HD or ORIGINAL Format?

MR.Awesome

BANALITY
I'm gonna have to go with original, because what I like about Mortal Kombat is it epitomizes the era of the 90's like no other. With its awesome graphics and gameplay, it's the atom bomb of arcade gaming. We can only hope to create the nuclear if we both celebrate its success and let it go. So that means no "reinvention of it classic 2D fighting mechanic" or its graphics. Those games have got to be ported to XBLA and PSN as they were for the magic to happen.

Last edited:
There might just be an option to play as old sprites, similar to SSF2THDR.

We'll just have to wait and see.

If you need old sprites, why don't you play original MK? MK HD Kollection should look perfect, the same characters, the same costumes, but big detalized sprites.

If you need old sprites, why don't you play original MK? MK HD Kollection should look perfect, the same characters, the same costumes, but big detalized sprites.

Why? Because they haven't ported it yet. The Mortal Kombat trilogy is perfect as is the way I see it.

Last edited:
I might go with the old school stuff for nostalgia and just to mix it up, but I'll be playing the HD most of the time.

Why? Because they haven't ported it yet. The Mortal Kombat trilogy is perfect as is the way I see it.

Then you don't understand what "broken" means.

Funny avatar, BTW.

MK Trilogy is very good for 19ths. MK1 and MK2 are good too, but with "run" and combos they'd be even better. Technologies NRS and WB have now allow to make our MK perfect in all meanings, that's why I say YES to MK HD.

See, I like that MK, MK2, and UMK3 are different komponents of one perfectly entertaining package. I call that success. Now all they have to do is transfer it to our consoles.

Last edited:
Stay on topic guys. If there's some play going on, let the Staff know. We will deal with it.