The official reviews thread

War Eagle

One week left, folks. I guess now's as good a time as any to start this thread. Let's post reviews in here so the main forum doesn't get jumbled with a million review threads from different websites. Until the first reviews start popping up, let's take guesses at what scores it will get. I'll go first:

IGN: 9.1
GameInformer: 9.25
Gamespot: 8.6
Gametrailers: 8.9

Gamerankings overall: 87.36%

Your turn.

*Also, I'll do my best to try update this post with the actual scores as they start trickling in*

One week left, folks. I guess now's as good a time as any to start this thread. Let's post reviews in here so the main forum doesn't get jumbled with a million review threads from different websites. Until the first reviews start popping up, let's take guesses at what scores it will get. I'll go first:

Your turn.

*Also, I'll do my best to try update this post with the actual scores as they start trickling in*

Ign 9.5
Gamespot 9.0
Gametrailers 9.4
Game informer 9.8

thats my estimate

IGN: 8.0
GameInformer: 9.5
Gamespot: 7.9
Gametrailers: 9.0
EGM: 8.5

Gamerankings overall: 85%-90%.

Though, I have deep fears that gaming magazines/etc. won't be too kind. They'll probably say "Just like past MKs" without looking deeply at it. Oh well.

Your turn.

Yea this pretty much what I think its also going to look like

Hmm.. well lets see IGN gave super street fighter for ps3 9.0 and MvC3 8.5. I'm guessing this one will get 9.5 from them hopefully.

My prediction for avg score is 90/100 making this one a "Triple A title" I'm buying despite the score a reviewer gives it tho.. I just hope the game is fully tested and everything goes smoothly on launch..

If this is the official thread for reviews then it shouldn't be a thread dedicated to guessing the reviews...

Yeah, like I said, I plan on adding all the official reviews in post #1 as they trickle in. I thought it might be fun to guess while we wait and see how close we get.

i personally think reviewers are suckers for content
MK9 has a mess load more than SSF4, MvC3, ect... (SSF4 had the two trail modes while MK9 has the 300 mission tower :D)
i'm guess 9.5 for IGN if the Fighting mechanics hold up, (which they looks great so far)
all imo

if any reviewers try to get clever and give the game lower than a 10, i hope ed boon calls them and does this

I could care less for reviews by IGN, since they don't know anything when it comes to MK.
Aside from that, they have given really good games, in the past, a shitty score.
I only look at IGN reviews for the LOL factor.

IGN - 9.0
Gamespot - 9.5
Gametrailers - 9.3
Gameinformer - 9.25

I think they will be picky and try really hard to find stuff not to make it a ten

I think there will be some 9's, some 8's. My expectations:

IGN - 8.5
Gamespot - 9.0
Gametrailers - 9.2
Gameinformer - 9.5

Other magazines - 8.0 to 9.5

I think they will be picky and try really hard to find stuff not to make it a ten
This applies to just about every game ever created. I haven't been following Gameinformer so I don't really know what scores they give. But as far as the rest go, the games that scored a perfect 10 on those 3 websites can be counted by your hands. If I'm not mistaken no game ever scored a 10 on gametrailers. It's very rare that you see a 9.5 from those reviewers let alone a 10.