his control since he was the one who brought Scropion back to life? Even if its non-canon, he did it in MKvsDC.

And I also notice his tattos are different from the ones in MKDA-MKA so they must have another meaning.

Why the hell would Shang Tsung try to get Quan Chi killed if they both made a deal together? Shang Tsung gives Quan Chi the location of the map if Quan Chi helps him resurrct Sindel.

Last edited: