even more confirmation of the xbox360 exclusives

Cheta

mkkingofthehill530pxdph.jpg

Ever since revealing Kratos for the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat, Xbox 360 owners have been waiting to hear about platform-exclusive features for Microsoft's console. While NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. have yet to confirm anything, Save and Quit has posted up some rumored features -- and no, none of them are a playable Spartan.

Outside of an exclusive Puzzle Kombat mode, the Xbox 360 will also get a King of the Hill mode (which features Avatar support) and an arena called The Pit 360, a remake of Mortal Kombat 3's The Pit 3. Additionally, it's reported that DLC character "Lady in Red" will be offered as a free download for Xbox Live users for a limited time following her debut and there will be exclusive Mortal Kombat-themed Avatar gear available for purchase on Xbox Live.

None of this is confirmed, of course, but the image above supposedly shows off the King of the Hill mode and some Avatars, giving this rumor just a little hint of validity. We've contacted both NetherRealm and Warner Bros. for comment.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/rumor-mortal-kombat-xbox-360-exclusives-include-arena-free-dlc/

Both versions of the game will get the King of the Hill mode, so I don't know what this article is talking about. Looks like they just believed the rumour we saw and wrote about it. :\

dude king of the hill was confirmed when the collector and tourney editions were confirmed the others are rumored but people are saying the guy who said puzzle kombat pit 3 and skarlett is a netherrealm developer

Didn't Ed Boon say no minigames other than the Test Your Might ones would be in the game? The Pit III would be awesome, and so would Scarlett being free for us (especially since she will be released on the same day as MK9).

And King of the Hill is on both 360 and PS3...

Both versions of the game will get the King of the Hill mode, so I don't know what this article is talking about. Looks like they just believed the rumour we saw and wrote about it. :\

It basically says that the 360 version has Avatar support, where the ps3 gets a regular king of the hill

Hector shot down parts of it, not all of it.

Furthermore, the fact that there is hard photo evidence of MK9 avatar support would seem to corroborate at least part of it.

King of the Hill will be on both consoles. As for Puzzle Kombat and the Pit 3 stage, Boon said on Twitter today "Dont believe everything u read".

RT @ELNDB its not fair for ps3 users.we got kratos and they got great stage Noobde: They being? Dont believe everything u read.

RT @draven_defay damnit, I hope PS3 gets puzzle kombat and pit 3. Still not better than Kratos. Noobde: Dont believe everything u read.

RT @MaxximusLee @noobde does that mean i shouldn't believe your tweets, as well? Noobde: Good point. No, I was referring to the internets

RT @AdamCoumis @noobde Any more surprises before the 17th? Noobde: Absolutely, we've got a few more big reveals coming soon.

You are right, the difference is that in xbox360 the king of the hill will have avatar support, but both games will have that mode.

koh is cool but i would love to get skarlet day one, dont care if i have to pay $50 to get her. im not hating but why is 360 getting mk related stuff, i know the pit 3 will become available eventualy but waitting sux.

They will get Skarlet free but not in the disc, not in day one, when skarlet is realesed as DLC for both, PS3 and 360, PS3 skarlett will have a cost but 360 skarlett will be free for a few days. Thats what they confirmed some days ago.
Really i dont care about Skarlett, never play with girls, I prefer Kratos!

Honestly I think it's some-what BS to have LiR free if the rumor is in fact true.

Yes Kratos is exclusive but LiR is NOT, only a small amount of people asked for Kratos, we're all begging for LiR though.